Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 problems with stills using the Panasonic 42.5 1.7 lens?
2626 26 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aledaw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,
i have problems with still images and the Panasonic 42.5 1.7 lens? I wont produce dng files that i can open. the files get corupt somehow?

42.jpg
2016-9-26
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

And same problem with the Panasonic 25mm F1.7
Same problem again. Video works fine but DNG dosen't at least not for Adobe camera RAW. PS & Lightroom

kind regards // Alex
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-9-29 03:53
And same problem with the Panasonic 25mm F1.7
Same problem again. Video works fine but DNG dosen't a ...

Just to clarify, this is what you could get from the DNG format or is this a JPEG? Could you happen to provide a direct file sample via a site like Dropbox?
2016-9-29
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-30 00:29
Just to clarify, this is what you could get from the DNG format or is this a JPEG? Could you happe ...

Hi Dji-Jamie, here is a link to my DNG RAW files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tzden ... TrB2O42EwFGaZa?dl=0

I have not tried JPG since I am only interested in RAW files as a professional photographer and always need to get the maximum data out of each file.

kind regards // Alex
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-9-30 16:42
Hi Dji-Jamie, here is a link to my DNG RAW files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tzdenxm1gy7ljra/AAA ...

It would be good to know whether the effect occurs in JPEG in order to do some troubleshooting. When you import files into Adobe, do they get processed via Adobe directly, Cinelight or the Camera Exporter? Just to clarify, this is only when you are taking stills and not when shooting RAW video, correct?
2016-9-30
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-30 19:21
It would be good to know whether the effect occurs in JPEG in order to do some troubleshooting. Wh ...

I tried with RAW + JPG setting now and JPG's come out perfectly normal. So the problem is in Adobes and Dji way of communicating in RAW (DNG) file.

There are two possible ways of explaining this.
1. There is no suport for the X5 (FC550) camera in Adobe camera RAW if you try to choose manual lens profiles in Adobe camera RAW.
But then that dosent make sense since all olympus lenses work fine...

2. it could also be related to the automatic lens profiles that are automatically attached to DNG file from the X5 and then int conflicts in Adobe camera RAW.

// Alex
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-1 02:42
I tried with RAW + JPG setting now and JPG's come out perfectly normal. So the problem is in Adobe ...

To clarify, how are you importing the X5R files onto your computer?
2016-9-30
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-30 22:32
To clarify, how are you importing the X5R files onto your computer?

I don't have the X5R just the X5.

I remove the memory card from the camera and put it into a SD card adapter that came with the memory card and then straight into my macbook pro where it's drag and drop like all other camera systems I use.

I am 100% certain that the transfer has nothing to do with this issue.

kind regards // Alex
2016-9-30
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

aledaw Posted at 2016-9-30 23:51

I remove the memory card from the camera and put it into a SD c ...

Any news, have you looked at the files yet?

kind regards // Alex
2016-10-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-3 09:43

kind regards // Alex

I'm unable to even open your files in Camera Raw. I'm getting a 'program error' that I don't remember ever seeing before. In the Preview app, it shows the  same distortion you're talking about in the two images I downloaded. I don't think there is much question that the files are corrupt. Have you tried using the DJI 15mm? I think that's the test that will confirm it's a camera related issue having nothing to do with the lens.

When I open a X5 DNG file of mine in Camera Raw it shows (at the bottom) that it's using the imbedded lens profile. I've never gotten it to show any of the Olympus lens I own. My guess is that imbedded data is somehow corrupt on your camera. The distortion appears as an extreme version of the normal lens profile correction. You should probably start by reloading the firmware on the X5. If you are like me and also own an Osmo, you might try placing the latest bin file from both Osmo and the Inspire on separate SD cards and seeing if an update begins in their respective  machines and/or check the text file on the card afterwards. Obviously I'm assuming you have the latest FW installed already.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-4 00:43

kind regards // Alex

So I've had the files run on a few different systems and I've found that it's not a camera issue. The DNG file looked fine on a Windows version of Lightroom and a stock DNG viewer. I tried it on a Mackbook that had stock programs on it, and it produced the same effect as what you're getting. Do you happen to have any other programs to view DNG files? Have you tried getting in contact with Adobe as well?
2016-10-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-3 14:09
So I've had the files run on a few different systems and I've found that it's not a camera issue.  ...

DJI-Jamie. Can you check if the Windows/Lightroom and the DNG viewer are accessing the included lens profile. May be helpful if the problem can be isolated to that profile and your tests could support or disprove that theory with that info.
2016-10-3
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-10-3 23:33
DJI-Jamie. Can you check if the Windows/Lightroom and the DNG viewer are accessing the included le ...

Hi,
Thank you fr looking into this!

its not my camera if you read my whole post. It works perfectly fine with all olympus and the Dji lens.
JPG come out fine and RAW therapee opens the file striped from automatic lens corrections and the it works.

I got an answer from Adobe now and it is a Dji issue where the "opcode list 3" is locked to read only and is not written as expected due to Dji not supporting the Panasonic lenses.

There are ways to strip the file from the opcode and exif but no success yet since list 3 is looked by Dji.
I will continue to try this.

kind regards // Alex
2016-10-3
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-3 23:09
So I've had the files run on a few different systems and I've found that it's not a camera issue.  ...

What version of Adobe camera RAW did you use on the windows machine?

I use 9.7.0.668 on a macbook pro with OSX 10.11.6

Please can you make Adobe ad the FC550 camera to the dji list in camera RAW its only the FC350 available there.

kind regards // Alex
2016-10-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-3 21:40
Why version of Adobe camera RAW did you use on the windows machine?

I use 9.7.0.668 on a macbook ...

The only thing I've ever found is a command line program that isn't exactly easy to use. If you comfortable in the terminal, you should be able to make it happen.

download here:
exiftool

Instructions here:
exiftool for dummies
2016-10-3
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-10-4 08:20
The only thing I've ever found is a command line program that isn't exactly easy to use. If you co ...

Thank you. I don't know Terminal so well but will see what I can come up with.

// Alex
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-10-4 05:33
DJI-Jamie. Can you check if the Windows/Lightroom and the DNG viewer are accessing the included le ...

We didn't apply a lens profile to the DNG file when we imported it. In one of the examples we ran through Lightroom, file 0319, the lens EXIF data does read as the LUMIX G 42.5 F1.7.
2016-10-4
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-4 19:36
We didn't apply a lens profile to the DNG file when we imported it. In one of the examples we ran  ...

Yes thats what so weird. one out of ten times when i take pictures the files will not get corrupted for some reason and the lens profile will show correctly in camera RAW. Why is it not consistent?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-5 01:48
Yes thats what so weird. one out of ten times when i take pictures the files will not get corrupte ...

Do you happen to have a different computer that you can try these files on?
2016-10-4
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-4 21:46
Do you happen to have a different computer that you can try these files on?

I have tried it on several mac's but no difference. But all are pretty much updated to latest software.

Did you get it to work on an mac? In that case what firmware then?
2016-10-4
Use props
aledaw
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

aledaw Posted at 2016-10-5 06:35
I have tried it on several mac's but no difference. But all are pretty much updated to latest soft ...

It is finally resolved trough a program for mac called opcode remover

Link: http://www.bitstorm.de/OPCODE_Remover.zip

Only use this program at your own risk and please do it on copys of the original files in case they get damaged.

It worked form me. Now I can use two great Panasonic lenses (optically better than similar Olympus lenses) and my new Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN ART

Now I'm a happy photographer!

kind regards // Alex
2016-10-5
Use props
Joevfx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1387474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Alex,

I'm battling the same issue! Great that you have found a solution... However, the link is dead... Do you still have the file and would you be able to share it?
2017-7-28
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have Oly 45mm lens in my small collection for X5 camera, but I'm not really impressed by image quality this lens is delivering. Poor sharpness and colour articulation are among the most obvious. Since I'm much more into video than stills, the RAW distortion issue you're talking about is of lesser significance to me. How this evidently better Panasonic lens cooperate with X5 body in terms of gimbal balancing?
2017-7-29
Use props
Alex Dawson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Joevfx Posted at 2017-7-28 02:40
Hi Alex,

I'm battling the same issue! Great that you have found a solution... However, the link is dead... Do you still have the file and would you be able to share it?

Hi, I don't have a link. try google it
2017-12-25
Use props
Alex Dawson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Tell me if you still need the program and maybe i can send it to you
2017-12-25
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-9-30 13:51

I remove the memory card from the camera and put it into a SD card adapter that came with the memory card and then straight into my macbook pro where it's drag and drop like all other camera systems I use.

Out of curiosity, Is this issue happening with the DJI 15mm at all?
2018-1-8
Use props
Alex Dawson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

mixchief Posted at 2018-1-8 10:28
Out of curiosity, Is this issue happening with the DJI 15mm at all?

No, only unlisted Panasonic & Sigma lenses.

// Alex
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules