Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji OSMO Mobile : Not 4K Ready yet. With Video
4187 10 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Like a lot of people here I have been really disapointed to see that DJI has, again, released a product not fully tested : the DJI Osmo Mobile.

On the video below you will see 2 things

1. When shooting in 4K with the DJI App, you will get shutters/jerks or whatever you call it. While when shooting with Apple Default App and or 3rd parties ones like FiLMiC Pro videos are shutter free.
2. Video shot in 4K with the DJI App are also of lesser quality than the ones shot with the Apple Default one. The DJI App seems to further compress the video with many artifacrts showing in the blacks and on the video in general than when shooting with the Apple Default one.

Bottom line. As for today if you want to shoot in 4K with an iPhone (not tested on Android) you should NOT use the DJI App, but go with Apple default App. For the time being I will keep on using my GoPro Hero4 Black with a G4S or my CameTV-Single with my GH4 or GX85.

I really hope that DJI will fix this ASAP as this product is moselty useless with an iPhone when shooting in 4K.

2016-9-22
Use props
Alberto Pasian
lvl.3

Italy

Interesting feedback, thanks.
2016-9-23
Use props
bleyten
lvl.3

Wish I could comment on the 4k quality with Android but so far no 4k option for my Note 7. Honestly I favor the stock Samsung app over the DJI Go app in general anyway because it's much more feature rich. The biggest hindrance to using the stock app is that the shutter buttons on the handle won't work which is ridiculous because a cheap $20 selfie stick can trigger my shutter through Bluetooth so it's really sad that a $300 device doesn't offer the option. Really the only useful feature I've found useful on the DJI Go app is the Tripod Mode for timelapse but there's no manual camera settings so I haven't used it much anyway. The Active Track is good too but again, no manual settings.
2016-9-23
Use props
fafka08
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hey. I have the same problem with my dji osmo mobile. I hope this is a problem and its software will correct soon.
2016-9-23
Use props
maurymcc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37949 ft
United States

Same findings here. I posted this quick video in a couple of other threads:

2016-9-23
Use props
lukas3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

For Android it is even better. There is NO 4K option in resolution settings! NO KIDDING! I will turn this device back to the store if someone from DJI will not tell me it will be solved in near future. Capturing with DJI Go app is in lower quality than with built in cam app. But then - as bleyten already said - buttons on Osmo are NOT WORKING. What a joke for $300.
2016-9-23
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-23 23:31
For Android it is even better. There is NO 4K option in resolution settings! NO KIDDING! I will turn ...

4K is available in Android. However there are hundreds of different Android models so there is bound to be a whole stable of phones that will either get it in future releases or maybe never. I'm no fanboy, I think DJI are staffed by short sighted, under-trained monkeys however they have already disclosed that certain software options are not available for certain phones.

http://imgur.com/a/lCvKA
2016-9-25
Use props
sherif
New

I have a Note 5 and haven't been able to record in 4K with the DJI App also. Thinking of taking this back and getting the regular Osmo
2016-9-25
Use props
lukas3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Man, I am using flagship of Android - Samsung Galaxy S7. And not possible to shoot in 4K or 60p with Osmo Mobile? KIDDING? I will take that back to the store.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sherif Posted at 2016-9-25 15:23
I have a Note 5 and haven't been able to record in 4K with the DJI App also. Thinking of taking thi ...

It will be there shortly. Thank you.
2016-9-26
Use props
YKN.JS
lvl.1
United States

Well is it there yet? June 2017 -.-
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules