Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 + Zenmuse X5R HARD VIBRATIONS
3507 14 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew Efimov
lvl.1

Russia

Hi everyboody!

A week ago we've bought and mounted Zenmuse X5R on our Matrice 600 with A3 pro.
But our disappointment were borderless.

Some of this you can see on the link below:

We've already changed dampers (first we mounted one which was in the box with mount adapter (x5/r to m600) and then we mounted one which was in the box with camera), but situation has not been improved radically.

So we are very dissapointed huge part of footages are damaged. And we have no ideas what to do next.

Has anyone already mounted Zenmuse x5/r cameras on their Matrice 600?

Thank you beforehand for any advices.

Andrew

2016-9-21
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I had a similar problem and I found that putting solid foam earplugs in the dampers made a good difference, I also moved the camera back to the middle of the craft closer to the c0g. mine was worse when pointed directly down and when starting a yaw move. I suspect they designed the craft to carry larger heaver cameras. I noticed the wobble was not so pronounced when you were still so it looks like the mounts are to soft.
I even put a tie-rap through the damper holes and pulled tight to do a test and it improved.

r
2016-9-21
Use props
markboyt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4035026 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am also having problems with my GH4. Hope you find a fix.
2016-9-21
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes this was really bad vibrations. I have a X5 mounted on the M600 and I have not seen such vibrations. I have done no modifications and I have mounted the X5 in the front of the mounting rails. Really hope someone can help you with this.
2016-9-22
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi again,
Spent the day testing and found a few things that helped fix the video wobble.
I use the x5 with an Olympus 14-42 zoom and a dji 25g weight on the lens.  On the M600 with the lens cap removed the camera tilts down and to one side, the side with the gimbal pitch motor. I turned the m600 on and felt the motors and the yaw motor had a slight vibration when I physically moved the camera by hand so I set about statically balancing the camera. I have 25g lens weight, a 7g uva filter, so I found a bit of stainless plate and bent it into a shape that fits beside the lens release button on the rear of the camera at the bottom whilst hanging from the M600. This did the pitch movement perfectly and then added a S/S ballbearing on the side arm (yaw). Its now statically balanced and the footage had no perceivable vibration/wobble untill zoomed in. I thought my day was done until I fitted the x5 to my osmo pro. I should say the camera always flopped upwards, the opposite of being hung under the M600.  To cut a convoluted story short, one of the side arms was bent down when viewed from under the M600 and bent up if on an osmo pro due to being mounted on top. unless you have both m600 and osmo you will only have to deal with balancing on one device, however if you wanted the best of both worlds a compromise is needed but I would go for a balance on the M600 for obvious reasons. I don't have a DJI lens so I am unaware of any balance issues however very simple to test with the M600 turned off and swinging in the breeze.   r bent arm.jpg
2016-9-22
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

hello,
Slight update to balancing the x5. When I did the initial balancing the gimbal was cold and when I used the gimbal on the osmo it warmed the motors and then the balance was out again, had to add more weight to counterbalance.  So if you play with the camera balance on any of the lenses think about warming the gimbal motors first using the go app, it will make a difference.

r
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you using the stock 15mm lens or a 3rd party lens? Have you checked your ribbon cable connections to the X mounting kit?
2016-9-22
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi Jamie,
I am using the recommended Olympus 14-42 ez lens with the dji 25g weight but added a UVA filter of 5g so counterbalance needed. As for the motors being warm to get a better balance, I put this down to tolerances of new materials so warming the area could reduce some stiction on the drive shaft, bearings, ect. the difference was 1g only. One thing I have discovered is the Olympus lens has a weight offset to the top or the bottom when horizontal connected to the camera and when hung from the M600 is statically balanced perfectly but wen connected to the osmo mounted on top the camera flops rearwards. I guess the designers can't take every situation in hand. Sorry to answer your question the connectors are in good condition and look to be correctly seated.

r
2016-9-23
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-9-21 16:12
Hi,
I had a similar problem and I found that putting solid foam earplugs in the dampers made a good  ...

I also did this. The DJI videos and instructions have you mounting the gimbal so that the sensor is far out in front of the CG. We moved our mount to the rear, so that the camera hangs closer to the center of the aircraft.
2016-9-23
Use props
piymamen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

HI.
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH M600 AND PULLING ZENMUSE X5 AM FLIGHT TO MANY HOURS OF GARBAGE BECAUSE OF THESE VIBRATIONS.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO MARKET A PRODUCT OUT OF SO BAD THAT DJI THIS CALIDAD.ESPERO doing everything possible to fix these problems.
IF SOMEBODY CAN EXPLAIN DJI is working on this ??
AS THE PHANTOM MAY 4 much more stable than the M600 ??
I'm REALLY ANGRY WITH A PRODUCT MATRIX 600.ES UNFINISHED.
PLEASE solve AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PROBLEM STR
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

piymamen@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-12 02:02
HI.
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH M600 AND PULLING ZENMUSE X5 AM FLIGHT TO MANY HOURS OF GARBAGE BECA ...

Are you using the stock 15mm lens or a different one? Did you notice after a hard landing or a firmware update? Have you checked your dampeners for any tears?
2016-10-11
Use props
Krankie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

markboyt@btconn Posted at 2016-9-21 16:33
I am also having problems with my GH4. Hope you find a fix.

Did you ever find a fix for the GH4?  If so could you let me know?  
2016-12-5
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-23 04:25
Just to clarify, are you using the stock 15mm lens or a 3rd party lens? Have you checked your ribbon cable connections to the X mounting kit?

Jamie

What lens does it matter ? Common dude... The M600 has huge design flaws and there are threads all over this forum about this vibration issue...  This is why DJI have brought out the new pro M600 pro and expect us to just spend another huge sum of money.
2016-12-5
Use props
mikes1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know if this will help or not but I'll offer anyway. I have not had any detectable issues with vibration causing video problems on the M600 until I mounted an Olympus 45mm lens using the X5. I think getting all the gimbals to balance is very important with any lens greater than the 12mm or 15mm. I did a test 6 months ago after mounting a new 25mm on an Inspire 1 Pro and could detect a small amount of jello in the video especially when sitting still. The gimbals were not well balanced so I corrected that issue and the video became stable, lesson learned. The 25mm is my favorite lens. If you are using a 45mm lens everything needs to be balanced because it will magnify any imbalance you have. I went out to the local airport a few weeks ago and was testing the 45mm. When I got home and viewed the footage I was not happy. Bad shaky video that was unusable. Luckily I just happen to have a new Garmin Vird 30 mounted on the bottom rear plate pointing forward at the X5. Sure enough you can see the X5 dancing like crazy which explained the bad video. The camera wasn't moving all the time and seemed to have a rhythm or a resonance to it, kind of hard to explain. I thought about what could be causing the issue because I already had 40+ hours on the bird with no issues, at least any that I could detect, and several hours with the 45mm. I started looking at my props for damage, something that could cause an out of balance situation but found none. The one thing I did notice, there were several props on different arms that seemed very tight. Don't know why or what could have caused this, maybe dust or a change in humidity and temperature that day. There is no way to adjust or measure how tight the screws are and you can’t use a torque wrench so this is what I did and it seemed to work. I point the arms straight down in their storage position first. Then unfold the props parallel to the floor. Release the props and observe what they do. I loosened them just enough to allow them to fall slowly at the same time. Seems like this is a good way to match them together. I know it’s not scientific but it seemed like it could work. Bottom line is that it did work. I do not have any more problems. I think that I had one or more props on different arms that had become tight and could not completely extend. If this happens, especially on different arms, I could see why there was intermittent vibrations. This could be why some people have been flying for many hours without issues and then suddenly one day, as I did, the issues begin. I didn't try this but you could mix up the props and reinstall to see if the vibrations change. You need to be careful using this method for obvious reasons. Of course you could buy or borrow a high end scale and weigh each prop. I tried taking the prop hubs off the motors and balancing the hub and props together but I'm not convinced that will work becasue you need to be able to perfectly extend the props before balancing. I hope this can help someone.     
2016-12-5
Use props
dkefferjmt.com
lvl.1
United States

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/I had wavy video more times then not, which I was sure it was vibration.  I hovered the M600 overhead and touched various gimbal components and wow vibration on the aluminum diagonal arms was intense.  I first tried to isolate the carbon fiber plate with foam, not much difference.  Then I removed the arms, drilled holes in the carbon fiber plate, which is very strong and machinable,  to accept the hanging rubber isolators and the test flight was smooth as silk and steady as my Mavic 2 Pro.  amazing.  I think the arms were acting as vibration amplifiers since they were rigidly attached to the carbon plate.  The only thing is the camera now hangs three inches higher, but who cares - my camera is looking down past horizontal anyway.  REMOVE THE DIAGIONAL ARMS AND GET WAVY FREE VIDEO![/img]
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules