Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HDMI Input
1402 8 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck1906
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

Maybe in a future Osmo DJI will add an HDMI input somewhere on the handle. It would be nice to use an external monitor instead of our phones to monitor the content we shoot or make a HDMI module like what's available for the Phantom 3 Pro.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestion, that's a good idea.
2016-9-2
Use props
p.groom1
lvl.3

That would be an  OUTPUT not input. - But yes!
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Then it would only be a monitor and not be able to use the GO app and have access to any of the camea settings.
2016-9-4
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.3
United States

Hmmmmm…I didn't think about that!
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1906 Posted at 2016-9-8 00:14
Hmmmmm…I didn't think about that!

Plus your phones resolution would give you a better picture than a monitor anyways.
I do agree that if you use your phone a lot it can be a inconvenience if you must take calls all the time.
That's when a 2nd phone really comes in handy.
I've been playing with the new Osmo mobile for a month and that uses only your phone, there's been several times I had to answer the phone with an Osmo attached to it
I would have loved a 2nd phone.
2016-9-7
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 11:53
Plus your phones resolution would give you a better picture than a monitor anyways.
I do agree that if you use your phone a lot it can be a inconvenience if you must take calls all the time.
That's when a 2nd phone really comes in handy.

Have you tried putting your phone in Airplane mode so the phone doesn't ring and/or receive text messages? I am not sure if Wifi would work in airplane mode though.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1906 Posted at 2017-3-6 08:31
Have you tried putting your phone in Airplane mode so the phone doesn't ring and/or receive text messages? I am not sure if Wifi would work in airplane mode though.

It's not an issue for me so I don't mind it.
2017-3-6
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

An HDMI output on the handle would be HUGELY helpful for a whole number of applications and would give us some workarounds for some of the biggest customer complaints.  

With an HDMI out we could ....

1 - output to a second screen (or multiple other screens) for director/client monitoring either via hardwire or wireless (via an HDMI transmitter).
2 - record externally and get around the 4Gig file size limitation of the Osmo/Osmo+  *this limitation is an absolute deal-killer for anyone trying to do a long form event with the Osmo.
3 - enable live streaming via third party device either hardwire or wireless (via an HDMI transmitter).  *In my experience live streaming is a mess on iOS and evidently non-existent on Android.
4 - enable 2nd screen monitoring for Assistant Camera Op to better utilize DJI Focus with Osmo Pro/RAW.  *Although I don't have this setup I can say 2nd monitor is critical for professional work.  If you want to sell more DJI follow focus, AC must have their own monitor.
Potentially you could even give us an HDMI out without doing anything DJI-hardware-wise.  How about enabling a clean video output through the DJI Go app (for devices that have an HDMI out).  iOS devices have the ability to breakout HMDI via an adapter and some Android tablets come equipped with an HDMI out.

2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules