12Next >
20579 57 2016-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evoludzhun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692 ft
Canada

i have been waiting for anyone who owns these two to post here in the forum but it seems like nobody has. so i found this link just for everyone to see. quite a sad thing. but im sure DJI is working on a fix on this (i really hope so)

2016-9-18
Use props
Typaco
lvl.1

Germany

THX for posting this video.
I'm waiting until DJI has fixed this bobbing effect when recording with the DJI go app.
Cancelled my order a few days ago, as this problem occured.
My iPhone 7+ is arriving in 2-3 weeks, hope they can fix this until then.
2016-9-18
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

You won't completely remove the bobbing affect because the osmo mobile doesn't have a fourth axsis, there are a couple of techniques used, to help reduce this bobbing effect
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think it has to do with the fact he's walking over grass, the result will be different if he's walking on a normal road.
2016-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-19 09:21
I think it has to do with the fact he's walking over grass, the result will be different if he's wal ...

Some videos are done on grass perhaps you should give warning that osmo mobile will not work on rough terrain?
2016-9-19
Use props
evoludzhun
lvl.2
Canada

Typaco Posted at 2016-9-19 10:00
THX for posting this video.
I'm waiting until DJI has fixed this bobbing effect when recording with  ...

I was waiting for anyone to post a similar video but there was none so I tried looking it up. I did cancel my osmo mobile order as well as I wanted to get the 7plus as well. I will probably just wait for the next release or have you guys seen the new gopro kamera? it's a drone plus the handheld gimbal in a package.  hahaha just throwing it out there.

2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-19 19:42
Some videos are done on grass perhaps you should give warning that osmo mobile will not work on ro ...

Uneven grounds, or shooting while running, will exacerbate shakiness of videos, I just think it's common sense that doesn't need a suggestion or warning.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

evoludzhun Posted at 2016-9-20 10:39
I was waiting for anyone to post a similar video but there was none so I tried looking it up. I di ...

Not sure about Gopro's handheld gimbal, the drone they are going to introduce (specs already released online) won't appeal to anyone once they see what DJI is going to offer, you'll know what I mean in a few days.
2016-9-20
Use props
evoludzhun
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-20 02:59
Not sure about Gopro's handheld gimbal, the drone they are going to introduce (specs already releas ...

wow! love the suspense. will wait for the announcement. cheers!
2016-9-22
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-19 13:46
You won't completely remove the bobbing affect because the osmo mobile doesn't have a fourth axsis,  ...

You are wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

When you use the iPhone dedicated App, or even any other App that can record video and the Osmo mobile the Bobbing effect is NOT THERE. This effect is ONLY in 4K when using the Osmo mobile App.

Try recording in HD, not bobbing or jerky effect, record in 4K you have it and this on whatever terrain you are walking. Hell just put the gimbal on its dock and use the joystick to pan you will have it!
2016-9-22
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-20 18:59
Not sure about Gopro's handheld gimbal, the drone they are going to introduce (specs already releas ...

Before releasing a new product make sure that the actual works... Looking forward for the Fix on the 4K Video recording.
2016-9-22
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2016-9-22 19:47

When you use the iPhone dedicated App, or even any other  ...

Would be interesting to see a video
2016-9-22
Use props
maurymcc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37949 ft
United States

Just got my iPhone 7 Plus as well as my OSMO Mobile, and 3840x2160 is horribly choppy. 1920 and lower works just fine. Here are two quick videos showing this:

3840 Video:

1920 Video:
2016-9-22
Use props
rossmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77946 ft
United States

I finally got my iPhone 7+ today and did a quick test.  While it's not perfect, it's working as I expected.  The smoothness would depend on how smooth you are able to move/walk.  If I really want rock steady "walking" shots, I'll stick with my Ronin, Drone, or Slider.  Pan shots are smooth.  Overall much better than w/o the device.  I'll get more experience with it when I shoot some clips at a wedding tomorrow.

2016-9-22
Use props
maurymcc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37949 ft
United States

What vid quality are you recording with?
2016-9-22
Use props
rossmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77946 ft
United States

maurymcc Posted at 2016-9-22 16:19
What vid quality are you recording with?

Ah yes, that video was in 1080.   I do notice the "stuttering" in 4K video recorded from the DJI Go app.  4K from the native camera app does not stutter.

As a side note I generally like the video recordings from the DJI Go App in 1080 because it uses the full frame during video capture vs. the native camera app (probably due to the electronic stabilization of the native camera app?).
2016-9-22
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-9-22 22:07
Would be interesting to see a video

Here you are

It is also important to notice that you can see a huge difference in video quality when using the DJI App Vs the Default one. Compression on the DJI App seems pretty bad.
2016-9-22
Use props
C1y4wovzjZqp
New

United Kingdom

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2016-9-22 12:47

Youre right! I used the stock app and the little wobbles usually most visible on hard edges disappeared! But my findings differed from yours -

(I just walked normally to exacerbate any potential problems)
Using osmo mobile and iphone 7plus

Stock app 1080 - no wobble
Stock app 4K - no wobble
DJI app 1080 - horrible wobble
DJI app 4k - doesn't work at all, so many dropped frames, video is ridiculously jumpy. (DJI seriously? I know you have a reputation for a lack of polish so I wasn't expecting perfection but this is unusable)

Can anyone recreate this and see if you get the same results?

I've been following this problem for a while, and at first people thought it was OIS, then DJI said it was due to the larger phones being slightly too heavy, but now I'm fairly convinced it's purely software on DJIs part - a huge relief really because it should be an easy software fix for DJI - but annoying in the mean time as I'm planning on taking this with me for making of, and our shoot location doesn't have internet or phone signal to update app.  Of course I can use the stock app to prevent wobble but then no active track etc. not best pleased.

So to summarise If youre like me and brougt osmo mobile and iPhone 7 then got nervous because of this problem, the good news is that the stock app appears to solve the problem, indicating that it is software, hence fixable in a future update.
2016-9-23
Use props
C1y4wovzjZqp
New

United Kingdom

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2016-9-22 12:47

Youre right! I used the stock app and the little wobbles usually most visible on hard edges disappeared! But my findings differed from yours -

(I just walked normally to exacerbate any potential problems)
Using osmo mobile and iphone 7plus

Stock app 1080 - no wobble
Stock app 4K - no wobble
DJI app 1080 - horrible wobble
DJI app 4k - doesn't work at all, so many dropped frames, video is ridiculously jumpy. (DJI seriously? I know you have a reputation for a lack of polish so I wasn't expecting perfection but this is unusable)

Can anyone recreate this and see if you get the same results?

I've been following this problem for a while, and at first people thought it was OIS, then DJI said it was due to the larger phones being slightly too heavy, but now I'm fairly convinced it's purely software on DJIs part - a huge relief really because it should be an easy software fix for DJI - but annoying in the mean time as I'm planning on taking this with me for making of, and our shoot location doesn't have internet or phone signal to update app.  Of course I can use the stock app to prevent wobble but then no active track etc. not best pleased.

So to summarise If youre like me and brougt osmo mobile and iPhone 7 then got nervous because of this problem, the good news is that the stock app appears to solve the problem, indicating that it is software, hence fixable in a future update.
2016-9-23
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

C1y4wovzjZqp Posted at 2016-9-24 06:26
Youre right! I used the stock app and the little wobbles usually most visible on hard edges disapp ...

To be honest I did not spent a lot of time on the HD part of the video since HD nowadays is irrelevant for me as I only publish 4K content. Also I only have an iPhone 6splus.

Also, I suspect that this video was not using the DJI App when showing 4K output , quite dishonest.

1. No drop frame
2. You can see the IS kick-in the same way as when you use the default app. See on the video I made you can see the IS in action at the end.

Anyway, this had to be known from DJI from day one, they did not expected that people will use 4K just yet.
2016-9-23
Use props
Mr Lupin
New

Russia

The problem is that with this part apps you cannot use buttons to trigger the shutter or video and cannot take advantage of the tracking
2016-9-24
Use props
jeromeharris00
New
Flight distance : 112575 ft
United States

i used the iphone 6 plus when i first received my osmo mobile and i did not experience any shaky effects. however i just received my ipnone 7 plus and right off the bat if you pan to quickly it drops frame. However with regards to the walking and bobbing effect, since the osmo does not have a 4th axis, use the extension stick to extend the osmo further away from your body and that will reduce the bobbing. Lock the pan and enjoy..
2016-9-24
Use props
loganboyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr Lupin Posted at 2016-9-24 09:14
The problem is that with this part apps you cannot use buttons to trigger the shutter or video and c ...

I'm using Filmic pro and the Record button on the Osmo Mobile works just fine to start and stop the recording. Also, you can disable OIS image stabilisation and choose between either the 28mm or 56mm cameras on the iPhone 7 Plus with Filmic Pro.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

loganboyd Posted at 2016-10-10 23:58
I'm using Filmic pro and the Record button on the Osmo Mobile works just fine to start and stop th ...

Good to hear.
2016-10-10
Use props
di1337
New

United States

jeromeharris00 Posted at 2016-9-25 00:54
i used the iphone 6 plus when i first received my osmo mobile and i did not experience any shaky eff ...

How do you lock the pan?
2016-10-10
Use props
andy.ch1
lvl.1

Switzerland

As long as DJI doesn't finally get their messed up DJI-GO app sorted out, this product is useless. You can't even get the recorded material out of the app without following a complicated file by file process. Although this issue did not exist in the past (prior v3.0), DJI is not showing any interest at all to get this resolved. Since years I WAS a fan of DJI, now I am not prepared to be a mere stupid customer that purchases highly promoted products just to be treated like Sh... by their after-sales.
2016-10-29
Use props
Quiruio
New

Canada

I

How about the quality of the video? I recently moved from Galaxy S5 to iPhone 7, so i am quite concerned about the video quality.
2016-11-1
Use props
H3EEzHKnbSN6
New
  • >>>
Brazil

Osmo mobile does not support iphone 7 plus, gimbal engine in outdoor situation (little bit of wind) couldn't balance smartphone and now I believe there is a permanent malfunction. Bought equipment at nyc dji store and haven't receive any alert although I was buying gear to use it with iphone 7 plus. It's a shame.
2016-11-5
Use props
H3EEzHKnbSN6
New
  • >>>
Brazil

And I completely agree with andy about after sales, I was planning to buy a mavic and other gear from DJI and I change my mind.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans8af42967
lvl.1

H3EEzHKnbSN6 Posted at 2016-11-5 18:06
Osmo mobile does not support iphone 7 plus, gimbal engine in outdoor situation (little bit of wind)  ...

This is a statement I'd like to hear from DJI officially.
2016-11-6
Use props
JOS4ME
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I am disappointed that such a great drone makers called DJI have developed a system which can not go along the technology.  I have tried Iphone 7 with Osmo mobile and it doesn't work properly. Neither on Filmic pro it does.   DJI could you tell when are you going to fix this for us ?
2016-11-7
Use props
JOS4ME
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI product looks fancy but practically its not..  It doesn't support 60FPS recording that itself will make the footage look bad and choppy
2016-11-7
Use props
JOS4ME
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Quiruio Posted at 2016-11-2 07:41
How about the quality of the video?

Quality of the video shot using DJI app in OSMO Mobile is obviously very Poor compared to your phone camera (shooting in 60FPS).  DJI app doesn't support 60FPS recording as of now.   NO idea and update when are they going to release it.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

JOS4ME@GMAIL.CO Posted at 2016-11-8 02:43
I am disappointed that such a great drone makers called DJI have developed a system which can not go ...

What do you mean" not working properly"?  If you mean the shakiness or optical image stabilization conflict, just walk more gentle, the video will be better
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

H3EEzHKnbSN6 Posted at 2016-11-5 05:06
Osmo mobile does not support iphone 7 plus, gimbal engine in outdoor situation (little bit of wind)  ...

It should be able to balance the phone, if yours can't, please exchange for another Osmo mobile. Thank you
2016-11-9
Use props
fansdc048b72
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-9 10:21
It should be able to balance the phone, if yours can't, please exchange for another Osmo mobile. T ...

Dear Thor. Please stop bullshitting us and see to it that your company gets this piece of software sorted out. DJI-GO is strongly scratching on the reputation of DJI, and your written commitments to fix issues don't help, particularly because you simply ignore it in upcoming releases (e.g. getting photo/video material out of the app). I am extremely disappointed and frustrated by DJI.
Kind regards, Andy
2016-11-9
Use props
jostinroshan
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-9 13:13
What do you mean" not working properly"?  If you mean the shakiness or optical image stabilization  ...

Thor, I am not too sure if you have really tried using IPHONE 7 on OSMO Mobile or Just writing replies based on what is written in your manual.   I don't think none in this group are using a gimbal for the 1st time.  so I .   I have enough experience using Gimbal, Steadicams etc.  I know exact trick of using gimbal and also ninja walk to get smooth footages. Ever since I have started using Osmo mobile, the worst part I have experienced is, though the footage is stable, you still get jittery/ bobbling effects on the screen.  
I had earlier used a different brand gimbal and that worked fantastic with my iphone. But not OSmo mobile.   
I personally feel, you must try using it. take some shots in a day light and then write back here with your open opinion and suggestions.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jostinroshan Posted at 2016-11-24 18:37
Thor, I am not too sure if you have really tried using IPHONE 7 on OSMO Mobile or Just writing rep ...

Yes, I did try iPhone 7 and 7P on Osmo Mobile, and they work well. I can't tell any obvious shakiness in the video.

Then I realized that people seem to experience different degrees of issues, while some are minimal(in my case), some are more severe.

What I said was response from R&D and is DJI's official standing: it's not a product defect, and customers should ninja-walk to have good videos.
2016-11-24
Use props
icode
lvl.1

United States

Using ProCam app could solve the issue of OIS wobbling.

In ProCam app, there is a mode called 4K Max which shoots in higher resolution (4032x2268) than 4K. This is different than disabling image stabilization in Filmic Pro, which only disables software stabilization.

ProCam's 4K Max mode does not use OIS at all, and it should work well with DJI Mobile.

Can anyone try it and post their results and video?
2016-12-3
Use props
LIPEFILMES
lvl.1
Brazil

Good Morning!  I bought my Osmo Mobile and used it with my Iphone 6. It always worked very well. Recently I bought an iphone 7 plus, and with a little bit of fear I went to test at Osmo.  Record using a wide lens, the filmic pro and edito no imovie.  Follow the result of the video, I did not notice much difference of the result that I had with the iphone 6. So far I liked the result.  Video Link: [url=Good Morning!  I bought my Osmo Mobile and used it with my Iphone 6. It always worked very well. Recently I bought an iphone 7 plus, and with a little bit of fear I went to test at Osmo.  Record using a wide lens, the filmic pro and edito no imovie.  Follow the result of the video, I did not notice much difference of the result that I had with the iphone 6. So far I liked the result.  Video Link:
2016-12-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules