Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The dance..
2266 14 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Salter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421060 ft
United Kingdom

Do we still have to do the compas cal dance with the mavic?
Anyone know where I can get one in the UK now? I don't want to wait.. it'll be a lovely companion for my P4..
2016-10-2
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
United States

You still have to do compass calibration and we all have to wait...
2016-10-2
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-2 16:32
You still have to do compass calibration and we all have to wait...

Bah.. wait.. I hate that word.. booooo.
2016-10-2
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
United States

Steve Salter Posted at 2016-10-2 11:39
Bah.. wait.. I hate that word.. booooo.

Yeah, we live in a society full of impatient over-demanding self righteous individuals. If you didn't know it existed, you wouldn't be waiting, just enjoying what you have.
2016-10-2
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-2 18:14
Yeah, we live in a society full of impatient over-demanding self righteous individuals. If you did ...

If people didn't demand stuff, nothing would progress, if people weren't self righteous, we would have no politicians or airline pilots, and if people weren't impatient, we would have no need for clocks and watches lol
2016-10-2
Use props
peter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone who is that impatient is probably not suitable to slot a drone safely. Just saying.
2016-10-2
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

I really love the camaraderie and support an online community offers hobbyists.
2016-10-2
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
United States

Steve Salter Posted at 2016-10-2 13:18
If people didn't demand stuff, nothing would progress, if people weren't self righteous, we would  ...

I'm taking your comment as a humorous one and will laugh with you..lol
2016-10-2
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-2 19:39
I'm taking your comment as a humorous one and will laugh with you..lol

It was meant in humour yes.. but apparently being impatient to get my hands on a new bit of technology makes be unsuitable to have a drone lol.. of course I'm assuming that comment was meant in humour..

Anyway, my real question was answered above.. the DJI dance is a yes.. thanks
2016-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

I would say it's not clear yet.  This Mavic uses completely different IMU chips and it has TWO of them for redundancy as well.

DJI has posted a series of "How to" videos...  and none of them talk about calibrating the compass.  (Just the IMU)

DJI has not posted the instruction manuals yet.  I would say wait and see when the manuals are posted.
2016-10-2
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-2 16:07
I would say it's not clear yet.  This Mavic uses completely different IMU chips and it has TWO of th ...

If you watch the He has to calibrate it at 7:36.

He also catches it in his hand inside and outside by bringing his hand up to it, not sure why the object avoidance doesn't prevent this, he also has admitted that he didn't focus the video as it does need a tap to focus on the screen like a smartphone camera.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Here's a great Mavic YouTube review

2016-10-2
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
United States

I did watch another video and these guys didnt seem to have to calibrate it as it takes a photo of the spot it takes off from, in a certain mode maybe. So that would be cool if that works and then no dance, but one thing to note, you need a flat surface as the back props are closer to the ground. It looks so stable, I think I would do the hand grab.
2016-10-2
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Steve Salter Posted at 2016-10-2 20:03
It was meant in humour yes.. but apparently being impatient to get my hands on a new bit of techno ...

From your comments you are probably too impatient to be bothered with a compass calibration anyway so you will spiral into ever increasing TBE and obliterate your Mavic

Oh, and they havent actually arrived at any dealers yet or been shipped from DJI until later in the month (maybe first week November) so you will have to wait until then to crash yours
2016-10-4
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-10-4 19:43
From your comments you are probably too impatient to be bothered with a compass calibration anyway  ...

Lol. I'm happy to wait.. and yes I calibrate every flight.. even after a battery change at the same location..
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules