Un-Grounding my Inspire 1 V2 X3 but waiting FW Fix!!
3162 37 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, sorry for another thread talking about the same thing!  But, I am totally frustrated with the lack of response from DJI R&D team

I am done risking my aircraft!!  It is grounded until DJI has a fix released for us. Look at the video today showing the problem in detail. Hey DJI, if you want my data files I would be glad to share them with you

Rich
2016-9-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rich, your video is private, can't view it.
2016-9-25
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Don't hold your breath too long - They are too busy working on their 'Mavic' and 'OSMO Mobile' to pay much attention to existing customers.
This is exactly why I didn't update to 1.9.

Hopefully they get their act together and sort it out - too many people affected by this one.
2016-9-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-25 18:54
Rich, your video is private, can't view it.

try it again cougar, I think it is working correctly now

Rich
2016-9-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-9-25 19:58
Don't hold your breath too long - They are too busy working on their 'Mavic' and 'OSMO Mobile' to pa ...

Thanks farnk.... you are right, they are focusing on other things for sure.

I really hope they get the message this time.

Watch the video as to how bad this problem is on my Inspire 1.. and this is after downgrading to 1,81 AC 1.6RC

Rich
2016-9-25
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-26 11:03
Thanks farnk.... you are right, they are focusing on other things for sure.

I really hope they g ...

Yep, that's broken all right.

V1.9.1 dropped 7th July.
Being reasonable and accounting a month for the usual 'You're holding it wrong' responses, that leaves a month and a half expectation that some work might be happening. Time to see a result or at least a timeframe for same by now.

But then we've been here before, haven't we! Anyone remember the early Inspire days when each and every flight had a couple of minutes of TBE before the GPS lock was solid? I still have a few clips showing that.

I think that while DJI NA seemed to have largely settled their service capability, the systems QA issues out of Shenzen just haven't gone away. This is a platform that is largely settled in its technical configuration so it's not unreasonable to expect a level of functional quality in the execution of FW versions.

For me it's interesting in that for any new Inspire variant that may or may not arise, the basic functions of a previous model that is a couple of years old are still not finally sorted. Given these issues, would you purchase an Inspire 2 if it was available now?  

I wonder just how much change the introduction of the Z3 had on the firmware.
2016-9-25
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-26 11:00
try it again cougar, I think it is working correctly now

Rich

Tried again and now it works, that video is quite bad sorry Rich. What was the temperature? Sure you don't have an issue with the Inspire? Have seen this but only in new firmware and not on 1.8 firmware on the ac and 1.6 on the rc.
2016-9-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

When you rolled back to 1.8 on the AC  did it go away ?   When recording on the SD card the video is smooth correct ?  Just wondering If the camera itself is part of the problem.

I had inadvertently updated to 1.9 AC  and then back to 1.8 but some members say it is a change that once updated cannot  be undone .  I did compare the 1.8 log from the original  and saw no changes  between the two.  
I must admit that I sometimes have signal drop but not very often and not to the poiunt of freezing up fopr long periods of time .  I do accept some dropout if more than a mile away but within 2 - 3 thousand feet with good antenna practices this should  be near perfect.

I know you have more than likely tried everything but just wondering if you try to shut ( disable )  off the" Record"  function on the go app and also clear the Video  Cache .  This seems to work about 50% of the time and better luck with  androids.  Just give it a try or  let me know the result when you did give it a go .

Sorry for the troubles you are having Rich.

donnie

On a lighter not , I love that landing Pad- great Idea.  
2016-9-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-26 06:33
When you rolled back to 1.8 on the AC  did it go away ?   When recording on the SD card the video is ...

Hi Donnie

I rolled back awhile ago before I sent my Inspire back to the DJI shop in LA.  They provided me with a new camera / gimbal (brand new).  I flew near my house and it worked fine at first. Then it started dropping out again. Please note, that they replaced the camera because it was corrupting the SD card about 50% of the time.....  they did not replace the camera for the drop out issue.

I have upgraded everything up to 1.93 and it was worse. Downgraded again and have been experimenting with some different options. So far nothing has solved the issue completely.  I really cannot use the Inspire in the current shape (that's why it is grounded). I guess I should have gone into custom mode and played with other video channels but I kind of got mad and gave up for the day. Yes, I have turned off the internal record mode, no change.
DJI really needs to help us with this problem, it is taking way to long to fix.

I love the landing pad too.... Keeps the dirt and debris off the copter when the landing areas are bad.
Rich

2016-9-26
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9647812 ft
Hong Kong

After reviewing your video, I think your x3 is over heat and it is because of the x3 fan didn't turn on(some time the fan will jamed by the dirt. Check it on the ground before it is taking off.
2016-9-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

tcchow.g.m Posted at 2016-9-26 08:28
After reviewing your video, I think your x3 is over heat and it is because of the x3 fan didn't turn ...

tc
Thank you for your comment and suggestion. The camera is brand new and I have checked the tiny cooling fan on the camera before. So I just turned on the Inspire one and looked at the fan and it is running perfectly. You can blow on the fan manually and it turns with ease.

I feel the FW for the camera could be the culprit, or something that DJI changed recently. I updated the FW when it first came out with 1.91 then downgraded it later. I think 1.81 is better but whatever the FW broke... does not fix with the downgrade.   I wish that someone for DJI would comment!

Ken, Jamie ..... please help.

Rich
2016-9-26
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

I hope they come out with a fix soon. My X5 started doing this after the upgrade to 1.9 and the symptoms got really bad 1/2 way through a job!

I managed to get the shots I needed (just), but it was beyond frustrating!

I'm back on 1.8 now and it seems to be holding up...
2016-9-26
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Richard,

Just want to help you diagnosing the problem from the ground up.
1. Have you tried flying your Inspire 1 without the SD card inside the X3?

2. Have you tried flying your Inspire 1 with a different SD card inside the X3?

3. In your previous swapping of your previous X3 to another Inspire 1, you drew the conclusion that your previous X3 was defective, causing corruption to your SD card, and hence returned that X3 to DJI, right? Did you tried your friend's X3 with your Inspire 1 back then? What did you experience with respect to the video downlink?

4. Have you tried swapping the X3 that DJI replaced for you with your friend's X3 to ascertain if there is any difference in video downlink performance with the same Inspire 1 AC and RC of yours?

Henry
2016-9-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-27 07:48
Hi Richard,

Just want to help you diagnosing the problem from the ground up.

Hi Henry

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.
1> Yes, I have flown the Inspire without the SD card  (didn't change)
2> Also, tried 3 SD cards from U1-U3 speed
3> The X3 was defective based on the DJI shop in LA (repair center) they provided a brand new one and tested my Inspire 1 after the repairs were complete
4> Honestly no, I have not tried my friends X3 camera (he has been unavailable lately) but he told me that he was having some video drops on his Inspire 1 V1 also.

5> I have used 3 different cables to my iPad. I have used 2 iPads, mini 2 and mini 4 .
6> Apple tech reviewed all of my iPad log files for any errors, overheating shut down etc.  nothing was found wrong.

Rich

2016-9-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-9-27 00:58
I hope they come out with a fix soon. My X5 started doing this after the upgrade to 1.9 and the symp ...

MS

Thank you my friend, I know DJI is listening to us regarding the problem. But it sure seems to be taking forever to get this fixed!
Rich
2016-9-27
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 10:55
Hi Henry

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

Hi Richard,

I also experienced occasional video transmission losses with my I1pro with FW1.9.1.30 & RC with FW1.6 in the past few weeks, but were not as critical as you experienced. I thought that interference was the cause of the video transmission losses in my cases, but after reading through your case I start to wonder now if my losses in video transmission were due to FW issues.

Did DJI tech support team give any reply to you?

Henry

2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-9-27 02:58
I hope they come out with a fix soon. My X5 started doing this after the upgrade to 1.9 and the symp ...

Be sure to rollback the RC as well to 1.6. - Version 1.7 was supposed to only be a minor update for the VPS but I found it cleaned up my video transmission quite a bit.

1.6 and 1.7 on the RC is compatible with 1.8. on AC   Might have to re- link though.  

good luck

donnie
2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-27 21:56
MS

Thank you my friend, I know DJI is listening to us regarding the problem. But it sure seems to ...

Just wondering , did you roll back the RC to 1.6 as well ?

sorry you are having trouble .

donnie
2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-28 09:14
Just wondering , did you roll back the RC to 1.6 as well ?

sorry you are having trouble .

Yes Donnie, forward and back no change.

Saw your new post and commented on the information. Now we have like 9 different threads on this problem.

If you have read all of the posts (and there are many) you can really see the history of this situation since the 1.8 FW change. It only got worse with 1.9-1.93

Rich
2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-28 06:53
Hi Richard,

I also experienced occasional video transmission losses with my I1pro with FW1.9.1.30 ...

Hi Henry,

The DJI team has not commented for some time now. I feel like I have been talking to the wall.

I know they are busy with the new Mavic Pro launch
Rich
2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 11:40
Hi Henry,

The DJI team has not commented for some time now. I feel like I have been talking to th ...

Yes I think there focus is elsewhere for sure .  

donnie
2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-28 09:59
Yes I think there focus is elsewhere for sure .  

donnie

I reset the controller again today, recal'd, then used a new lightning cable.... downloaded the new iOS 10.02  still acting up

PS, I saw the red LED show up on my battery for a second at about 65% battery. Then it went back to flashing green (weird). I played with the 32 channels but really didn't have much battery left.
Rich
2016-9-28
Use props
outlaw
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 20:03
I reset the controller again today, recal'd, then used a new lightning cable.... downloaded the ne ...

Rich, I am having the same problems, and I'm using the z3 camera...   come on DJI!
2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2016-9-28 21:13
Rich, I am having the same problems, and I'm using the z3 camera...   come on DJI!

Try my suggestions, see if they may help .  I  am not sure why some have problems and others dont but at least look it over and give  some or all a try .  Maybe we can narrow it down.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid503820

donnie
2016-9-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2016-9-28 19:13

Hey outlaw
Sorry you are having trouble too.  Please see the list of work arounds that Donnie has put together from all our experience so far. Also, check your cable. I use the Cambond Apple MFi certified cord.
Link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Description:
Complete charge and sync compatibility with iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, 6 / 6 Plus / 5s / 5c / 5, iPad Air / Air 2, iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 3, iPad (4th generation), iPod nano (7th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).Support fast charge with max 2.4 amp charging capabilities from the 2.4A output USB port on wall chargers or car chargers.

edit: ( I might have a bad cable)
Rich
2016-9-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TB47 battery with 18 charge cycles
AC 1.81
RC 1.6
iOS 10.02
Go App 2.92
iPad mini 4 cell/Wi-Fi version 128gig
Inspire 1 V2 X3 with SanDisk extreme plus 32gig U3 HC1

new cable (original Apple cable) today and cooler temperatures 80*F,  first flight went about 8 min with hardly any drop outs. Then it started. So I parked into a hover and checked the HD signal and it was on channel 14 with the slider in the worse position. So I went to manual and put it on channel 10 with the best signal transmission. No more drop outs for the rest of the flight of 4mins.

The problem today seemed to be in the HD Auto mode changing to the worst possible transmission signal choice. I just happen to catch it when it happened. Changed to manual with a new channel and best signal choice then it cleared up again

Edit:::
just updated the new DJI Go App 3.0 but have not tried it yet.

IMG_7606.PNG IMG_7608.PNG IMG_7609.PNG

Rich
2016-9-29
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wait..is this good news
Are you saying Rich that it is looking like a simple channel selection thing? (surely a simple fix for DJI when they get to it.)
Ill have to test this out later today.
2016-9-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-29 20:14
TB47 battery with 18 charge cycles
AC 1.81
RC 1.6

I wonder Rich if you replaced the HDMI port on the back of the RC  Transmitter ?  This would cost you about a hundred bucks.  This could be the cause, you may be on the right track with the cable and the HDMI  Module.

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2016-9-30 17:47
wait..is this good news
Are you saying Rich that it is looking like a simple channel selection thing ...

I just flew an 13 minute flight today with the 2.92 Go App on my iPad mini 4 with new cable and video HD set in manual mode on channel 14 (in my area) cooler weather no drop outs at all.

So, I have the new Go App 3.0 loaded on my iPhone 7 and will try this tomorrow also. I see some issues being reported with the gimbal leveling feature missing etc. But I have not tried this yet.

Rich
2016-10-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-1 05:59
I wonder Rich if you replaced the HDMI port on the back of the RC  Transmitter ?  This would cost  ...

I know that I was grounding my Inspire 1, but they have been updating the Go App and some other things that I thought could help fix the issues.

I just flew an 13 minute flight today with the 2.92 Go App on my iPad mini 4 with new cable and video HD set in manual mode on channel 14 (in my area) cooler weather no drop outs at all.
So, I do not think this is a bad HDMI (USB) board on my remote. I will try my other slave radio tomorrow too (if I have time)

I want to try some more things with my iPhone 7 and the Go App 3.0 too  

I am thinking this could be something to do with the automatic video channel selection process? Do not know for sure. I wish some others could try this out and give us some feedback to DJI.

It still needs to be a FW fix or something to get everyone back in business!

Now that the summer hot weather is over, we may not know for sure  

Rich

2016-10-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I flew again today at 5,493 feet distance and at 400 feet 14 min flight. The video signal was at 5 bars the entire time.  I put the video HD back on automatic and had a few drops but pretty minor at that. I checked the video channel it selected in auto mode and it was on ch 20. It is funny that ch 20 was one of the weak channels of the group (not the worst one). I went into manual and picked ch 32 (much stronger overall ch) and it worked perfectly the rest of the flight.
I am still testing on DJI Go App 2.92 and did not have time to try another battery with version 3.0 on my iPhone 7.

Rich
2016-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-1 05:59
I wonder Rich if you replaced the HDMI port on the back of the RC  Transmitter ?  This would cost  ...

Flew today with my (new) replacement USB cable and this was at the river location. I did not have any____ drops for the entire flight of 11 minutes. I only had time to fly in manual mode ch 32 and I was all over the place with the aircraft.  At this point, I am un-grounding it but still hopeful of the new FW will solve most of the other issues out there.

I am very relieved that I can fly again and see the shots
Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-8 20:18
Flew today with my (new) replacement USB cable and this was at the river location. I did not have  ...

Brilliant , glad to hear it !

donnie
2016-10-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-9 04:55
Brilliant , glad to hear it !

donnie

Still might be related to the HD video Auto mode. I will try some more tests to see if this could be the issue. Once it was working again, I left everything alone and enjoyed flying again

Rich
2016-10-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A lot of us are waiting for the FW fixes, could someone from DJI please give us some news..

Thank you

Rich
2016-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2016-9-30 17:47
wait..is this good news
Are you saying Rich that it is looking like a simple channel selection thing ...

So far so good for me...  Have you had any luck using manual HD video streaming?

Please report back either way for others to know.

Thanks
Rich
2016-10-16
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yea I think this has made a big improvement. I wouldnt say Im 100% happy and will be flying with the x3 as default and only putting the Z3 onboard when i need it.
But, Im happy enough for the moment. Im sure that as soon as my Mavic arrives Ill be resting the inspire for a bit anyway :-)
2016-10-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2016-10-19 21:56
yea I think this has made a big improvement. I wouldnt say Im 100% happy and will be flying with the ...

Good to hear you are doing better. The FW fix is still needed to get the Inspire back to 100%.  Is the Z3 improved too with the HD video in manual mode?  I think other Z3 owners would like to know....

Looks like the Mavic will be delayed due to all of the orders. I just received an email saying production is in full swing and we will be notified of any changes.

Rich
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules