Can't open battery compartment on OSMO
5232 11 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cris.brack
New

Australia

Took delivery of me OSMO, along with spare battery - charged everything up and have been happily videoing all manner of things. However the first battery has run out and I cannot open the battery compartment. I click the switch on the bottom of the handle to open but the door doesn't open even when shaken. Any ideas how to open ...short of sliding a knife in! Thanks.

2016-9-17
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, so if you slide you battery release switch back,as if to open the cover it won't flip up/open the battery flap?
2016-9-17
Use props
cris.brack
New

Australia

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-17 21:51
Hi, so if you slide you battery release switch back,as if to open the cover it won't flip up/open th ...

That's right - I try to get the cover to flip up, but it doesn't move a mm.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

cris.brack@anu. Posted at 2016-9-17 20:13
That's right - I try to get the cover to flip up, but it doesn't move a mm.

The lid is spring loaded, try sticking something very thin like a needle between the lid and handle to pry it open. Then open/close several times to see if it still does it. If so, then you can send it in for repair if you like.
2016-9-17
Use props
cris.brack
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-18 02:47
The lid is spring loaded, try sticking something very thin like a needle between the lid and handl ...

Ok, got a pin in (eventually), scratched the case a little but got it open. Now the battery is out it opens and closes ok. All clean inside, springs look fine.

With a little fear, I put another battery in, but all seemed to close and open again ok.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cris.brack@anu. Posted at 2016-9-18 15:28
Ok, got a pin in (eventually), scratched the case a little but got it open. Now the battery is out ...

Sounds good, don't know why it wouldn't open before. Possibly a tiny piece of flashing on the cover and now it's gone.
Just open/close it several times and you should be ok.
2016-9-19
Use props
stewartrowley30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there the battery door did it to me. I found it was because I didn't push the battery far enough in until it finds the little red catch inside. Once I used that it's all fine now.f
And breath. Ps when you put the battery in turn the osmosis upside down that also helps.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stewartrowley30 Posted at 2016-9-19 23:57
Hi there the battery door did it to me. I found it was because I didn't push the battery far enough ...

Nice, chalk another one up to user error
Seriously, thanks for posting. To be honest, I was so excited to try it out and hurried and powered up and nothing. Popped the battery back out and I forgot to take the plastic off the battery terminals. :0
2016-9-19
Use props
MJMBKK
lvl.1
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-17 03:51
Hi, so if you slide you battery release switch back,as if to open the cover it won't flip up/open the battery flap?

Can you tell me how to remove the battery cover, so I can use the plu- in battery?
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MJMBKK Posted at 2017-2-23 21:51
Can you tell me how to remove the battery cover, so I can use the plu- in battery?

Hi, please check the guide here

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf
2017-2-24
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

MJMBKK Posted at 2017-2-23 21:51

Hi,
DJI-Thor beat me to it, see the link he provided in the above post.
2017-2-24
Use props
MJMBKK
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-24 00:14
Hi, please check the guide here

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/en/Osmo_External_Battery_Extender_Quick_Start_Guide_en.pdf

Thank you.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules