Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Tutorial videos
65781 340 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glim1000
lvl.1

Canada

Michael Stoute Posted at 2016-9-27 13:13
is there a possibility to set up a ND filter?

PolarPro and DJI will have ND filters, subscribe to receive a note once PP releases them:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... a-mavic-accessories

Comparison of PolarPro vs DJI stock ND filters:

2016-10-17
Use props
Don Cornelius
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-17
Use props
did u see it?
lvl.3
United States

2000vadasz2 Posted at 2016-10-17 12:13
but that would overweigh the gimble.....

camera still looks much smaller. my guess there are reasons for that: 1) narrow angle (78 vs 94), which helps make lenses smaller, less distortion and sharper through the whole image. 2) some electronics was moved from camera body into the drone itself and video is transferred through some sort of custom high-speed data bus.

In comparison with wider lenses Phantom Mavic videos look different. Not everyone will like that. But Mavic looks capable of carrying additional wide-angle gopro camera
2016-10-18
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Another video preview!

Again apparently a pre-production model so can't read too much into it but nice to see some different shots of the Mavic in action...

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Barney2k Posted at 2016-10-18 20:49
Another video preview!

Again apparently a pre-production model so can't read too much into it but n ...

And there will be more and more video reviews in the coming weeks.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 05:55
Those are early versions and who knows of the calibrations were done correctly.
As more and more v ...

Hi DJI Ken any chance you could give us a clue what's happening so many threads missing I just posted a thread to try find out what's going on and it's been deleted for no apparent reason, maybe some sort of explanation might be needed,
Trust you will understand..
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-19 00:54
Hi DJI Ken any chance you could give us a clue what's happening so many threads missing I just pos ...

I'm sorry about that, the two threads that were deleted were started from a banned user who had most of the post and every post was negative and not benefiting the forum in any way.
I'm very sorry about that and that your was too.

I'm very sorry about the shipping delay hope everyone will the patience to wait for their orders to arrive.
Here is the official statement, please try to understand.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 18:02
I'm sorry about that, the two threads that were deleted were started from a banned user who had mo ...

Thanks for the quick response wasn't to sure what's going on, can understand where your coming from, my thread was only looking for info on what was going on and you have answered that, you have no need to apologise for delay on shipping of the Mavic. Everything seems to be a bit stir crazy at the minute, but I'm sure in a couple of weeks we will be all discussing , how great how far it can fly, firmwear softwear and how it compares to other DJI aircraft, and I'm sure these are the things your looking forward to discussing, thanks dji ken
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-19 01:17
Thanks for the quick response wasn't to sure what's going on, can understand where your coming fro ...

Yes, and again I'm sorry for all of that. And yes in a little while we'll all have our Mavics and really be excited.
And thank you so much for being understanding with everything. You will really love the Mavic, I promise.
Trust me, I cannot wait until we all receive them.
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi DJI-Ken, nico here. You have banned me from the forum. Sorry if I have said or done things which were not accordingly. It would be nice if you can drop me a message what I shouldn't do and unban me. Thank you very much and apologies again.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

banned Posted at 2016-10-19 02:46
Hi DJI-Ken, nico here. You have banned me from the forum. Sorry if I have said or done things which  ...

I am sorry, the official statement is below and that is the only statement. Please comply with the forum rules.

I'm sorry for the delay on the Mavic shipping, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro  

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi Ken, yes I see that it is the only Statement and I'll be trying to do my best to comply with the rules. But please give me the chance to do so.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

banned Posted at 2016-10-19 02:53
Hi Ken, yes I see that it is the only Statement and I'll be trying to do my best to comply with the  ...

Thank you and we appreciate that.
You can keep posting as you are (change the name).
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.1

Switzerland

So you can't unban my original account?
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

banned Posted at 2016-10-19 02:55
So you can't unban my original account?

I will have to be done through China and I have requested it.
I don't know how long it will take.
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thank you very much, I'll look forward to it. And sorry again. Next time it would be great if you can drop me a PM or so when I am not behaving like it should be.
2016-10-18
Use props
did u see it?
lvl.3
United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-18 13:00
It seems like any question or statement which talks about DJI willfully not meeting their shipment d ...

Early announcements is actually a common practice. Usually when dominant company announces a new product "coming soon" clients are waiting and competitors may stop developing similar products. One big software company used this trick a lot. (without calling names and pointing fingers) In this case everyone would be flying Karma if not for Mavic. Had GoPro announced it earlier, before DJI had something to show, it could be a different story...
2016-10-18
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 05:16
Excuse me moderators? Why was my post "shielded" - I simply posted the transcript of an online DJI c ...

You just don't get it do you?
The Mavic will be ready when it's ready.
The minions don't know when that will be.
Just leave and go do something else until you get yours.
2016-10-19
Use props
Dronez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

DJI-Ken - I have downloaded the Assistant 2 for Mac and can't seem to log in. My password is correct as I can log into the forum and my DJI app. I've reset it and still can't log into the Assistant software. I'm on MacOS 10.12. Any suggestions?

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing. So the installation was fine, just the login you are having difficulties with.
2016-10-24
Use props
Dronez
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-24 10:57
Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing. So the installation was fine, just the login you ...

Yes sir. The install was fine. It's when trying to log into the application. It almost seems like moment I hit the button to log in, it doesn't go anywhere and just gives me an error. I use the same account info on the website and DJI GO App. I've also reset my password and everything works but the Assistant 2.

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 10.58.49 AM.png
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dronez Posted at 2016-10-24 23:00
Yes sir. The install was fine. It's when trying to log into the application. It almost seems like m ...

OK, thanks.
And you are able to log into the GO app fine?
what extension is your email, Yahoo, Gmail?
2016-10-24
Use props
Dronez
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-24 11:02
OK, thanks.
And you are able to log into the GO app fine?
what extension is your email, Yahoo, Gma ...

If you can send me a quick PM, I'll send you all my info.
2016-10-24
Use props
dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226713 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just received my Mavic.  Its beautiful.  

First step I'm doing is updating the controller

The first time it failed because it was less than 50%

Let it charge to 54%.

Been plugged in and updating for 20 mins on V01.02.0818 0%.

Any reason for this?
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dave@lefthandme Posted at 2016-10-26 00:36
Just received my Mavic.  Its beautiful.  

First step I'm doing is updating the controller

Congratulations.
If it's stuck, maybe there was an internet interruption while downloading the firmware. You can sync your flight records (if you already have DJI aircraft) and delete the app and start over after everything is fully charged.And you followed the firmware update video correct?

2016-10-25
Use props
atlantis4dennis
lvl.1

United States

Hi Ken...I just received my Mavic Pro and it's a great.  However the camera is misaligned to the left about 20 degrees when looking from the front of the Drone.  Not centering to the X axis...it's like - 20 degrees off X axis   -----------Camera------Center----------------------.   Any way to fix this...or is it a known issue?  Thanks in advance
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

atlantis4dennis Posted at 2016-10-28 00:41
Hi Ken...I just received my Mavic Pro and it's a great.  However the camera is misaligned to the lef ...

Have you done a gimbal calibration?Can you post a video clip from the camera going forward showing the camera is off centered?
If not, please do that.

2016-10-27
Use props
bill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15358 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-27 16:27
Yes, there will be DJI ND filters available in the near future.

PolarPro  has them... pre-order only, sound familiar?
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bill@4kmo.com Posted at 2016-10-28 03:13
PolarPro  has them... pre-order only, sound familiar?

Yes, Polar Pro is a great company and I have most all of their filters.
2016-10-27
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

So excited to get mine shipped! Let's go DJI!!!
2016-10-31
Use props
nX2unjzBz6WE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 371601 ft
Costa Rica

So they have been shipping for about a week now, can we get some expectations? like orders placed between this and this date should ship this week and orders placed after this date start shipping on this week.

This could help with the anxiety
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nX2unjzBz6WE Posted at 2016-11-2 01:00
So they have been shipping for about a week now, can we get some expectations? like orders placed be ...

Just give it some time, more info should come soon.
2016-11-1
Use props
the.chris.cheah
lvl.1
United States

How can I get Mavic Pro to record my video straight to my phone storage rather than to the drone's SD card? Thank you.
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Did not find information about calibrating the remote in the manual.
Have read about people trying to calibrate their remote, what is the proper way to do this, is DJI doing a video tutorial about this or can someone else show how to to this?
Thank you in advance.
2016-11-2
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

the.chris.cheah Posted at 2016-11-2 13:52
How can I get Mavic Pro to record my video straight to my phone storage rather than to the drone's S ...

It does this already, but the video stored on your phone will be exactly what you see on your phone during flight. It may have interruptions, and will be restricted to 720p or 1080p, depending on how good your signal strength is. In the end, what is transmitted to your phone during flight is reduced quality of what is stored on the drone's on board sd card. This was true for the Phantom 3a, 3p and 4 drones, and is true for the Mavic as well. I believe the Inspire drones are also the same, but I am not certain, as I have never had one.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

the.chris.cheah Posted at 2016-11-2 13:52
How can I get Mavic Pro to record my video straight to my phone storage rather than to the drone's S ...

As the above posts states, the video is on your device in low resolution. If you want the full resolutioin you need the aircraft powered on and go into the editor page and download it from the aircraft. Honestly, the best way is to get an SD adapter so you can download straight from the SD card to your device. Doing it wireless will take a lot of time and why waste power of your RC/aircraft.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-2 22:21
Did not find information about calibrating the remote in the manual.
Have read about people trying t ...

From the settings tab (three dots) the third one down is the TX icon, from there is the "Remote Controller Calibration" page
2016-11-2
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 16:13
From the settings tab (three dots) the third one down is the TX icon, from there is the "Remote Co ...

Ok, thanks Ken. Was not asking were to find this calibration page within the software( I do not  yet have my Mavic).
A tutorial on how to perform a proper calibration of the remote would be nice.
Did read about people who can't seem to properly finish the calibration process.
Just wanted to see this process in a video.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-2 23:24
Ok, thanks Ken. Was not asking were to find this calibration page within the software( I do not  y ...

No problem, I', sure as the days/weeks go on DJI will be making all kinds tutorial videos.
Here's the link to DJI's support YouTube page and there's lots of informational videos there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Here is the latest news update.

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... g-update-nov-3-2016

NEWS2016-11-03
Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules