Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-25 09:12
Good news: my Mavic is at the latest firmware, I autocalibrated the gimbal in the app, and... it w ...

Good to hear, seems like the gimbal calibration resolved it.
Make sure to post a video clip.
2016-11-24
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Uh oh... calling that number now. I got a "battery error" on my Mavic, only flown 6 times, 3 of which were done to check on the jello video issue. And now my gimbal motor is overloaded while hovering... this is not good. Kind of saddening, actually. I hope there is some way to resolve these problems. Because I can foresee possibly having to send it in for who knows how long, possibly for who knows how much money.
So tech support said to reset the gimbal and camera, then autocalibrate the gimbal... on an iOS device.

There is no iOS device in the house that's compatible with DJI Go. That stinks. So I will do the rest of it.
I truly do not understand what difference it makes to what is apparently a hardware action, calibrating the gimbal, being done on different platforms.
And why the favored iOS device is actually outright said to be not compatible with the DJI app, when the tech-support-(shunned? Is that the right word?) Android device is.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-26 05:26
Uh oh... calling that number now. I got a "battery error" on my Mavic, only flown 6 times, 3 of whic ...

Sorry to hear that, it's never been crashed or had a hard landing has it.
Sync your flight records and provide your email and I'll review a few of your last flights.
2016-11-25
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

Thank you. Just synced my flight records. EAStates@gmail.com.

Never crashed, and I've always let it touch itself down, even if I've used the control sticks to  guide it while doing so.

It has landed on pavement (or the flat top of a tree stump once), simply because that's flat and the grass tends to be too tall for the gimbal to move if started there.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-26 05:59
Thank you. Just synced my flight records. .

Never crashed, and I've always let it touch itself down ...

I looked at a bunch of your flights and I do not see any errors, I see you testing the Active Track and RTH. Also, flights with no GPS so be careful flying indoors.
If the video is still a bit jittery then I think you should send it in for evaluation.
2016-11-25
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-27 18:14
It truly is an incredible machine. Such quality and technology built into a tiny form factor.
The e ...

Hey Ken... I don't suppose you have any inside knowledge on when the DJI goggles might be released do you? I cannot wait to get my hand on those...
2016-11-26
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-25 20:27
I looked at a bunch of your flights and I do not see any errors, I see you testing the Active Trac ...

Okay. It looks like I really have no choice but to send it in. Jello effect video happens even out of wind now, just as long as I hold still for a couple seconds.

May I ask what the address is that I should send it in to, if there is one particular place?
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-26 09:40
Hey Ken... I don't suppose you have any inside knowledge on when the DJI goggles might be released ...

I'm sorry I do not.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-26 11:25
Okay. It looks like I really have no choice but to send it in. Jello effect video happens even out ...

Here is the support link to contact DJI.   http://www.dji.com/support
Or wait until Monday morning and call 818-235-0789 and start the RMA process and they will email you a shipping label.
I am sorry about that, I was hoping the factory reset and calibrations would remedy it.
2016-11-26
Use props
ahr69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

i'm the luck guy to win this new mavic pro. and still have the combo on order maybe see it dec 20th????
my question is how to use the intelligent features? is there a URL someone would like to share that is start to finish which shows how to set it up on the GO app? Also a small suggestion. someone should make a start to finish series maybe the company that created it. i only see 4 videos from DJI, what gives????
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ahr69 Posted at 2016-11-27 16:03
i'm the luck guy to win this new mavic pro. and still have the combo on order maybe see it dec 20th? ...

If you subscribe to DJI's YouTube channel you'll find a bunch of informative videos. There's how to use TapFly and ActiveTrack in the P4 tutorials but it works the same way on the Mavic.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/videos
2016-11-27
Use props
ahr69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 20:59
If you subscribe to DJI's YouTube channel you'll find a bunch of informative videos. There's how t ...

Thanks Ken
What do you think about the mounting system from dirty designs for the iPad like screens connected to the Mavic pro controller. Have you demo'ed it? The link is in one of my threads
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ahr69 Posted at 2016-11-28 09:54
Thanks Ken
What do you think about the mounting system from dirty designs for the iPad like scree ...

I have not tried any device holders yet.
2016-11-28
Use props
ahr69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Try this link. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1213445047
BTW, really love this little thing. So much to learn though. All good.
Any inside thoughts as to when batteries are going to be available?
And finally, make it a great day.
2016-11-29
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

Little worried about the possible costs of RMA-ing... don't know how much I'll be charged for repair of the camera I thought would be working when I went well out of my way to buy it... and I know if I opt not to pay for repair, I'll be charged $65 times an unknown number of hours for "damage assessment fees" for some reason. It seems... nasty, really. Honestly not going to be able to recommend DJI to a friend, from personal experience. If this RMA ends badly, I'm actually going to have to recommend my friends steer clear and save their money.

This thread may not be the most appropriate place to post questions about RMAs, but I don't see any threads for that elsewhere... worried about my Mavic and what it will cost me to get it working (unsure about the price- see the paragraph below), and torn between the brief enjoyment the Mavic brought me for a few days, and growing regret at purchasing.
A little reassurance might go a long way... though I've learned not to expect any from most of DJI, sadly.

Okay, I just found the prices quoted in https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery, and that's somewhat helpful. However, it does not list a number of hours for inspecting the Mavic aircraft. May I ask if we know what the charge for that will be? It seems a little steep, but I'll pay it, if the machine is properly fixed.

This part, I like:
3. No service fee will be charged for damage cuased by manufacturing-related product defects or replacement under warranty.
4. If no product defect has been found after diagnosis or the issue has been fixed after debugging, no service fees will be charged for products under warranty.

Since my aircraft is under warranty (I think? Is it, if I bought from an Apple store?) I hope the fees will be less than $200.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-29 23:29
Little worried about the possible costs of RMA-ing... don't know how much I'll be charged for repair ...

You did not crash your Mavic and you said it's only has soft landings. They will review the flight data recorder and if indeed there's been no crash then it will probably be a warranty repair. That's what the warranty is for, if there's a defect then it's covered.
If it's a warranty repair then the cost will be ZERO.
2016-11-29
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 03:14
You did not crash your Mavic and you said it's only has soft landings. They will review the flight ...

In that case, hooray! Going to finally be able to send it in tomorrow, after printing out all the paperwork to put in the box today.

Thank you, sir.
I like this drone, so it's great to hear.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-30 07:20
In that case, hooray! Going to finally be able to send it in tomorrow, after printing out all the  ...

No problem at all, and they should repair/replace and get it back to you soon.
Thanks for your patience.
2016-11-30
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

Part of the reason I had been worried is that, when I was trying to fix the gimbal issue by following directions, I was also trying to resolve a battery error issue by charging the battery to 100%, then discharging by simply hovering or idling the props (as directed by someone from support). During the battery drain time, I made a stupid mistake and connected via wi-fi from my phone. It was raining outside that night, so I took the Mavic to my roomy basement... turned on the lights so it would hover in Opti mode, and lifted off... and it didn't see the lights enough to go into Opti mode in time. In Atti, it started to drift backwards toward the foam insulation on the walls. I immediately signaled it to land. It hadn't quite touched down before its prop caught on the foam wall, and sent it into the ground.

I learned from that experience, and had been concerned it would invalidate any possible warranty claim I'd had for the camera gimbal, which was already not working before the crash. Crash damage appears to be limited to just a scuff mark at the end of one arm, and a set of props scraped up (and therefore thrown away immediately and replaced.)

So I won't be surprised if it costs me $65 or so after all... but it's nice to know that my Mavic has a warranty, whether I accidentally invalidated it or not.
No matter how things turn out, I won't be trying to fly indoors with it again, even just to hover- that kind of thing is for tiny toy copters that come with their own bumpers anyway.

Anyway, time for me to let this thread get back to its real topic.

Thank you, too, for your patience and help.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-11-30 09:13
Part of the reason I had been worried is that, when I was trying to fix the gimbal issue by followin ...

Ok, I understand now why you are concerned, you stated this
"Never crashed, and I've always let it touch itself down, even if I've used the control sticks to  guide it while doing so."
And there actually was a crash.
Honestly, I do not know what the outcome will be, they are going to review the flight data recorder as they will see the scuffs and know it's been crashed.
2016-11-30
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-1 00:23
Ok, I understand now why you are concerned, you stated this
"Never crashed, and I've always let i ...

Yeah... when I made that post, I hadn't crashed it. Then, afterward... (2 or 3 days ago) oops. Well, I can't say I wasn't warned. It's going to be up to luck whether they agree that the gimbal issue was there pre-crash. (Though I did post the link to a video taken days before the crash, demonstrating the problem.)

Going to try sending it from the local UPS store tomorrow, and then whatever happens, happens.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-12-1 02:26
Yeah... when I made that post, I hadn't crashed it. Then, afterward... (2 or 3 days ago) oops. Well ...

Contact support and they will send you a prepaid shipping label.
2016-11-30
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

Just dropped my Mavic off at the local UPS with that shipping label attached to the box. Inside the box is the case the Mavic came in, containing the Mavic itself (gimbal clamp and cover on, with no props attached), the remote control (with Lightning connector cable, battery at 63%), aircraft battery (discharged to about 10% for safe shipping), and my Apple store invoice and store pickup documentation, plus the DJI Support case number.

That was everything needed, as far as I can tell.

Not sure how long a repair will take whenever it arrives, but I'll keep an eye on my email and the web page for my case number. Somewhere I read that the repair process can take as long as two weeks, so I'm prepared to wait. It'll still be back in time for December holidays.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-12-1 13:11
Just dropped my Mavic off at the local UPS with that shipping label attached to the box. Inside the  ...

Sounds good, you should have it back in time for the holidays.
2016-12-1
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

This isn't really related to the thread, but... at some point in the last week, my DJI GO app seems to believe I acquired an Inspire 1, named "DJI Aircraft" which has been flown twice at 0 ft, and has no flight records, and... while it would be really cool if I did magically have an Inspire drone, I'm pretty sure this is some kind of glitch, and wanted to mention it where someone from tech support might read it.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-12-4 11:13
This isn't really related to the thread, but... at some point in the last week, my DJI GO app seems  ...

Sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the app.
2016-12-4
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

Today or tomorrow, my Mavic should finally be arriving at the repair center. Already looking forward to it being fixed sometime in the next week or so.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-12-8 07:14
Today or tomorrow, my Mavic should finally be arriving at the repair center. Already looking forward to it being fixed sometime in the next week or so.

It will get repaired quickly and you should have it back soon.
2016-12-8
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

YAY!

My Mavic made it to the repair place. They inspected it, and the charge would have been  $68, but it's under warranty, so...
Listed as "free of charge."
It will be repaired in 3 or 4 business days, including flight tests and camera checks, so they're not sending it back until it's exactly what I paid for when I bought it.

I am a happy man.

May everyone still awaiting their Mavics receive one ready and defect-free before 2017. That goes for DJI-Ken too. Takes a certain kind of person to be able to pass the time until getting one's Mavic by helping others with their Mavics.
Something tells me Ken's Mavic might be the most carefully cared-for drone in the world by the time it arrives, considering all the troubleshooting so far.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No1much Posted at 2016-12-10 03:23
YAY!

My Mavic made it to the repair place. They inspected it, and the charge would have been  $68, but it's under warranty, so...

Glad your Mavic is getting taken care of under warranty.
2016-12-9
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

Just received my Mavic Pro after pre-ordering it in late October.  Drone looks great but I am having issues connecting any of my devices (iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone SE) to the drone.  I keep getting a disconnected error.  I upgraded the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 but still no luck.  Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkyLit Posted at 2016-12-14 18:15
Just received my Mavic Pro after pre-ordering it in late October.  Drone looks great but I am having issues connecting any of my devices (iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone SE) to the drone.  I keep getting a disconnected error.  I upgraded the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 but still no luck.  Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

With everything powered up and connected, disconnect and reconnect the side and see if it connects.
I have a iPhone 7 Plus and 3 iPads and all are working just fine.
2016-12-14
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 20:53
With everything powered up and connected, disconnect and reconnect the side and see if it connects.

I have tried that but it did not help.  the weird thing is that the controller is connected to the bird because I can control the cameras tilt and pan with the left stick.  Here is what the controller displays.

2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkyLit Posted at 2016-12-14 19:36
DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 20:53

Can you try the bottom USB port with your charging cable?
Does the iPhone/iPad made a ding and the shows charging for just a second?
2016-12-14
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 22:50
Can you try the bottom USB port with your charging cable?
Does the iPhone/iPad made a ding and the shows charging for just a second?

No luck with that either.  And unfortunately no, none of my devices register with the controller, so no such ding like what would normally happen on my P3P.  Is it possible to have a faulty controller?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkyLit Posted at 2016-12-15 08:20
No luck with that either.  And unfortunately no, none of my devices register with the controller, so no such ding like what would normally happen on my P3P.  Is it possible to have a faulty controller?

I've never heard of this happening before. Try this.
With the aircraft OFF, connect the RC to your computer with the USB cable and run the Assistant2.
Do a factory restore, and also refresh the firmware.
It may take a few minutes for the Assistant2 to see the RC. If it does not then it's quite possible that there is something wrong with the RC. And that's if you've already tried different USB cables.
2016-12-15
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 11:45
I've never heard of this happening before. Try this.
With the aircraft OFF, connect the RC to your computer with the USB cable and run the Assistant2.
DO a factory restore, and also refresh the firmware.

Followed your instructions and DJI Assistant 2 gave me a "Factory Reset Failed" notification.

failed reset.PNG
2016-12-15
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
United States

Uninstalled and Reinstalled Assistant 2 and still no change.  Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot?  
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkyLit Posted at 2016-12-15 16:35
Uninstalled and Reinstalled Assistant 2 and still no change.  Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot?

Sorry about that, did you also try refreshing the firmware?
You can also try downgrading and seeing what happens.
The app is seeing the RC so I don't think it's your USB cable since you've used both your lightning cable and the Micro USB cable.
I'd say try again what I just suggested and and if still nothing then in the morning call 818-235-0789 and send the RC and aircraft in for evaluation.
2016-12-15
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
United States

I got a Mavic today, back from RMA. I see it's still wrapped up like a new product with all the new stickers on its sensors... the scuff mark in the back arm is missing... there's a gimbal clamp in the box even though the Mavic already has a gimbal clamp installed. And it has a different serial number than my old one.

This is a different Mavic.
...Huh.

As long as this one's gimbal works, I'm fine, but I hope DJI makes a unit that's easier to repair than to send the customer a whole new unit, in the future. It seems like a hassle for the guys in Carson, CA if they're having to send out new units to customers who had defective ones during a time when oh, I don't know, thirty people in my area would probably have bought this new Mavic in a heartbeat had it been sold in a store.

I'm going to name it something else than I called my old unit, for clarity of records in flight logs and my own records.

For the record, I will treat this unit exactly as well as I treated my old one, or better. Which is gonna be hard to do, since treating it better is going to require absolutely doting on and pampering the unit actively in addition to pre-and post-flight inspections, FC & vision sensor data dumps and flight logs every time.

But hey. I like my Mavic. Especially if it works.

Just wanted to note initially that they're replacing some people's Mavics and marking the new units as repaired ones.

Anybody who sent theirs in, be prepared to firmware update whatever you get back and pair it with the controller.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules