JUST BOUGHT AN OSMO AND NOT EVEN 3 WEEKS LATER OSMO+ IS RELEASED?!?!
2174 10 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xmetienne
lvl.1

Tanzania

Guys,
I want to share with you the way DJI is treating their loyal customers!!! Should someone have experienced the same issue, please, do not hesitate to report it as well! It is only by reporting it, that we might be able to change the Abusive Commercial attitude of DJI!

So, here we go:

I have contacted DJI online sales and customer care department, but no reply! I went then on Twitter, this was about three weeks ago, and absolutely no one seems to care! I have complained about the Osmo+ new release, as I bought an OSMO X3 on the 25th of July, it was delivered to my US address on the 29th of August, and the time to forward my newly bought OSMO to Tanzania (since DJI is not shipping to Africa), where I am located professionally, the shipment got there on Tuesday 9th of August 2016.

The shipment go there with no problem and everything was fine, until a bit more then two weeks later! When I found out that DJI had just released the new OSMO+!?!?!?

I FIND THIS COMMERCIALLY ABUSIVE, AND I REALLY FEEL CHEATED! MOREOVER THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME, I HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL, I BOUGHT IT AND COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER DJI COMES OUT WITH THE PHANTOM 4!?!?! WELL, ON THE PHANTOM ISSUE, I HAVE KEPT QUIET AS THE RELEASE OF PHANTOM 4 WAS A BIT MORE THEN TWO MONTHS AFTER, ME BUYING THE PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL! SO, BAD LUCK!

HOWEVER FOR THE OSMO, NO, HELL NO…!!! BARELY TWO WEEKS AFTER BUYING A COMPLETE OSMO SET, WITH SPORT’S KIT AND SPARE PARTS... DJI  COMES OUT WITH THE NEW "OSMO+", MOREOVER THERE IS NOT BEEN ANY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS ANYWHERE ON DJI WEBSITE (UNTIL AUGUST 25TH, THE SAME TIME THEY RELEASED OSMO+) OF "AN IMMINENT RELEASE OF A NEW OSMO+" IF I WOULD HAVE KNEW I WOULD HAVE WAITED FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS BEFORE BUYING AN OSMO!!!

I call this behavior "COMMERCIALLY ABUSIVE AND ALSO TAKING UNMORAL ADVANTAGE OF ITS CUSTOMERS", especially from loyal DJI customers since Phantom 2!!!

Now what makes me even more angry is: I have requested  DJI on its Twitter account, why don't they announce the new OSMO+ release at least a month or couple of months before? Nobody even gives a damn nor care to even respond! IS THIS THE WAY DJI TREATS ITS LOYAL CLIENTELE BASE??? Not even a we are sorry about this, blablablabla… so don’t even think about commercial gesture!!!

Back in 2014, I went to an apple shop and bought an iPad 2, few days later iPad 3 was released. I have received a phone call from the Apple Store, asking me if I was willing to bring back my newly bought iPad 2, add another 99 USD and get a brand new iPad 3. I’ve said yes, brought back the iPad 2, paid another 99 USD and got a brand new iPad 3!!! THIS IS WHAT I CALL AN INTELLIGENT SALES & MARKETING STRATEGY AND COMMERCIAL GESTURE!!! OF COURSE, THIS WOULD NEVER BE THE CASE WITH DJI!!! You guys from DJI Sales & Marketing Team, you would be working for my group of companies, I would have fired your A_S a long time ago! Your current policy is a major strategic mistake, costing you loyal customer and lot's of sales!

You know what guys! I had the intention to buy for our Products, Sales & Marketing team, a new Phantom 4 and a Osmo X5 and use both, to do promotional videos for the sales of our products and post it on our social media! Guess what? I am not gone do it, DJI has just lost a loyal customer!

DJI CAN SAY THANK YOU TO THEIR PRODUCTS, SALES & MARKETING TEAM, THEIR LOUSY CUSTOMER CARE, WITH THEIR UNFRIENDLY AND ABUSIVE COMMERCIAL ATTITUDE TOWARDs LOYAL CUSTOMERS...

You can count on me for an absolutely amazing good will, and do not forget it takes "10 good will" to offset "1 bad will"!!!

DJI SHOULD MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW PRODUCTS RELEASE, NOT MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE SAME TIME AS THE NEW RELEASED PRODUCT!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE AND ABUSING COMMERCIALLY YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, THUS IN THE MOST DISHONEST MANNER!!!

An Ex concerned loyal DJI customer!

2016-9-5
Use props
DemosNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

The Osmo was released in around October last year.

You cannot be surprised a new version has been released almost a year later.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple as.

DJI don't owe you anything.
2016-9-5
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

I would return it and get the Osmo+ I was almost in your boat but the day i was going to buy, I was told to wait for some news that DJI was going to put out the next day. Behold the Osmo+ so I made my purchase then, in all honesty i don't think you made a mistake in purchasing it though, if they never would have released a newer model you would be happy as pie, so just enjoy it or return it. Now it would have been kinda messed up if you purchased directly through DJI and they didn't at least give a heads up, but then again it would have looked like a money grab on the consumer POV. If you have seen what kind of content you can create with the Osmo, there is no need to be discouraged if you decide to keep the original.
2016-9-5
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

First world problems. Cry me a river why don't you. This is the risk you take when buying electronics.
2016-9-5
Use props
alansworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>

In my humble opinion it would have been quite easy for you to include even more capital letters in your post.  And you didn't really make much inventive use of colour did you?  Very careless. I think some green and possibly a spot of light blue would have been nice, though I'm a great fan of purple too. On the other hand, if you'd written the whole thing in a very very light grey then nobody would be able to read it, and that would be a really really good thing.

But you're perfectly correct in the second sentence of your second paragraph - nobody cares ... about your ridiculous moaning, idiotic rant and weird ideas about commerce.
2016-9-6
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The reality is that every so often, a manufacturer is going to bring out an improved model, a replacement model, or an additional model.

After a year, it was likely that a new model would emerge from dji to overcome some of the shortcomings with the Osmo (Mk I).  Early indicators are the drop in price, and any ‘special offers’ (i.e. extra “free” batteries) with your purchase.

However, dji are not going to give any official notice as they still have stocks of the Osmo for sale.

The announcement of the Osmo+ does not mean that your current purchase suddenly stops working.

All you’re really getting in the new one is a short zoom lens and a ‘motion time-lapse’ capability (I wait with interest for someone to actually try that one).

Some problems and shortcomings in the Osmo are still present in the Osmo+.

I appreciate your feelings over the timing of your purchase, but if you can’t return your Osmo — just enjoy its uniqueness.
2016-9-6
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I'm sorry Dji didn't run up to you and tell you not to buy their products because in 3 weeks they were going to release a new one.

Toughen up stop acting like a baby
2016-9-6
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

DJI has a 15 day exchange policy. Why didn't you exchange it?
2016-9-6
Use props
Gronkston
lvl.1
United Kingdom

OSMO+ isn't better than the OSMO imo. Just because it has a pitiful optical zoom + Digital Zoom doesn't make it better. The advancement in tech is an advancement but the fact you cannot record 4K while using this new feature is a step backwards. Every manufacture company in the world as the same theory. Make it, Sell it, Review it,Advance it. Welcome to the Neverending cycle of Tech advancment. No different than Nvidia's GTX10 series.
2016-9-6
Use props
fansf3a05305
lvl.1

Tanzania

chadbello619@gm Posted at 2016-9-6 08:12
DJI has a 15 day exchange policy. Why didn't you exchange it?

Because I've ordered it from the US and I leave in Africa, the time to send it back the 15 days exchange policy is long gone! Moreover it would cost me a fortune in terms of shipping, customs and excise duty!

I really feel cheated!
2017-1-29
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

fansf3a05305 Posted at 2017-1-29 05:43
Because I've ordered it from the US and I leave in Africa, the time to send it back the 15 days exchange policy is long gone! Moreover it would cost me a fortune in terms of shipping, customs and excise duty!

I really feel cheated!

Did you get what you paid for or did you pay for one product and get another? If you got what you paid for then you have no reason to feel cheated. When I bought a 2016 Mercedes toward the end of 2016 I knew they would be coming out with a new (and presumably better) model in a few weeks. I didn't feel cheated and neither should you.
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules