Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile App for Windows Phone 8?
5695 24 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I've got a Nokia Lumia 1020 mobile phone, that runs with Windows Phone 8. I bought it, because it has the best camera on the market (Carl Zeiss optic with 41 megapixel). I'm pretty sure that Osmo Mobile gimbal will work with it. Of course I cannot expect that it can work with active tracking and some other options. The question is: Does anybody know if Dji is planning to write a software (app) for Windows phone 8?

2016-9-22
Use props
apkhou
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

Dont think that will ever happen.
2016-9-22
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

apkhou Posted at 2016-9-23 06:02
Dont think that will ever happen.

That's a pity... Because the phone is predestinated for making professional-like videos. Most of the owners bought it because of the camera.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Pablito Posted at 2016-9-23 14:55
That's a pity... Because the phone is predestinated for making professional-like videos. Most of t ...

It won't happen because it makes zero sense from revenue-cost point of view.

Blame it on Microsoft.
2016-9-23
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-23 11:35
It won't happen because it makes zero sense from revenue-cost point of view.

It's not Microsoft that must write the app. The app always comes from the maker of the device - that's DJI.
2016-9-25
Use props
Sky-way
lvl.1

United States

Pablito Posted at 2016-9-25 09:24
It's not Microsoft that must write the app. The app always comes from the maker of the device - th ...

He meant blame it on Microsoft for making a phone that no one wants to buy.  I own a lumia 950, so I'm in the same boat.  I've resorted to using my ipad mini with my Osmo.
2016-9-25
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Sky-way Posted at 2016-9-25 17:02
He meant blame it on Microsoft for making a phone that no one wants to buy.  I own a lumia 950, so ...

Most of the owners of the Lumia 1020 bought it because of the superb camera, and I use it only for that too. What is wrong with the Lumia? I don't have any problem with it...

Today I got my Osmo Mobile. The Lumia phone connects itself with the gimbal, but I don't have the possibility to see if it connects itself with the phone too. So, at the moment, i cannot use it. But in a video was told it would work. But how??? Does anybody have an idea here? Do I really need an app?
2016-9-28
Use props
b0GKGsJKehys
lvl.3
Flight distance : 731591 ft
Germany

I have a Lumia 950 XL with a very good camera inside and the same problem. I got my Osmo Mobile today and I was confused that I am not able to use my Windows 10 phone on this gimbal. I has expected that I can use it as a normal gimbal without the app ... only for stabilization ... not with all the special functions (tracking and so on) .... it is really a shame that DJI not support windows phones.
2016-9-28
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

b0GKGsJKehys Posted at 2016-9-28 19:50
I have a Lumia 950 XL with a very good camera inside and the same problem. I got my Osmo Mobile toda ...

So what do we do now? Sell the device? Buy an iPhone or Galaxy? Wait for a wonder?
The best would be to look for more users with a Windows phone and pay a software developer to make an app for us!
2016-9-28
Use props
Obicom
lvl.3
Germany

Maybe DJI could include a "autonome" mode in a new firmware so that we could use any phone without the DJI app ... only stabilizing ... for example "Press Photo and Rec Button together to start autonome mode ..." and "click five time shutter button to start auto calibration" ... this would bring us a interim solution.
2016-9-28
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Obicom Posted at 2016-9-28 22:55
Maybe DJI could include a "autonome" mode in a new firmware so that we could use any phone without t ...

Would be nice.... But what will you do now?
2016-9-28
Use props
Obicom
lvl.3
Germany

I guess we could only say "please, please, please ...." to DJI to reconsider there Windows 10 Phone app strategy ....
From my point of view the Lumia series are one with the best cameras inside and with the new pricing a really interesting device.
A lot cheaper then a iPhone 7 or Samsung S7 or Note 7 ... with a very powerful engine under the  hood ....
4K mode, 60fps, good videos under poor light conditions ... a perfect "partner" for Osmo Mobile ...
2016-9-28
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Obicom Posted at 2016-9-28 23:54
I guess we could only say "please, please, please ...." to DJI to reconsider there Windows 10 Phone  ...

The 1020 has got the very best cam on the market (41 megapixel-sensor!), but there is no follower. The phone does not run with Windows phone 10. It runs with version 8, and the phone does not need version 10. No problems with 8!. So, we need a solution for Windows phone 8 and Windows phone 10.

I can not buy another phone now to use the gimbal. So I'm thinking to give it back und buy a new one, if Windows phone will be supported one day....
2016-9-28
Use props
zoti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

You can use the Osmo just as a stabilizer. The record and photo buttons wont work but everything else will. You will simply have to record using the phone controls.
2016-9-28
Use props
Obicom
lvl.3
Germany

Thank you for the advice zoti. My first try was failed (do not know why, maybe regarding the phone sensor). Afterwards I was able to use the Osmo Mobil with Basic functions with my Lumia 950. That was what I expected and now I am happy to could use both of my phones (Android with full functionality and Windows Phone with Basic funtionality). But never the less it would be a big wish from my side that DJI would develope also for Windows phones the DJI Go app to get the full funtions on this. From my Point of view it would be a perfect match ....
2016-9-29
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

What do you do to start the stabilisation? When I start a video on my phone, the gimbal does not react. On the phone, Bluetooth says it is connected. But I don't know, if the gimbal does the same.
The main question is: What makes the gimbal work? No idea.... No help from the manual....
2016-9-29
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

zoti Posted at 2016-9-29 00:47
You can use the Osmo just as a stabilizer. The record and photo buttons wont work but everything els ...

Does it work just with Windows Phone 10, or with Windows Phone 8 too?
2016-9-29
Use props
Obicom
lvl.3
Germany

This is independent from phone .... you could also build a GoPro holder without BT connection or software. In my case the trick was to cover the phone sensor. I balance the phone of the Osmo mobile and turn it on. Osmo Mobile starts balancing the phone.
2016-9-29
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Obicom Posted at 2016-9-29 18:51
This is independent from phone .... you could also build a GoPro holder without BT connection or sof ...

Ich versuch's mal auf Deutsch:
Wie startest Du die Funktion des Osmo Mobile? Ich schiebe den kleinen Hebel auf der rechten Seite nach unten und halte ihn dort einige Sekunden. Das linke Lämpchen leuchtet gelbgrün, und das rechte blinkt. Dann erlischt das linke und das rechte leuchtet permanent grün. So ist das Gerät meines Wissens eingeschaltet. Aber was dann? Ich schalte das Lumia ein, dann starte ich die Videoaufnahme, aber der Gimbal tut nichts. Mache ich was falsch? Ich habe den Sensor (kleines quadrat. Fenster in der Mitte) mit schwarzem Isolierband abgeklebt wie empfohlen, aber keine Änderung.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Pablito Posted at 2016-9-29 21:51
What do you do to start the stabilisation? When I start a video on my phone, the gimbal does not rea ...

Hi, the gimbal should work, you don't need to connect it to DJI Go to work. Is the back of the phone black color? That might make the gimbal doesn't detect the phone. Try put a tape over the light detector in the gimbal and it should work then
2016-9-29
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-30 06:28
Hi, the gimbal should work, you don't need to connect it to DJI Go to work. Is the back of the pho ...

Yes,  the back of my phone is black and matt. I put a black tape on the sensor too. But I don't understand for what! I don't understand the system at all. This is Beta! Not ready to use....
What does the sensor react on? No idea... I changed it to a white tape - no change. It does not work!!!
2016-9-30
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

Pablito Posted at 2016-9-30 10:03
Yes,  the back of my phone is black and matt. I put a black tape on the sensor too. But I don't und ...

I just had a call with Dji in Germany and they found out, that you FIRST have to activate the Osmo Mobile with an Android or IOS Phone. After that procedure you can use it with anything to put on it, even a piece of wood. It does not matter what you put onto it. It will stabilize...
As I don't have another mobile phone, I must go to a shop that sells such und ask them to download the "Dji Go app" and activate my gimbal. I'll be back here, when it's done and tell you....
2016-9-30
Use props
Pablito
lvl.1

Germany

I just bought another Smart Phone (Android 6) and could download the Dji app. To activate the Osmo Mobile took hours! After that I could connect with my Lumia 1020, what was even more complicated. I don't like the App at all: Don't understand all the strange expressions and icons. All just in English.... That would take too much time to learn that all. I will just work with the built-in cam when I use the LG G5 (Android 6).
So: If the Osmo Mobile once is activated with a IOS (iPhone 5 or higher) or a Android (forgot the version), you can use the Osmo Mobile with everything that fits, even a piece of wood will be stabilized. )
2016-10-13
Use props
jim380
lvl.1
United States

Pablito Posted at 2016-10-13 13:14
I just bought another Smart Phone (Android 6) and could download the Dji app. To activate the Osmo Mobile took hours! After that I could connect with my Lumia 1020, what was even more complicated. I don't like the App at all: Don't understand all the strange expressions and icons. All just in English....  That would take too much time to learn that all. I will just work with the built-in cam when I use the LG G5 (Android 6).
So: If the Osmo Mobile once is activated with a IOS (iPhone 5 or higher) or a Android (forgot the version), you can use the Osmo Mobile with everything that fits, even a piece of wood will be stabilized. )

Hi, quick question, can the Lumia 1020 be fitted into the gimbal without the camera button (or any buttons really) being pressed down? I am thinking about getting a DJI OSMO Mobile but worried about it not being able to fit the phone correctly. Thank you.
2017-3-18
Use props
GilmarP
lvl.1
France

Its a pity, I have a Lumia 930 and an iPhone 7. The Lumia 930 camera beats the hell out of the crappy iPhone7 camera and It would be awesome to use Osmo Mobile with my Lumia.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules