Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad Pro charging while using Inspire 1 Pro
2201 15 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
showell257
New
United States

Curious if anyone has found a way to use and charge the ipad at the same time using the Inspire 1 Pro controller. Seems as if the ipad Pro, while really awesome, zips through battery fast. Tried shutting down backround apps. Still hoping someone has found a way to manage this. Thanks.
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The GO APP sure sucks alot of power that is a known fact.  I dont know of any way but hope someone here may know of a way, I think it was asked before but the results were as empty as a Hermits Date book .

Good luck-

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>

So far, the search for a way to charge the Ipad while in use has been a search for the holy grail, with the same success.
2016-10-3
Use props
reyguerrero112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2079350 ft
Germany

I am not really sure if this works, but i am definitely trying it out when it is available:

http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... e-rockstar?fnode=97
2016-10-16
Use props
ThomasS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257405 ft
Germany

When you use this kind of connection you will charge your iPad with an extra batterie during flight. To start charging, connect both USB plugs into your batterie, diconnect one and then plug it into your remote-controller.

https://www.reichelt.de/?ARTICLE ... 9w9ACFRLgGwodM0cDRA
2016-11-25
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

ThomasS Posted at 2016-11-25 07:16
When you use this kind of connection you will charge your iPad with an extra batterie during flight. ...

I dont think that will work to charge the I-pad  and Use it at the same time .  Have you Personally tried this ?
I think this fits the bill, I have not tried it but hav one on order .

http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... e-rockstar?fnode=97

donnie
2016-11-25
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-25 17:47
I dont think that will work to charge the I-pad  and Use it at the same time .  Have you Personally tried this ?
I think this fits the bill, I have not tried it but hav one on order .

Donnie,  forgive me responding to such an old thread but our digital footprint never fades
2016-12-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2016-12-11 13:51
Donnie,  forgive me responding to such an old thread but our digital footprint never fades

You are forgiven.

donnie
2016-12-12
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't know what happened there Donnie.  I thought I'd written a sensible question like
... did your e-rockstar ever turn up and did it work?
2016-12-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2016-12-13 02:34
Don't know what happened there Donnie.  I thought I'd written a sensible question like
... did your e-rockstar ever turn up and did it work?

I kinda was not sure what direction to go there so I was a bit Cheeky , It worked but not 100% perfect .  I am going back to the apple store to see if i got a bad one and will report back to the forum soon.

donnie
2016-12-13
Use props
JackyYyy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103287 ft
China

The battery issues might relate to the Apple devices, some issue relates to the A9/A10 cores. The remote controller won't take power from the iPad, neither does the DJI Go app.
2016-12-14
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JackyYyy Posted at 2016-12-15 07:24
The battery issues might relate to the Apple devices, some issue relates to the A9/A10 cores. The remote controller won't take power from the iPad, neither does the DJI Go app.

Hmmm, without getting too techs, I understand that no power is taken from the iPad to power the RC, but I can use my iPad Pro for hours surfing the net because it is using very little processing power.  The DJI Go app, on the other hand, appears to be doing a fair bit if processing and therefore drains the battery more quickly.  This pattern is repeated on all 3 of my iPad devices so isn't processor specific.  So I think it's fair to point our fingers at the app isn't it?  By the way, because it tends to be used to directly control many aspects of the flight, the Autoflight app can positively turn your iPad into a hand warmer.  The iPad Pro is recommended by them for some of their more processor-heavy functions for just this reason.
2016-12-19
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-13 05:24
I kinda was not sure what direction to go there so I was a bit Cheeky , It worked but not 100% perfect .  I am going back to the apple store to see if i got a bad one and will report back to the forum soon.

Hi Donnie, resurrecting this one again as it's being asked on an  Inspirepilots  thread.  Did you ever get a final yes/no on whether thus adapter worked?
2017-2-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-2-21 06:00
Hi Donnie, resurrecting this one again as it's being asked on an  Inspirepilots  thread.  Did you ever get a final yes/no on whether thus adapter worked?

No worries , I sent you a PM

donnie
2017-2-21
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-2-21 06:00

I can tell you with utmost certainty that this WILL NOT WORK  I tried every workaround possible to get this adapter to work and It just wont.  I went to the Apple Store direct ( they Know NOTHING  about the DJI products  by the way ) to get my other one replaced, now need to go back to get the refund......Oh Joy ....

Sorry for the late reply , I  am usually  pretty good about this stuff- so all apologies.  

donnie
HKKP2.jpeg
2017-3-6
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-6 05:19
I can tell you with utmost certainty that this WILL NOT WORK  I tried every workaround possible to get this adapter to work and It just wont.  I went to the Apple Store direct ( they Know NOTHING  about the DJI products  by the way ) to get my other one replaced, now need to go back to get the refund......Oh Joy ....

Sorry for the late reply , I  am usually  pretty good about this stuff- so all apologies.  

Huge thanks for this Donnie.  I guess I'll stick with keeping a charged power bank and plugging it in between flights to keep as topped up as possible.

Frustrating that this sort of thing isn't possible.  I understand that an iPad is mobile by design but surely it wouldn't take much to build in the ability to charge whilst the data port is in use.

Hey ho, I'm sure these things will come.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules