Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2108 13 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098635 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, trying to upload a photo for my avatar but keep getting some sort of IO error. Tried different photos, different sizes etc etc.
Is there a way to delete the current avatar and revert to the original please, or could a forum mod pls do this?
Thanks

2016-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Simon, would you mind trying another internet source, and change web browser to have a test?
2016-9-14
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

Although I have uploaded a new Avatar and gotten a "Avatar saved Successfully" message using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Browsers, my new Avatar never changes from the default Avatar. I have refreshed my profile page. I have waited more than 6 hours. I have cleared the cache of both browsers. I have logged out and logged in again several times. I have successfully uploads and save the Avatar using both browsers over 10 times--NO JOY!  What must I do to change my forum Avatar? Thanks!
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-6 10:49
Although I have uploaded a new Avatar and gotten a "Avatar saved Successfully" message using Google  ...

Hi, there might be an issue with the server, I suggest you try again in a few days, after the Chinese holiday is over. Sorry about the inconvenience
2016-10-6
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-6 17:50
Hi, there might be an issue with the server, I suggest you try again in a few days, after the Chin ...

Thanks, Thor! My Avatar shows in my profile as of 4:50 am EDT 10/07. Now, how do I get it to show to the left of my post? I cleared cache--still not here...
2016-10-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It might take a week or a few days more before it shows up in the front page. Hang in there gang, it will happen. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-7
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

http://forum.dji.com/home.php?mod=spacecp&ac=avatar
Setting > Set my new avatar:
When I click on the "Browse" button to choose an avatar, I just get a little "Unselect the browsing file" error message. No file-dialog or anything.
What on earth does "Unselect the browsing file" mean? Browsing file???
No webcam on the PC, so that is not an option.
Win10 & Firefox 49.0.1.

I have to say that in general the forum implementation is not very impressive (and it's said in a nice way). Hopefully my upcoming new Mavic will be a completely different experience ;-)
2016-10-18
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-8 02:54
It might take a week or a few days more before it shows up in the front page. Hang in there gang, it ...

Well, it has been nearly 2 weeks and still no custom Avatar with my blog post. I know, wait longer: "It will happen." There must be a BUG someplace. This is the only forum where I have experienced a delay of any type on changing an Avatar. What's up DJI?
Plus, my status show "offline" when I am here!

2016-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-18 22:03
Well, it has been nearly 2 weeks and still no custom Avatar with my blog post. I know, wait longer: ...

If your avatar already shows up on your home page, it won't be long now.
The online-offline green light has never worked correctly. Some days it reacts well, other times not so much.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-18
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-19 12:22
If your avatar already shows up on your home page, it won't be long now.
The online-offline green ...

Sure, My Avatar showed on my home page in my profile as of 4:50 am EDT 10/07/2016. Frome then to now is a LONG time. You said before it will not be long: " It might take a week or a few days more..." Well, I am only asking that a DJI Associate look into the issue, as opposed to just sitting and doing nothing. Again. it has been 13 days since I was able to save my Avatar. Before that, several days of trying to save and having it show. Okay DJI, what is up?
2016-10-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-19 02:14
Sure, My Avatar showed on my home page in my profile as of 4:50 am EDT 10/07/2016. Frome then to n ...

It will always be a long drawn out process, as it takes the slow boat. There and back!! HahaWaiting for mine to convert, took enough time to create a new Disney creature.
We aren't sure why or how some parameters are designed here. Just that they often aren't up to snuff.
Will they ever fix it, or care?? Chuckles

Loading up new Avatars, online status, having the distinguished friends list in alphabetic order.
They are selling new model drones, or updating Go app and firmware, more often, than making corrections to this forum.

Sales seem to be doing well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-19
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

Finally, I have a post Avatar! Thanks!!
2016-10-20
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

Changed Avatar and it updated everywhere immediately. Amazing!
2016-10-21
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Yes, now it works :-)
2016-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules