Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic VS Phantom4
1234567Next >
40049 258 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mavic seems to be better the Phantom4 in all specifications. Does anyone know how  it's real world quality Video quality compares with P4??

As there anything areas where P4 is still better then the mavic??

Are there any reason why someone would buy a P4 instead of mavic??

2016-9-27
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
Netherlands

Having purchased my P4 only about 3 weeks ago, this is a very interesting question. If Im totally honest, I feel a bit pissed...
2016-9-27
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2016-9-27 23:09
Having purchased my P4 only about 3 weeks ago, this is a very interesting question. If Im totally ho ...

Dont be pissed, you can enjoy flying with an iPad. Imagine flying 7 km:s away lookin at only a tiny phone screen
2016-9-27
Use props
jasper.grandera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68481 ft
Germany

I read somewhere that the P4 has advantages in strong winds.
Also: Will I be able to use screw on ND's? Can I control the iris or only the shutter and the ISO?
If someone at DJI is reading this: Are there any plans to control the Mavic with an iPad?
2016-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jasper.grandera Posted at 2016-9-27 22:28
Also: Will I be able to use screw on ND ...

You can fly it with an iPad but only on wifi and distance is very limited, I'm sure someone out there is right at this minute trying to engineer a holder for tablet.
2016-9-27
Use props
casale.sam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56870 ft
United States

I am VERY interested in the lens/picture quality of the Mavic compared to the P4.  
2016-9-27
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The mavic is better in all ways pretty much it is the one that replaces it
2016-9-27
Use props
Jhzqzf7bP09B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2016-9-28 05:09
Having purchased my P4 only about 3 weeks ago, this is a very interesting question. If Im totally ho ...

Same! Except I bought it 5 days ago! So angry
2016-9-27
Use props
royski_gm76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8524 ft
Italy

that's why im not to buy P4 because mavic much better...
2016-9-27
Use props
jomipaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 777238 ft
  • >>>
Honduras

DJI P4 has a better camera than the Mavic. Most of the shots you will make with the Mavic will have that cheap phone camera look compared to the P4 cam. Don't let the new release syndrome make you angre . Keep your P4 as the
main production drone and let the mavic as a back up and for having fun experiencing  new features. In 6 months a better Mavic model will come up with another new features.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Jhzqzf7bP09B Posted at 2016-9-28 11:15

DJI has a 7 day refund and 14 day exchange.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasper.grandera Posted at 2016-9-28 05:28
Also: Will I be able to use screw on ND ...

There will be DJI ND filters in the near future
It has manual & auto focus
Yes, you can either use only the RC to fly and have no FPV, or use only your phone/tablet and no RC and the sticks are overlaid onto your device.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-9-28 05:24
What about the wind? Can the Mavic fight against the wind as the P4 or due to the light weight the P ...

The flight time of a drone is heavily depending on its propulsion system and its overall power consumption. Since Mavic is smaller, the expectation is that it is less stable than a Phantom 4 when flying against wind, but the Mavic’s airframe and propulsion system have been optimized to allow it to rival the Phantom 4 in its flight performance.
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 10.18.07 PM.png
2016-9-27
Use props
PHANTOMNES
lvl.1

Spain

minute 6:50 compare ph4 to Mavic ;-)

2016-9-27
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2016-9-27 17:09

Don't be pissed.  The Phantom 4 is light years ahead of the competition anyway.  One thing about technology; you can never keep up with the new stuff.  It will be amazingly good if the Mavic does not have the birthing pains all other models always have.  I will wait a bit and see,  I think.
I already have 2 different models of P3.  If the Mavic is compelling enough,  I will get one.
2016-9-27
Use props
Mariuss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jhzqzf7bP09B Posted at 2016-9-28 05:15

You didnt know about the event yesterday?
2016-9-27
Use props
The Berg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420814 ft
China

If they can make shure the new SMART follow modes like SPOTLIGHT, PROFILE, TERRAIN follow can be updated to the Phantom4 it's less of a pain.

I also regret purchasing my Phantom4 last month, even it only disappointed me only in terms of Size and Smart functions so far.
2016-9-28
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Note the camera differences:

P4: FOV 94° 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8, focus at ∞

Mavic: FOV 78.8° 28 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.2 Distortion < 1.5% Focus from 0.5 m to ∞

2016-9-28
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

@Ken, I am planning to switch from a P3 to the Mavic. Do you know if the Mavic support Waypoint (mission) flying on the SDK interface?
2016-9-28
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

Having owned a P3Pro for nearly a year I've come to barely use it because it's so bulky to transport places. This is a major kudos point to the Mavic

One thing I noticed up above is a comment that the P4 video quality is better. This is also reflected in the DigitalRev review up above (though they are using a pre production model). Mavic noted that the imaging sensors are identical in both P4 and Mavic and only the lens is different (smaller and narrower field of view). I would also presume flight stability in higher winds will be compromised, I've flown my P3Pro in 20mph winds gusting to 40mph and whilst scary at times the P3Pro could handle the 20mph with relative ease pointing its nose right into the wind. I think the Mavic will be much more susceptible to wind issues.

The other point that the Mavic scores well on early tests with on line reviews is the blades staying out of the image. This was a constant issue flying into sunlight on the P3Pro so will be interesting to see in person.

For me it looks like a smaller more portable P4 with super fast start up. It also uses a new version of Lightbrisge to increase the range (I hope that EU countries don't limit this again versus US) which some might argue is pointless (after all who's going to fly 4.3m away?) however, what the range does give you is much mor stable and speedy responses from closer in. I like this a lot.

My only real issue is I'm used to flying an iPad mini screen and having opted for the standard iPhone 7 over the plus the screen size could be frustrating.

Still, I'm gonna order one ... though if someone can explain how a drone costing $749 in the USA, that is made in china presumeably, costs £999 in the U.K. Which equates to $1300 and nearly twice the price?
2016-9-28
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

After seeing the footage from the Mavic,......

.......... I still the Phantom 4.

The Phantom 5 will need a markedly upgraded camera for me to consider it.
2016-9-28
Use props
FabianH
New

Germany

DJI, I'm sure you'll understand the complaints of many customers who recently bought a Phantom 4. Not only does the Mavic rival the Phantom 4 offering almost the same capabilties apart from a slightly narrower field of view, all in a much more compact package, but also are the prices already dropping radically for the P4. The need to compete is understandeable but shouldn't be carried out on the customer. You should consider offering compensation options for P4 owners who are considering to switch to the Mavic as soon as it is available. I am certainly not happy having purchased my shiny P4 2 months ago along with expensive travel gear, spare props and ND filters.
2016-9-28
Use props
P3A_Pilot
lvl.2

Netherlands

FabianH Posted at 2016-9-28 13:59
DJI, I'm sure you'll understand the complaints of many customers who recently bought a Phantom 4. No ...

The P4 is still a really good drone so why are you angry about this?
Mavic addresses a different kind of customer that chooses portability over image quality.
2016-9-28
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

damn... please let the mavic be a samsung galaxy note 7 and catch fire or something! I have to have one in my life but want to hate it, just for a little while longer
2016-9-28
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

The sensor appears to be virtually the same sensor reading from the specs.  I'd like to compare images to know if the image quality is different. Particularly for stills.
2016-9-28
Use props
FabianH
New

Germany

P3A_Pilot Posted at 2016-9-28 14:21
The P4 is still a really good drone so why are you angry about this?
Mavic addresses a different k ...

It is without question absolutely incredible and I love it but that is not the concern. Where have you found information on image quality? All I have found yet hints to the same quality and even a faster lens if that is true (f.2.2 vs f.2.8 for the P4). What would make the P4 an even greater drone? Better portability. Apart from this many people have effectively burned money purchasing the P4 weeks ago vs now, and we are talking about a product that has been released when? In March, April?
2016-9-28
Use props
getexsm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229469 ft
Sweden

i bought my P4 when they released it , like when was that, under a year ago, and i dont regreat it, supersleek machine!
but i would love to have a more portable machine like mavic,, THO! i will not buy one until they show me how the ND-filters will work on it, and by then, there might be a P5 that is even better suitet for me..
the P4 feels more professional when coming to a b-movie film-set, rather then the Mavic.
2016-9-28
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

jomipaz Posted at 2016-9-27 21:00
DJI P4 has a better camera than the Mavic. Most of the shots you will make with the Mavic will have  ...

From what I hear, that's not true at all. The Mavic has the same if not better camera on board. Plus a lot of other features not found on any Phantom. I'm really glad I waited.
2016-9-28
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RE: Mavic VS Phantom4

FabianH Posted at 2016-9-28 13:57
It is without question absolutely incredible and I love it but that is not the concern. Where have ...

2016-9-28
Use props
robinlund
New

Norway

cjmc Posted at 2016-9-28 12:23
Having owned a P3Pro for nearly a year I've come to barely use it because it's so bulky to transport ...

Watching Casey Neistats review of the Mavic, the footage show considerable propeller shadow. So, as with the Phantoms, a ND filter is a must when flying in sunlight.

2016-9-28
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

This video really sums it up. The Mavic is a game changer. The list of new features compared to the P4 are not small. If I owned a P4, I'd sell it right away to get the best ROI. The market is going to be flooded with barely used P4s once the Mavic ships. Just my 2 cents.

2016-9-28
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I bought mine 2 days ago, first ever dji experience. Was great until error, faulty unit which was replaced at the store.

The new unit has a stain near the motor, and it had vision errors

Now this release has made me a little sad. I feel I'm off to a very bad start.

Have emailed about the stains and sent pics, hearing little
2016-9-28
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I'm probably going to order a Mavic soon, especially after many of the product reviews / videos. I will keep the P4 too.
2016-9-28
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

pdbim25eeT7h Posted at 2016-9-28 06:41
I bought mine 2 days ago, first ever dji experience. Was great until error, faulty unit which was re ...

Don't feel sad, just return for a refund. You should have 30 days.
2016-9-28
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

video from Mavic is blurry as hell
2016-9-28
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lukx Posted at 2016-9-28 15:42

Shhhh, don't spoil the frenzy.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Delta Nine Posted at 2016-9-28 19:22
After seeing the footage from the Mavic,......

.......... I still  the Phantom 4.

The Mavic also has manual focus, so until you've learned how to properly use it the video wouldn't look good in manual.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FabianH Posted at 2016-9-28 19:59
DJI, I'm sure you'll understand the complaints of many customers who recently bought a Phantom 4. No ...

It's a different aircraft and not a Phantom, the P4 is still a amazing aircraft.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dj.trillium Posted at 2016-9-28 20:38
damn... please let the mavic be a samsung galaxy note 7 and catch fire or something! I have to have  ...

There's nothing to hate about this little gem, and when you get to hold one in your hand yuo will forever be in love
It feels heavy and solid and has the feeling of being built by Boeing
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

lukx Posted at 2016-9-28 22:42

The Mavic has manual focus as well, so if your in manual and are not hovering still focused on a subject then the video would be blurry.
2016-9-28
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules