7136 16 2016-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mellingham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35184 ft
Australia

Hi all.

I have recently purchased an S1000 with A2 + iOSD Mk II etc. I needed to replace the 2.4GHz datalink as the ground transceiver was lost.

The original owner had the datalink attached via iOSD Mk II Can port, which is attached via Can1 on the flight controller. This is against the blueprint which shows the datalink should connect via Can2 / PMU.

Is this an issue to connect via iOSD/Can1 as per the build? The reason for asking is that I don't have the correct cable to connect via PMU/Can2 (it's not the standard Can-bus plug for the second PMU port).

Thanks in advance!

2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You risk not having the Datalink read properly if left in the incorrect CAN Port. You would should connect the Datalink to the CAN 2 port as the installation diagram dictates.
2016-9-2
Use props
mellingham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35184 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-3 05:05
You risk not having the Datalink read properly if left in the incorrect CAN Port. You would should c ...

Thanks Jamie. Can you please point me in the right direction for the correct cable in that case? The cable provided with the datalink is the wrong plug type.
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mellingham@gmai Posted at 2016-9-5 11:14
Thanks Jamie. Can you please point me in the right direction for the correct cable in that case? T ...

Most dealers that sell the iOSD Mark II tend to sell spare parts as well.
2016-9-6
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

2016-12-11
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

2016-12-11
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

2016-12-11
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

What can I do to get this working?
2016-12-11
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

I have actually set it up differently, still no green light on the BTU (with my new configuration). My new set up is Mark II iOSD to A2 PMU can port, LED indicator into open can port on Mark II iOSD and then the air end of the 2.4 Data Link into the can port just under the GPS Compass Pro Plus (which is according to the 2.4 Data link manual)... Still no BTU green light and no connecting of the data link to the IPad or computer. DJI over the phone said to send in my Data link for testing and possible replacement. Oh, and we flashed (updated) all the firmware across the board. everything works except the data link. I will mail it off tomorrow. If anyone has thoughts in the meantime please post.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ForestryDrones Posted at 2016-12-15 08:33
I have actually set it up differently, still no green light on the BTU (with my new configuration). My new set up is Mark II iOSD to A2 PMU can port, LED indicator into open can port on Mark II iOSD and then the air end of the 2.4 Data Link into the can port just under the GPS Compass Pro Plus (which is according to the 2.4 Data link manual)... Still no BTU green light and no connecting of the data link to the IPad or computer. DJI over the phone said to send in my Data link for testing and possible replacement. Oh, and we flashed (updated) all the firmware across the board. everything works except the data link. I will mail it off tomorrow. If anyone has thoughts in the meantime please post.

I'm sorry for the late reply. The A2 connection should look like this:
A2 Diagram.PNG

Based on what you provided before, the LEDs on the Datalink air and ground end seem fine. If you're still getting a solid red BTU and you've already tried resetting the BTU info, then most likely the BTU itself is bad. Good to hear you're getting started with a RMA, they would be able to get that swapped out in no time.

Just to let you know, it would help if you hit 'reply' when you respond to a post, that way it will send out a notification.
2016-12-15
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

I tried this configuration and the Zenmuse Z15-N7 actually stopped getting connection (it pointed straight down) here are the videos I submitted. I am wondering why this configuration causes the gimbal to not work?
2017-1-4
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

Here is how it works when I have the Zenmuse gimbal ran through the CAN2 and channels are mapped through the A2. It works but the mode switch will only work in non-oreientation lock H-Free mode, it acts crazy in H-Trace and reset modes.
2017-1-4
Use props
ForestryDrones
lvl.1
United States

I have sent the 2.4 Data Link to DJI for repair or replacement, it arrived at DJI and was tested and it checked out good. They are sending back the unit and an extra cable that they said might work. I'm not sure whats the issue, any thoughts? Can anyone point me to a video of a configuration setup with S900 or S1000 with A2, Mark II iOSD, 2.4 Ghz Data link and a Zenmuse gimbal that is completely set up and working?

Thanks
2017-1-4
Use props
Wahab Gulzar
New

United States

Hi, We are also trying the similar set up with DJI S1000 and 2.4 GHz datalink and not able to get the wireless link established through BTU. We are not using Zenmuse.  Kindly help. Thanks
2017-4-21
Use props
Wahab Gulzar
New

United States

Hi, i am not able to find the following cable. Kindly guide. Thanks in advance.

CAN cable

CAN cable
2017-4-26
Use props
UoG geog dept.
lvl.1

Canada

Anyone have any thoughts on this set up but without the data link? I got the IOSD so i can retrieve flight records. I also have a Lightbridge 2 connected to the system. Thanks
2017-6-1
Use props
fans843962c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150148 ft
Indonesia

i need this cable too. can you explain this cable too? thanks
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules