Arri Alexa Mini & Marice 600
2123 4 2016-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyPod.nyc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170151 ft
United States

Anyone tried flying an ARRI Alexa Mini with the Ronin MX/Matrice 600  yet?
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

:You would need to purchase extensions for the Ronin MX, but it's feasible. There are some customers that use this camera.
2016-9-2
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yah I tried....and then to my disbelief (literally, couldn't believe it) it didn't fit (had to take a bar off the Ronin) and then it didn't balance. So I went back and looked at the promotional video for a reality check.  Hmmm.  So I balanced it like a jib (circle weights taped to the top toward the back-- still not enough weight), and after making body modifications to the Alexa (unsuccessfully),  I pretty much lost my shit because I thought that even if I could get this to fly, it would be so heavy from the extra weights, and so manipulated, I just didn't feel comfortable putting it in the air. I also would have to hook up and HDMI making it even clunkier. That's a lot of money to fool around with and I'm not gonna be the one to try it.   My BIG question to DJI.  Can we really get a RED in the air or do we have to buy a bunch of extras and mod it out? ( Also,  I wish I had read Jamies post about the extension rods before spending all that time on the set up.)
In the end I slapped a GH4 with a wide angle lens and I'm hoping to fly 2moro if the weather clears up.   I'm so frustrated.  I truly have to ask DJI about their promotional video.  I would say it's misleading.   However before I get mad at DJI, I'm going to see what their official response it to the video and if they will include the extra extension rods to us for free seeing that there was literally NO indication that their would be a build out.  Anyon else have thoughts on the matter?  
I still think the Matrice and MX combo is a great idea, however its clear that some larger format cameras will not be easy as I thought.  
2016-9-3
Use props
SkyPod.nyc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170151 ft
United States

Thanks. I may try the extenders And your comments address issues we all face. It can be very frustrating.
2016-9-5
Use props
fans357b5ffa
New
Flight distance : 88921 ft
United States

Has anyone had anymore experience with flying a red or alexa?  I'm interested to hear if it's possible and how it worked if it is.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules