Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the maximum weight for the osmo mobile?
13223 8 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Just wondering if it will function correctly with the Galaxy S7 edge + the official Lens cover.
The phone is 157g, the case is 31g and the lenes are 37g for the wide angle and 51g for the telephoto, so about 240g in total for the phone + case + telephoto lens.

What is the maximum weight that the osmo mobile will handle?

Thanks

2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Bump.
Help please
2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Bump.
Help please
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any kind of additional weight added to the phone (lens) will throw off the tilt balance and will damage the tilt motor.Also, the Osmo Mobile is made to use phones without their cases.
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The rotors  will struggle at that weight, if you really want to try out, make sure you read the return policy before you buy an Osmo Mobile.
2016-10-3
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-4 00:27
Any kind of additional weight added to the phone (lens) will throw off the tilt balance and will dam ...

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your reply...
My phone is 157g without the case, and about 188g with the case.
Some other (supported) phone, like the iPhone 6s Plus, is 192g without a case!

My phone WITH the case, weight LESS than another supported phone WITHOUT a case.

Telling me that "the Osmo Mobile is made to use phones without their cases" is simply not true, as my phone WITH A CASE will be SMALLER AND LIGHTER than other officially supported phones WITHOUT any case.

So this is why I asked about specific weights.....
Could you please check for the maximum supported weight for the osmo mobile? The specs doesn't mention it and I would like to know that before ordering, especially since your "return policy" is (practically) a rude "no returns" policy.

Thanks
2016-10-4
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am looking at adding a Moondog Labs lens to my iPhone 6S so I would also be interested in knowing the limits.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-4 17:33
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your reply...

The phone will allow the weight up to a iPhone 6 or 7 Plus.
You were talking about adding a telephoto lens would would attach to the back of the phone and throw off the balance of it and make it tilt forward which it has no tilt adjustment. You can only adjust the roll adjustment as phones are different lengths,

If your phone with the case is not more than 84.8 mm, then it will fit in the cradle.
2016-10-5
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

Well, the iPhone 6s Plus is 192g, and I'm talking about max 188g so I guess it should handle it...
About it tilting forward, if the tilt motor can't handle a 50g lens then how can it move the entire 192g iphone 6s plus?

Anyway, unfortunately I have bigger problems now since I've found out from other threads that the osmo mobile will not handle z-axis bobs with an acceptable manner - and much worse than the original osmo (with no z-axis addon)
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules