Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mac iOS 8.1.3
2921 20 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

My iPad has just downloaded this update, however I will not allow it to install until I know that it will not affect DJI Pilot app

I am very suspicious after the recent farce over the app, does anyone know if it will cause any problems with the Pilot app
2015-1-30
Use props
maverik29
lvl.2

United States

I've been on the various betas of iOS 8.2 since receiving my Inspire and have had no issues whatsoever with an iPhone 6 and iPad Air (iOS app version 0.9.2). FWIW
image.jpg
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any word on the status of  DJI Pilot app being available on the Apple App Store.  It was recently taken off and this is a big purchasing decision factor as to whether I am going to purchase and Inspire 1.  I know that there is a beta version but being that this has control of the flight of the Inspire 1 itself, I don't want to take any chances.
2015-1-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No problem. 0.92 beta works fine
2015-1-30
Use props
maverik29
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-30 22:36
Any word on the status of  DJI Pilot app being available on the Apple App Store.  It was recently ta ...

Not a word. Apple's App Store review process is notoriously secretive, can take anywhere from days to months to review and approve/reject, but most importantly, the entire submission, review and (hopefully) approval is primarily confidential between Apple and the developer, DJI in this case.

Once submitted for review and approval, literally the only party that can do anything to help the process is Apple. Regardless of ones viewpoint on Apple's policies and procedures, it is, after all, their ecosystem and they alone get to make the rules if you want to enter the gates...
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

maverik29 Posted at 2015-1-31 00:12
Not a word. Apple's App Store review process is notoriously secretive, can take anywhere from days ...

Do you have any idea why the app was originally pulled from the store?
2015-1-30
Use props
paulkent
lvl.2

United States

it never was in the store in the first place. DJI was distributing it from their infrastructure using a technique called enterprise deployment (which they should not have been doing according to their agreement with Apple - somewhere in the T&C's for xcode :-(

when DJI realised they needed to submit the app for approval in the app store, they also realised they could not distribute it the other way. hence they took it off the DJI web site.  
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paulkent Posted at 2015-1-31 01:51
it never was in the store in the first place. DJI was distributing it from their infrastructure usin ...

Cool thanks for the explanation.  I'm holding off on my purchase of the Inspire until they can get this offered again.  I don't want to be running a BETA .... to much at risk and a certainly do not want to have to go out and purchase a new tablet.

Hopefully this will be released on the apple store sooner then later but as indicated earlier, this is out of DJI's hands.
2015-1-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-31 02:30
Cool thanks for the explanation.  I'm holding off on my purchase of the Inspire until they can get ...

The beta app works fine- there are a few advanced features like IOC HL and POI lock that have not been implemented but flight controls are fine. For a smaller niche product like the LightBridge, DJI can't really be bothered to go through the trouble of getting the app formally approved but its just a matter of time before they get approval for the mainstream Inspire app. Apple would not want to pass over the extra business they are getting from enthusiasts throwing money to buy iPads for their Inspires.

Most people who post  should not color your perception of the true state of things. There are thousands of others without problems and who are happily flying. Otherwise, you won't be seeing a growing number of posts and You-Tube videos each day.

On the other hand, if you are conservative, there is no harm waiting for a fuller feature set to arrive. Personally, I waited about a month before I got my Inspire for some of the bugs to iron out. The two serious ones are the IMU issue and props flying off. The first has been resolved. The second - by this week.
DJI isn't going to go away anytime soon. From what I've seen, they are phenomenally progressive. This was a company that started up ? 2 years ago. When they started, the manuals weren't very readable and their products had a far less refined feel. Now, they are pretty much up to scratch and honestly, the Inspire is beautifully put together.

2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-1-31 10:31
The beta app works fine- there are a few advanced features like IOC HL and POI lock that have not  ...

Excellent and thank you for putting the Crash problems into perspective.  I didn't know that there were thousands of these already out in production.  I also appreciate the feedback about the beta app and looking forward to Apple putting their app up on the app store.
2015-1-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-1-31 10:37
Excellent and thank you for putting the Crash problems into perspective.  I didn't know that there ...

Thanks for the response and see my updated reply. You'll enjoy the bird but do take time to read the manual and try out all the flight manoeuvres mentioned in a large open field with no nearby trees, cell towers, large metal objects and crowds before going out to take serious videos or high speed stunts.
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-1-31 10:44
Thanks for the response and see my updated reply. You'll enjoy the bird but do take time to read t ...

I've actually been flying a Quad now for a year at our club's open field.  It is quiet in the middle of a park with no distractions like cell towers, buildings or crowds.  We are pretty lucky that way.  This is where I learned to fly originally.  I did look up the IMU issue and it seems based on the post that the most recent firmware has addressed that problem.  I guess now to wait on these prop locks which based on what you were saying is coming out shortly.
2015-1-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Great - you are lucky! The prop locks are shipping already (as of the weekend).
2015-1-30
Use props
bsigman.email
lvl.1

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-1-31 12:20
Great - you are lucky! The prop locks are shipping already (as of the weekend).

got my prop locks today and they are well designed with lots of thought given to them.
Shipped Mon arrived Orlando Friday 11 am.
2015-1-30
Use props
Searchr151
New

United States

I just purchased a new Inspire 1 today, from reading this forum an current iOS app is in process at apple store. my question is the mentioned older version available and from where and is it usable with current firmware on a newly purchased craft? In the post it stated iSO v9.2 is available for existing users, not the app store?  Some clarification please.
2015-1-31
Use props
pidetectives.ya
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the deal with the new E800 motors and props. Will Dj exchange the current motora for the new E800 and new locking props?
2015-1-31
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

Joke question right?  They will be on Inspire 2.0 for sure
2015-1-31
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I've just flewn today after I've updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 8.1.3.

Everything worked as before - so at least it's fine for me.

2015-2-1
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've updated my IPad Mini 3 to iOS 8.1.3 and havn't had any issues either
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-1-31 00:04
No problem. 0.92 beta works fine

Mike,

Can you tell me if the IOS version 0.9.2 allows you to set the max horizontal distance without being connected to the aircraft as I have seen this on a friends iPad and it only showed a green slider button no box to enter distance measurement only for vertical height.

Just want to ensure there are no bugs with this version before I consider using it as still unsure about the version.
2015-2-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

I think you need to be connected for this feature to work. Most of the settings disappear if you are not connected. One iPad can connect to different Inspires (not at the same time of course).
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules