Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo+ is making me nuts. Whats wrong with the FOCUS??
2464 16 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bse5f8GcnQNQ
lvl.1

Ok.  Just got a new Osmo+.

I orignally had tons of wifi connection issues...  I got that like 85% solved by changing to 5ghz.  Its still not 100% stable (connecting to IPhone 6S) - but its at least now mostly workable.

Now my issue is FOCUS.  It doesnt seem to ever ben in perfect focus.  Every now and then I get a shot and it looks sharp, but almost EVRYTHING looks soft.  I have tried tapping to focus.. Ive tried everything.

Its SO FRUSTRATING to load footage off the card and see that its almost all soft.  What the hell is going on?  Do I need to return this or is this just some softward bug?
2016-10-2
Use props
bse5f8GcnQNQ
lvl.1

ANOTHER issue I'm having.  4K videos lose audio sync almost instantly randomly.  Sometimes audio is fine, other times it skips at the beginning and audio is severely out of sync from that point forward.  I have had a number of shots RUINED by this bug.

What the hell is going on here?  The Osmo+ seems like a total disaster right now?  Wifi connectivity SUCKS.  It constantly goes black and white, drops frames, freezes etc (Both 2.4 and 5 ghz), focus is a mess (I cant figure it out AT ALL), and this audio san thing is a complete KILLER.  Im getting clips back that are 100% unusable.  
I am definitely using the latest firmware.
2016-10-2
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain.  Wifi on mine is fine, but focus and skipping video have been driving me nuts!
2016-10-2
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dennish Posted at 2016-10-3 10:34
I feel your pain.  Wifi on mine is fine, but focus and skipping video have been driving me nuts!

I third that, I took the OSMO+ on a hike today with my buddy using my original OSMO and all my shots are soft as hell. either they fix this with a firmware update and let you lock the focus as infinity from 1 meter out or I want a refund. Right now this OSMO+ is a waste of $1000......... its never in focus and NOTHING seems to help.........................
2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

So glad I found out about this before ordering the osmo+...
The fact that dji does not reply about these issues is the worst part. Did you try to contact them directly?
2016-10-2
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I just ordered one
2016-10-3
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

HellFire77 Posted at 2016-10-2 22:20
I third that, I took the OSMO+ on a hike today with my buddy using my original OSMO and all my sho ...

DJI = Crickets...

Going to open a support case, but it would be nice if they would acknowledge that some people may be having issues and that they may be able to address it with a firmware update.

I am getting more concerned with each day as I read posts from others saying they are having the same issues since deliveries are becoming more widespread.

Right now I have, in my perception, a $1000 doorstop as the majority of video I take is unusable.  To make matters worse, the official return policy is:

1. Refund policy
1) Within 7 calendar days of delivery if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
2). Within 7 calendar days of delivery if the product has a manufacturing defect

I should have just turned around and returned it while I had the chance.  So we will see what support says but  I am not too optimistic.  Probably get the return it for evaluation.....
2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Try to do a reset pressing trigger + shutter then flip the power, holding all together until the green led blinks then release power and then the others...
to me seems to help...
Someone told me on chat
2016-10-3
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also see my thread with related information about the full-time, non-lockable auto-focus http://forum.dji.com/thread-65314-1-1.html
2016-10-3
Use props
bse5f8GcnQNQ
lvl.1

So... is there a fix coming for this?  If there isn't I guess I need to return it?  

This is REALLY disappointing.  
2016-10-4
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI - Ken - Amy - Anyone???
2016-10-4
Use props
Mlybhp5Y0tzw
lvl.2
United States

FWIW, I have a DJI OSMO+ and have had none of these problems.  The only issue that I had initially was a problem connecting via wifi when using the z axis.  I think I fixed the problem by making sure the connection is good between camera and top of z axis.  I took the OSMO+ hiking this weekend and was very impressed with the clear footage and clarity once zoomed in.  Filming indoors is pretty weak, but it's possible I haven't figured out the best settings yet.  
2016-10-5
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump - any reply from DJI?
2016-10-6
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like the same focus issues I have on the Zenmuse Z3
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, OP,  can you shoot a video of this? In the video, please mark when and where you touched the screen trying to focus.  Thank you.
2016-10-8
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So in a post about delivery delay - DJI-Thor says that focus issue will be fixed in a firmware update:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-65784-1-1.html
2016-10-8
Use props
Black
New
Portugal

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-8 01:07
Hi, OP,  can you shoot a video of this? In the video, please mark when and where you touched the screen trying to focus.  Thank you.

? ?????????.??.?..?.?.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules