Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone 7 + Osmo Mobile + External Mic
12425 17 2016-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forwardtodevnul
New

With a 4-pole splitter, an external mic works just fine with iPhone 7 and Osmo Mobile. I made a quick test video/review. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/4mgj-RtI1SA
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for sharing. I'm still not sure where did you plug the mic though, did you have a separate sound track?
2016-9-19
Use props
MuchMitchies
lvl.1

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-19 17:39
Thanks for sharing. I'm still not sure where did you plug the mic though, did you have a separate so ...

Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

How does the roll motor feel after a few minutes. If you power off the Osmo and your phone drops hard to the side, it's going to eventually damage the motor.
The phone needs to be balanced correctly for the gimbal to work properly and also longevity usage of the motors.
2016-9-19
Use props
KelNishi
New

United States

With the Osmo arm extended like I have in the video, the gimbal is neutral balanced. When you turn off the power or set it to sleep mode the iPhone stays level with the horizon. I would expect that it uses minimal power this way.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MuchMitchies Posted at 2016-9-19 13:28
Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter.

OK, it checked his reply in the Youbue, it seems he balances fine with this setting and starts the gimbal.
2016-9-19
Use props
KelNishi
New

Here's a video response to your questions:

2016-9-19
Use props
PauloLeyton
New
Chile

woow that´s the solution I was looking for...Thank you.  Now I can ad external audio ... great work @forwartodevnul
2017-3-3
Use props
PauloLeyton
New
Chile

I don´t agree with the idea of using the osmo pro with external audio only.

Osmo mobile is the best tool for live streaming on facebook, twitter, periscope or just made a interview very quick.
We need a decent audio solution for that. could be a trrs to apple conection with the audio output downside and a extra weight to balance the gimbal to use with the iphone 7.
That will be perfect Hope Dji could take that seriously
2017-3-3
Use props
PauloLeyton
New
Chile

Something like that could be the solution for External Audio.
2017-3-3
Use props
PauloLeyton
New
Chile

this will be the ultimate solution, really perfect ...
2017-3-3
Use props
mirekti
lvl.1
United States

PauloLeyton Posted at 2017-3-3 10:27
[view_image] this will be the ultimate solution, really perfect ...

Still too big, I think. I'd rather see a right angle male to female lightning extension. This way one could choose and use lightning to audio or simply add a mic with lightning port.
Lightning.jpg
2017-11-13
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Using MoviePro rather than DJI Go, and my AirPods over BT. No sync problems, and clear sound. Found one of the VBloggers using it, and tried it as we are doing simple instructional videos, but I hate wires.
2017-12-16
Use props
logiteckss
New

France

PauloLeyton Posted at 2017-3-3 10:27
[view_image] this will be the ultimate solution, really perfect ...

Hi PauloLeyton !

Please tell me, where did you find this lightning adaptator ? This is exactly what I'm looking for, and your picture is the only one i've found on the net ^^

Thanks a lot !

Antoine
2018-1-5
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Posted picture had the following text:  2-in-1-lightning-port-adapter-for-iphone-7-and-7-plus-small-and-convenient-lightning-port-to-3-5-mm-headphone-charger-adapter-charging-wire

I used this as searchstring on Google and found following link:

https://www.amazon.com/lightning ... rging/dp/B01M5E5QTN

*** Please beware that this is only for listening  to music while charging your phone. The headphones can't be used to  answer phone calls and change the volume.

Seems not suitable for connecting microphone... but I can be wrong...

2018-1-5
Use props
HKJunkie
lvl.1

United States

The best solution is for Apple to move the stupid lightining port so that it isn't opposite and middle of the phone,  from the camera lenses.
2018-1-12
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Fooey, I was hoping this would work for me, but I have the 8+.  I don't want to use a counter balance to offset the weight, so I guess I'll just have to live without an external mic.
2018-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now