Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Device Positioning Error
10355 18 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
decca1o
New

United States

I received my Osmo Mobile yesterday. I charged it, balanced the phone, opened the app, and powered on the Osmo and received a message stating: Device Positioning Error. Turn off device and reposition as indicated. Eventually, I removed my Spigen (minimal style) case and everything worked as expected. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Can you only use this without a case? Thanks for your help.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's made to use without a case.
2016-9-22
Use props
fans101d237b
New

Russia

Device positioning error. Turn off device and reposition as indicated.
Very strange.
I turn the OSMO MOBILE, motors running.
After 5-8 seconds, the motors are switched off and appears «Device positioning error. Turn off device and reposition as indicated.».
I do what is shown in the program. The OSMO MOBILE is just as well stay in the phone mode, and search engines do not work. The program DJI see OSMO MOBILE as connect.
What could it be?
How to return to life the OSMO MOBILE?
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

this error message shows up when the gimbal is overloaded in a certain way, so the system thinks it's because you didn't position your phone correctly.

If you did but the error message still pops up, the unit has some issue and needs to be sent back.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans101d237b Posted at 2016-11-9 22:19
Device positioning error. Turn off device and reposition as indicated.
Very strange.
I turn the OS ...

What phone are you using?
2016-11-9
Use props
M3LELENA
New

Madagascar

same here galaxy  with galaxy S7 edge!!!!
2016-12-22
Use props
fansfa198d8f
New

Indonesia

I got the same problem. My device is Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I just realized that when i used motion timelapse mode dji go app shows the notification device positioning error please turn off the device and reposition as indicated. But, the timelapse continue smoothly with or without clicking ok. Anyone has any idea is this because of the software or there is a problem with my dji osmo mobile?
2017-1-17
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

Hello Guys,

Few days ago I received my Osmo Mobile.
Yesterday I tried a motion timelaps with my Galaxy S7 Edge and appears the same message: Device positioning error, turn off device and reposition as indicated.
Moreover the motors were not hot or even warm.
P.s: The gimbal was fully balanced!!!!!

Please help me to solve this issue.

In the rest modes the gimbal works fine!
2017-2-13
Use props
motard
First Officer
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same here.
2017-4-23
Use props
CaloyJuapo
New
Philippines

Same for me! Gimbal works fine and is stabilized, but the error-message shows up during motion-lapse. Tho motors are not even warm,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
2017-6-4
Use props
Stuge(original)
New
India

I got Osmo mobile yesterday and  using the device with One plus 5 black version  .I get this Device Positioning Error while making time motion though osmo app... time lapse is completed and same is saved ,but this error irks as to why it is happening in the first place .

I haven't seen this error while creating videos or panos as of now .

Please help .
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Stuge(original) Posted at 2017-10-13 06:30
I got Osmo mobile yesterday and  using the device with One plus 5 black version  .I get this Device Positioning Error while making time motion though osmo app... time lapse is completed and same is saved ,but this error irks as to why it is happening in the first place .

I haven't seen this error while creating videos or panos as of now .

In an earlier response, DJI Thor wrote, "this error message shows up when the gimbal is overloaded in a certain way, so the system thinks it's because you didn't position your phone correctly.

If you did but the error message still pops up, the unit has some issue and needs to be sent back."

Please consider this point as well as an updates of firmware to see if this helps. Reinstall the App too as this may be an issue on that end.
2017-10-13
Use props
Stuge(original)
New
India

Thanks for the reply Mark ,
Current firmware version of the device I have is 1.6.0.80...I believe this is the latest firmware ?

2017-10-13
Use props
Stuge(original)
New
India

Is it possible to reflash  firmware again ? Else ,I will send this one for replacement .
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stuge(original) Posted at 2017-10-13 12:14
Is it possible to reflash  firmware again ? Else ,I will send this one for replacement .

Yes, it is the latest version and cannot be flashed.
Please help us to confirm does this error recurrences? Did you balance the gimbal before switching on?
2017-10-14
Use props
Stuge(original)
New
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-14 20:17
Yes, it is the latest version and cannot be flashed.
Please help us to confirm does this error recurrences? Did you balance the gimbal before switching on?

I got the  replacement in exchange of that unit .This new unit gives this error once in a while .I usually don't do much so as to let the timelapse finish .

Yes ,I always make sure that  gimbal  is balanced before switching on .
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stuge(original) Posted at 2017-10-20 08:40
I got the  replacement in exchange of that unit .This new unit gives this error once in a while .I usually don't do much so as to let the timelapse finish .

Yes ,I always make sure that  gimbal  is balanced before switching on .

I'm sorry for the late response because of holiday.
Does the error message only display in Time lapse?
Have yo tried other mobile device?
2017-10-28
Use props
fans22b56d59
New
Myanmar

I already have same problem. How can i do.
2018-12-23
Use props
fansf5efb80b
New
Sweden

Hi,
I have a similar issue, I got my Osmo Mobile 2017 and havent been using it for a while. I got a new phone, a iPhone 12 Pro Max and got Device positioning error as well as sudden turn offs, when trying to auto calibrate it acts kind of crazy, it starts the procedure but suddenly it tilts the phone in the wrong direction and stops the calibrating procedure and the error message of Device positioning... turns up. I updated the firmwarre today so it is the latest version.
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules