Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Message to DJI Management
2258 9 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmaxwell.email
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Many of your loyal customers have been and are being put though a lot of pain and agony due to how the Inspire One release has been handled.  I really hope you have learned something from this and will never do it again.

I have been in the high tech business for over 40 years and I would like to share a story.  Our company was working on a new and exciting product.  We had a meeting where the engineers explained their plans and the schedule for finishing the product.  They estimated that it would take four months to finish the product.  Immediately a marketing type said that we must finish the product in three months because there was an important world wide show where we must introduce the new product.  The engineers objected, but were over ridden and the management said that it must be finished in three months.  The product was not compete, but was still introduced at the show.  The early products were shipped to customers and it required a lot of support in the field to make them right.  Many of our customers were not happy and it hurt the companies reputation.

What was learned?  Engineers are always optimistic about their estimates.  It usually takes longer that they estimate to finish a job.  Add extra time to their estimates and do not subtract time off of their estimates.  Do not let your project become driven by some external show or date that has nothing to do with the project.

Now let me guess what happened at another high tech company that we all love.  The engineers prepared a schedule for completing the project.  It showed that it would be late January before the product was ready for release.  Remember you need to add some time on to this schedule.  The marketing types said that the product must be introduced by November and be ready for sale by December 1st to sell during the Christmas season.  Of course we all know the rest of this story.

What is the moral to this story?  Listen to the engineers.  Add extra time to their estimates.  Don’t release a product before it is ready.

One more thing…my company fired the marketing type who insisted we had to release by the show!

I hope you have learned your lesson and will not do it again.

It would be very nice if you appoligized to your loyal customers and communicated with them your recovery plans at this time.

One of your hurting customers who is still waiting for his extra batteries, props, iOS app, and chargers,

Ray

2015-1-29
Use props
Renaat
lvl.4

Japan

Hi Ray and all you passionate flyers.

We had bad experience yesterday with DJI after we ordered and paid I1. Here our chat:
hello
hi, can i help you ?
12:27:18
OK, we just bought inspire 1 at your company, order is in process. Meanwhile I look to get the iPad app for our iPad mini, how to do ?
12:28:33
dji-pilot for ipad !
12:29:41
Thank you very much for your support and patience. We are extremely sorry to say that the DJI-Pilot App has been delayed for iOS devices. DJI is working hard on this to push the approval process through with Apple and will keep you informed of any of our progress.
Thank you, and sorry again about the delay.
we see youtube videos people using iPad !! how they did do ?
12:32:38
Sorry ,I don't know.Maybe download from website.
12:34:01
i understand you do not want to answer on this question. But it is NOT VERY HELPFULL. This is the first disappointment with your company. We spend 19000 rmb for nothing
When iOS app will be available ?
12:36:05
sorry ,I have no this time .
you will have a very bad publicity on youtube, i assure you !! Really pissed for your service !!!!

Conclusion:
Living as European in China……  I know Chinese: never having balls to tell the truth, prefer to hide reality and treat others as stupids.
Hiding the truth, cheating ….  it is in chinese blood, they even do not know. As western feel a lie is bad, disgraceful, for chinese people a lie is OK when it helps the company ……   in the short run !
We have to live with their mentality !
2015-1-29
Use props
kietzmanbc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

Funny/Interesting Story.

However, (not that I am defending a product with defects because I live this nightmare everyday of my professional life) I have the pleasure of running a global support organization for a large software company. We literally have thousands of software (and hardware) engineers and if we ONLY took their opinion into account, we would probably release a product once every 3-5 years (if that). It never ceases to amaze me that the "truth" lies somewhere in-between what Marketing and Product Management wants to see and What Engineering would like to deliver. If we waited for the perfect product (an engineers dream) there would be no company to work for..because the company would have no revenues to keep building new products from!

And now for a few laughs:

Q: How many marketing directors does it take to change a light bulb?
A: It isn’t too late to make this neon instead, is it?

Q: How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One, but they’ll spend three hours checking it for alignment and leaks.

Q: How many marketing executives does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Marketing executives don’t change light bulbs. They barely have enough time to finish telling you how great the light is going to be.

A: None. They are all too busy trying to design the perfect light bulb.

Q: How many Marketing Managers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: First we have to discover what type of light bulb it is that the market requires….

A: Four. One to design a nuclear-powered light bulb that never needs changing, two to install it, and one to write the computer program that controls the wall switch.
2015-1-29
Use props
myth55au
lvl.1

Australia

I must admit to feeling negatively towards this product at the moment.
I have felt worried about flying this item for a number of reasons.
In my case no simulator for android , I would like to practice ? No word from DJI on this ?
IMU issues that appear not to be resolved as yet . If i do crash this thing there is no spare parts , not even basic parts ,props, batteries etc ..flight records that disappear , DJI recommended not flying this on a couple of occasions  due to imu bugs and now prop locks needed .
So as it stands Ive had this thing for around a month , flown it a few times , on one occasion I had an issue but that flight record disappeared from my flight record ? The batteries/props  i ordered with the Inspire still have turned up and i have no prop locks ..I am also concerned of reports of ppl losing gps a number of times during flight and the inspire going into atti mode during takeoff or during flight (im not sure but i think this may have happened to me) .
All these things do not fill me with confidence and i am seriously thinking of asking for a refund as i feel i was promised something that really did not exist ..why would you launch a product without items such as batteries , props ,BASICS and to show this item with simulator and then to launch it without is just wrong .. this was one of the reasons i went ahead with the purchase ? Dji did not say oh and by the way android will not have the simulator ? ..then there is the apple pilot app being pulled from the store ? really ? ..frustrating ..and DJI remains silent giving boxed answers without any real info.. THE END  ..Now i feel better getting that off my chest lol
2015-1-31
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Read you guys' threads earnestly.
Thanks a lot for your cocerns for DJI. We truly appreciate it.
Things will go better
2015-2-1
Use props
lithos76.hotmai
New
United States

I may end up loving my Inspire but at this moment I'd just like to say that DJI sucks donkey ballz.  And that's being nice.  From one business owner to another, you must do better or I'll never spend another dime with your company.  #Frustrated
2015-2-3
Use props
UM305
lvl.4

United States

Renaat Posted at 2015-1-30 08:42
Hi Ray and all you passionate flyers.

We had bad experience yesterday with DJI after we ordered and ...

Renaat.
I am very disappointment with your comments, in special about the" Chinese blood", looks extremely racist and not acceptable in our society.
The Chinese people and many people from Asia, are super friendly and hard workers, some times more capable in comparison as you say "Western people"
You as " blond", White,Caucasian, who knows...who care...just need see bellow your computer MADE IN CHINA, enjoy your inspire 1...

2015-2-3
Use props
Renaat
lvl.4

Japan

UM305 Posted at 2015-2-4 10:27
Renaat.
I am very disappointment with your comments, in special about the" Chinese blood", looks e ...

If there were no western companies with their no how, there would not be a China as now. Chinese are not very inventing, in opposite of the Japanese who started with copying too.
By the way, China will suffer next years, as exporting is slowing down and western companies are looking for cheaper producers. The more the president looks to tax more the foreign companies, that will surely not help, but he needs more money for development etc. who knows what else.
PS I live in China for years and have some experiences; even married with (a western minded) chinese charming lady.
2015-2-3
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.3

United States

Haha reminds me of going to a Chinese restaurant here in the US.  If you don't like the food or service, you keep your mouth shut cuz they own the restaurant   Good thing is I tend to like the food so I always come crawling back.  I feel I'm doing the same with DJI.

I wouldn't underestimate the Chinese, however.  They're in a slump right now, but throughout history they've been known to be one of the most innovative, advanced, and powerful civilization this world has seen.  Probably even rivaling the Romans.  Anyway off topic... Point is they've got great potential as history has taught us.  I am very sure that Chinese companies and culture will step up to the game.  I appreciate what DJI is trying to do.  I admit I do get frustrated with their customer service, but here we are on their own forum with the ability to criticize their products.  Now that's free speech.  They have a ways to go, but they're getting there.
2015-2-4
Use props
Renaat
lvl.4

Japan

FrostyThe2nd Posted at 2015-2-4 17:53
Haha reminds me of going to a Chinese restaurant here in the US.  If you don't like the food or serv ...

I agree. The only thing I ask from Chinese producers: be honest, tell the truth, sell "quality" as well in product as in service (employees need to know their own products). That would already change a lot !

Some experiences: bad fake copies of original product (on packaging not to discover any difference until you use it), bad after sale service, sales don't know their own product (only the reference number and the price), no real advice before buying, buying machine-> control all screws, some will not enough tightened, some will be over screwed. A nice packaging does not guarantee the product quality.

After all, I find that all dji-users are helping the company to finalize their product to a western standard. Working together seems to be a must.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules