Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Tutorial videos
65787 340 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

EQoPQMHwLiEZ Posted at 2016-9-30 01:48
Another thing that puzzles me is it is priced at $1299 which converts to just over £1000 British po ...

VAT at 20%. Quite a lot higher than the US rates I think.
Coming from China its probably subject to Import Duty as well as unless its within the EU free trade area it will be subject to these extra taxes.
Postage to UK from China is also more expensive than to the US.

Once the UK leaves the EU and arranges a free trade agreement with China you will get a better price. Probably 5 years time though, get the Mavic 5.
2016-9-30
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-9-30 21:21
VAT at 20%. Quite a lot higher than the US rates I think.
Coming from China its probably subject  ...

I don't think so...it is not the same ONE country negotiating than TWENTY EIGHT. The differences on the rates are due to the market, and the US has the most competitive and powerful market of all... How many consumers are flying aircrafts on the US between the U.K.? And another thing is the government support( The Laws) on the US the drones are seen as a help for the community, on the U.K. and the rest of Europe according to the strict laws of use are a kind of threat...
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-30 19:13
Hi Delta, for me the Mavic is an early advance due the high competition with the KARMA, of the nex ...

Here is a quick review of the video quality of the Mavic from a professional photographer/film maker.

2016-9-30
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 22:24
Here is a quick review of the video quality of the Mavic from a professional photographer/film mak ...

Nice review and an amazing location,Santa Cruz is beautiful  ! For me was clear before to watch it, everyday more and more tempted to press the order button...it only stops me the possible war with  my wife hehehe
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-30 22:42
Nice review and an amazing location,Santa Cruz is beautiful  ! For me was clear before to watch it ...

It truly is an amazing aircraft, in my mind it's going to be DJI's best seller by far.
2016-9-30
Use props
EQoPQMHwLiEZ
New

United Kingdom

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-30 15:42
Nice review and an amazing location,Santa Cruz is beautiful  ! For me was clear before to watch it ...

Throw her out, and grow a pair.
Only joking, I think
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

EQoPQMHwLiEZ Posted at 2016-9-30 12:18
Throw her out, and grow a pair.
Only joking, I think

Let's play nice.
2016-9-30
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

what does "non professional" mean?

if a client pays me for aerial shots and i use the mavic, then i'm a "paid" professional and the mavic is used in a "professional" capacity.

you cats need to stop hating on this product thinking it is sub par. it looks better than gopro and for sure gopro is used in professional situations all the time. i guarantee you (at least in the US) you have seen a commercial on television that has used a gopro. im sure many of us will agree the mavic's picture quality surpasses the gopro's...

these "demo" videos are shot with pre=production units. i cant speak for dji but who knows, there could be improvements to the final production versions, so passing judgement on compressed youtube clips is premature.

i guarantee you my use of the device will be in a "professional" manner and it will be used for clients.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-9-30 15:37
what does "non professional" mean?

if a client pays me for aerial shots and i use the mavic, then  ...

The Mavic is certainly capable of taking awesome photos and videos.
By professional I take it as a client paying high dollar for aerial work and if you pull up and take your Mavic out if your pocket I don't think they will be too happy.
I have friends that work professionally for movies and television and they usually have a van with at least 4 or 5 hexacopters and octocopters and they will all carry a Red camera. And maybe an Inspire too.
So a DJI M600 and Ronn-MX is what I would use for professional work.
2016-9-30
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

to qualify my response, i am a professional camera operator (steadicam(r) operator. Jib operator. Hard ped op). I work on film, episodic productions, narratives, commercials, music videos, corporate work. 24 years in this business.

I live and work in Los Angeles. I am not a DP, but I stayed at a holiday inn last night (who gets this joke? ) .

seriously, its not the gear but the operator. I have used bobby pins and  C-47's (aka clothes pins) to mount duvetines, flags, a cucoloris, etc on actual real world productions where someone is paying me money. I have used off the shelf incandescent filament bulbs on a set before. Do you think the client(s) frowned or challenged my professional acumen on set?

Do you think clients/producers have frowned when people use GOPROS on set? what about a DSLR on set?  

I dont mean any disrespect. I have been eyeballing  drones for a while and have been on productions where they have been used. this mavic is feature rich enough and "professional" enough to be deployed in a "professional" manner in my opinion (We all have opinions as we all know).

Years ago people used to mount heavy 35mm cameras on tyler mounts and charged massive amounts of money to get aerial footage. now its plastic chinese planes with image sensors many times smaller than a mechanical film camera frame, yet no one frowns on this?

again just my simple opinion. i always push the envelope and just because one or two people think this is "non professional" wont keep me (and most likely others) from using this in a professional manner.

Look forward to this piece of gear.
2016-9-30
Use props
parkgt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-27 13:14
It truly is an incredible machine. Such quality and technology built into a tiny form factor.
The e ...

Ken is the tiny size of the camera why the quality is not as good?
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-9-30 16:58
to qualify my response, i am a professional camera operator (steadicam(r) operator. Jib operator. Ha ...

Understand, I too will use the Mavic for everything I need to do.
I just don't think if a job pays 5k a day your going to be using a Mavic, and if you do and it all works out then that is awesome.
Some of the people I know have S100's and a DJI gimbal with Panasonic GH4 don't use them as much anymore because their clients require aircraft that can carry a Red.

And I do think you will be pleasantly surprised when you your Mavic arrives.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

parkgt Posted at 2016-9-30 20:54
Ken is the tiny size of the camera why the quality is not as good?

Not as good as what?
It's a very good quality camera and being able to focus manually is pretty cool.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Here is another P4/Mavic comparison from professional photographer/film maker Michael Shainblum

http://www.shainblumphoto.com/20 ... c-vs-phantom-4-dng/
2016-9-30
Use props
deadlyapples666
New

United Kingdom

Can I ask! Why is it $999 but also £999 because that makes no sense at all.
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

deadlyapples666 Posted at 2016-10-1 17:57
Can I ask! Why is it $999 but also £999 because that makes no sense at all.

I do not know that, please email onlinesales@dji.com or use the chat feature in the online store and they should be able to answer that.
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-27 11:14
It truly is an incredible machine. Such quality and technology built into a tiny form factor.
The e ...

Agreed.  It looks amazing.  

Ken... I have a question...  When calibrating the IMU will we need to put the aircraft in a cold place first? (Like my fridge?)  For my P3 I always had to calibrate the IMU cold or it would fail.
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

johnbarr00@gmai Posted at 2016-9-27 11:36
I think it's funny... Did DJI just obsolete their entire line of Phantom drones? I think so. Shit, i ...

Your P4 has a slightly better camera.  The P4 has a slightly wider lens.  The P4 camera seems to have slightly less image noise.

2016-10-1
Use props
patfanrob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered the Mavic combo pack and like a number of you guys I also have the wife not approving issue too. I opened a paypal account with a separate email account 3 years ago and I've successfully hidden my toy purchases a number of times since. Usually through PayPal credit so I can pay it off in monthly amounts. It's worked for me, no worrys since I started doing it this way.
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-1 23:17
Agreed.  It looks amazing.  

Ken... I have a question...  When calibrating the IMU will we need to ...

The Mavic IMU calibration is different, you set the aircraft on all of it's sides except the front.

2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

patfanrob Posted at 2016-10-2 09:15
I just ordered the Mavic combo pack and like a number of you guys I also have the wife not approving ...

it's so small, you can hide it under your pillow.
2016-10-1
Use props
mikael
Captain
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

How long is the charging time on the Mavic using the car charger? For me is looks super interesting to have on laying in my boat and one in my car.
2016-10-2
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Also, If I would like to order one or two. When can I expect it to be delivered? I have tried shopping from DJI before, but had problems getting my credit card approved. So it was easier to order from BH photo video in New York. Do you know when they will be able to ship if I order from them?
2016-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-10-2 06:58
Also, If I would like to order one or two. When can I expect it to be delivered? I have tried shoppi ...

I also had issues with DJI's credit card approval system.  I ordered mine using the same CC on Amazon with no issues.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-10-2 21:53
How long is the charging time on the Mavic using the car charger? For me is looks super interesting  ...

It's probably about the same, 1hr.
But we'll have to wait for more specs to come out.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-10-2 21:58
Also, If I would like to order one or two. When can I expect it to be delivered? I have tried shoppi ...

You would need to ask B&H, my guess is sometime in November.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-2 23:04
I also had issues with DJI's credit card approval system.  I ordered mine using the same CC on Ama ...

I'm not sure what the issue was, in the future you can always use the chat feature in the online store and they can assist you.
2016-10-2
Use props
cbgeorge2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2330492 ft

United States

Does this have a built in battery that have to charge  each flight or can get extra batteries for it like the P3
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

cbgeorge2000 Posted at 2016-10-3 05:04
Does this have a built in battery that have to charge  each flight or can get extra batteries for it ...

The aircraft has a removable battery, the RC is not.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Here's another good review video

2016-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-2 12:22
I'm not sure what the issue was, in the future you can always use the chat feature in the online s ...

I eventually got it to work with another card.  I ordered on DJI & cancelled from Amazon.  I expect I might get it a bit sooner with DJI.  Anyways...  Just looking forward to trying the new Mavic!
2016-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

cbgeorge2000 Posted at 2016-10-2 14:04
Does this have a built in battery that have to charge  each flight or can get extra batteries for it ...

It has a replaceable battery just like all DJI drones.  And they have a discounted bundle package that comes with 2 batteries.
2016-10-2
Use props
ygzh1990
lvl.1

United States

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-3 05:56
I eventually got it to work with another card.  I ordered on DJI & cancelled from Amazon.  I expec ...

Sounds good.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-3 05:57
It has a replaceable battery just like all DJI drones.  And they have a discounted bundle package  ...

The bundle comes with 2 extra batteries, so 3 total.
2016-10-2
Use props
thefurmanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

As a fairly new P3 Standard owner I am amazed how good the Mavic is, good quality shots from a small foldable device.  
Setting up the P3 is a chore and recently I have missed some good moments trying to setup the P3.  Plus the bulk of the thing and the backpack required to lug it around.  I don't go hiking - not many mountains in London but even hill walking is difficult with a massive backpack.  
I like the offer of the extra batteries and car charger.  I was stuck with 1 battery on my P3 and learning how to fly with a single battery was annoying as once I figured out the settings the battery was flat, second battery was expensive but required eventually.  The fly more pack with 2 extra batteries and the hub charger is ideal as it saved me money on the items I would have bought anyway.

Looking forward to my delivery.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

thefurmanuk Posted at 2016-10-3 17:07
As a fairly new P3 Standard owner I am amazed how good the Mavic is, good quality shots from a small ...

That's exactly the reasons tons and tons of people are going to buy the Mavic. Not only does it produce incredible 4k videos and awesome photos, but the size of it is what has me.
There's many many places I go and wish that I had a drone with me but I'm going to lug my P4 all over wherever I go. With the Mavic, it's a no brainer and everyone will be taking it with them wherever they go.
2016-10-3
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-2 21:20
You would need to ask B&H, my guess is sometime in November.

Ok, I did. They didnt know at this point. I guess I just wait and see.

Thank you for responding.
2016-10-3
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-2 21:20
It's probably about the same, 1hr.
But we'll have to wait for more specs to come out.

1 hour is good enough for me. Thanks for responding.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-10-4 04:34
1 hour is good enough for me. Thanks for responding.

To be exact, 1hr 20 minutes for the battery and 2hrs for the RC. This is from the wall charger.
And with an additional cable the RC or your phone can be fully charged from your used flight battery (25% left).
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules