Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App 3.0.0 C2+EXP Jog dial combo not working & Other bugs
12Next >
3759 46 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Hi guys,
Please try to document your changelogs better.

1-With the 3.0.0 update, I've lost the ability to adjust my gimbal tilt on the fly by combining C2 button+EXP jog wheel like we all used to.

Why was this removed? Or is it a bug to be fixed? Can you please bring this functionality back?

2-It seems the app creates a new profile for my very same phantom in the logs

3-What is the Gimbal Center option in the advanced gimbal settings?

Thanks to the users for sharing if they have the same experience and to DJI for having a look into this thread.

2016-10-2
Use props
gmccurdy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

I've wondered about the new Gimbal Center too.  It seems to point the camera straight down and then back up.  Maybe it is only to set the thing to look straight forward and level and not side to side between the legs as I thought it would?

Gimbal Tilt still works for horizon tilt though.
2016-10-2
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-2 18:32
I've wondered about the new Gimbal Center too.  It seems to point the camera straight down and then  ...

What do you mean it works? As an advanced setting it does work but the combo C2+Exp wheel doesn't adjust tilt anymore.
2016-10-2
Use props
glazzers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374281 ft
United Kingdom

C2 button+EXP jog wheel  I used this a lot and now it doesn`t work anymore    ????
2016-10-2
Use props
gmccurdy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

I don't use the C! or C2 button (My C1 points the camera down and I accidentally hit it at times which is annoying!), but the right rotating jog wheel does change my shutter speeds in 3.0 without hitting the C2 or C1.  I noticed I have my C1 on camera gimbal, and C2 on Exposure I think it was, but I never touch either C1 or C2 and just spin the dial instead and it still works the exposure part and speeds change along with the indicator beep.
2016-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

C2+EXP Jog dial combo not working..........Same here using all latest updates on ipad pro 9.7.
2016-10-2
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

GO app 3.0.0 is FUBAR this time.
2016-10-2
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

is there a way to go back to the previous app 2.8 ?
2016-10-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-10-3 13:23
is there a way to go back to the previous app 2.8 ?

If you had a backup of Apple/Android device using previous version you could restore using that. There is a more involved way of re-installing an older IOS App' but it is more complex.
2016-10-3
Use props
Inspire & Phant
New

Norway

anyone have an older app for iOS ? - This one is not good ! I really miss c2 gimbal roll - impossible to find 2.8.3 version - jogjasky crashing all the time
2016-10-3
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

Doesn't @DJI-Ken or other DJI reps look at threads?

I initiated a chat with tech support about this last night. Even though they took my account and contact details they promised me I would get a case number to follow-up on it but never did..

How come they don't have a buf-report feature? I suggest crappy ratings on GooglePlay an the App store to get their attention...I know I will.

I even gave the rep the link to this thread yet nothing was done....
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dnerve Posted at 2016-10-4 03:02
Doesn't @DJI-Ken or other DJI reps look at threads?

I initiated a chat with tech support about this ...

Hello Dnerve, sorry for the inconvenience caused, the case has been escalated, our support online is dealing with this case now, please check your e-mail later, thanks.
2016-10-4
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-4 05:20
Hello Dnerve, sorry for the inconvenience caused, the case has been escalated, our support online  ...

Thanks Natalia,

I hope you guys can sort this.

Also, perhaps it would be nice to give us a proper bug reporting feature/channel as this would not count as a 'Tech Case' rather than a an issue with the App affecting more than 1.

Just an idea!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and my inbox for updates!

Thanks
2016-10-4
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Custom White Balance - DJIGO 3.0.0
After I set a custom white balance to 5200K and then click back thru the other white balance presets, when I go back to custom it keeps defaulting back to 6000K and not staying where I had it set.

This dosn't work like before.

My grid also keeps dissapearing

2016-10-4
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

fdnyfish Posted at 2016-10-4 11:09
After I set a custom white balance to 5200K and then click back t ...

You can add your grid back under camera settings, it did reset when I upgraded too.
2016-10-4
Use props
g man
lvl.1

anyone find where the center markers went?

has auto exposure always turned itself off whenever you have it on and take a picture?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

g man Posted at 2016-10-5 03:31
anyone find where the center markers went?

has auto exposure always turned itself off whenever you ...

The icon tends to go away when not in use, but tapping on the screen should make it reappear.
2016-10-4
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

Hey all,

I followed this video I found in another forum:

Works a treat! Happily back on 2.9.2 until DJI figures out what the heck is wrong with 3.0.0!

2016-10-4
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-4 13:20
Hello Dnerve, sorry for the inconvenience caused, the case has been escalated, our support online  ...

Hey Natalia,

Nothing new in my emails. All we need is acknowledgement here that C2+Jog wheel combo is not working in 3.0.0 and that it's going to be fixed in the next update, this is not a single case with an individual resolution.

Thanks for checking with the developpers of the app and letting us know!
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dnerve Posted at 2016-10-8 12:41
Hey Natalia,

Nothing new in my emails. All we need is acknowledgement here that C2+Jog wheel combo ...

Hi Dnerve, sorry to hear that you did not get e-mail. I have transferred your feedback to our senior engineers, and will let you know once i get any news, thanks a lot.
2016-10-7
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Dnerve Posted at 2016-10-8 12:41
Hey Natalia,

Nothing new in my emails. All we need is acknowledgement here that C2+Jog wheel combo ...

I second this as I use it all the time to minor correct horizon tilt,,, which I noticed was in one of the new Mavic films so for that it is a problem.
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fdnyfish Posted at 2016-10-5 02:09
After I set a custom white balance to 5200K and then click back t ...

We have done the test with the latest APP and old one on our end, custom white balance acted same as your video.
2016-10-8
Use props
modefour
lvl.2

Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 11:08
We have done the test with the latest APP and old one on our end, custom white balance acted same  ...

I'd like to see a resolution to this as well. I discovered it today. It still works on my iPhone but not on my iPad. I also like to know what  the gimbal centre option does.
2016-10-8
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 08:16
Hi Dnerve, sorry to hear that you did not get e-mail. I have transferred your feedback to our seni ...

Hey Natalia,

Thanks for looking into it, I just got a reply from Sophia, who had not forgotten me! Tell her she's a star.

To all, here's the reply I got, a fix is coming!

"Hi there,

Good day! Just got back from the National Holiday.

The meanwhile got the feedback from our engineers as below:

1. Our engineers have tested the C2+EXP combination, yes, it is not working on IOS3.0 APP. And we will add that to the next updates.

2. The Centering Camera function is to adjust the gimbal tilt, similar to the left dial wheel on the remote, but only it will point to the level or down directly if you click it

MYNAME, sorry again for the trouble caused by the IOS3.0 app. If possible you can try to get older firmware. And we will urge engineers to get the updates as soon as they can.

Have a nice day."

Thanks again!
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dnerve Posted at 2016-10-9 04:03
Hey Natalia,

Thanks for looking into it, I just got a reply from Sophia, who had not forgotten me ...

Thanks for your details and patience, will let her know that she did a good job.
2016-10-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Easy Solution: Turn off Auto updates of the DJI Go app.  Wait 2 weeks, then decide to upgrade based upon the beta tester feedback here!

(After 2.8.2 Video issues, I play it safe)
2016-10-9
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 08:16
Hi Dnerve, sorry to hear that you did not get e-mail. I have transferred your feedback to our seni ...

Hey Natalia,

Any update around this? It's been a few days and quite a few users  report a fair bit of other  issues with 3.0.0 along with this one... Is 3.0.1 around the corner?
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dnerve Posted at 2016-10-17 09:41
Hey Natalia,

Any update around this? It's been a few days and quite a few users  report a fair bi ...

Yes, we will release 3.0.1 soon, after upgrading that, the problem will be solved, please wait patiently, thank you so much.
2016-10-16
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

You all REALLY believed that DJI/China is reading you complains???
They just came back from the month long Red Dragon Snoot national holiday and soon to go to Gold Fish soup local festivities. They were more interested to push Mavic than to test the GO app functionality. What? you thought you bought a Japanese product?
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-10-17 16:53
You all REALLY believed that DJI/China is reading you complains???
They just came back from the mont ...

Hi Dacon, we'd love to help you if there are any questions, and engineers will test the function and performance for both products and APP.
If it's not working properly, we'd improve it.
2016-10-17
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

Based on YOUR testing logic (make it public and patch whatever fails) please do not send any of your people into space...Actually do it, you have a lot of them to spare.
Back on Earth to reality, get your people asses motivated and moving to FIX the crap YOU created with your stupid "improved" release of the GO app 3.0.0. A lot of people spent good money to buy your product and now can not be used because of "known bugs". FIX IT NOW!
2016-10-17
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-10-17 18:39
Based on YOUR testing logic (make it public and patch whatever fails) please do not send any of your ...

Dacon... your posts are going to get you booted if you keep going down this path.  I agree that DJI messed up with the 3.0 release. But your comments of sending Chinese people to their death because a button quit working is very Trumponian of you.  Get your anger in perspective dude.  Your statements make you look like a total jerk.
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And for those that may be interested DJI Go V3.0.1 for IOS was released into the wild today, and one of the fixes is 'C2+'Exp Jog Wheel' is now working again.
2016-10-18
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1. has been corrected in the latest DJI GO APP version (at least for iOS, that is what I use) Version 3.0.1 (C2 button+EXP wheel to level the gimbal)
2016-10-18
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Time DJI themselves hosted earlier versions so we can roll back if need be. Being forced to download older versions from unofficial sources can be dangerous.
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-10-18 22:33
Time DJI themselves hosted earlier versions so we can roll back if need be. Being forced to download ...

I would agree completely with that, or make current and previous versions available on Apple or Android stores. They do it with the firmware so why not the App's.
2016-10-18
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

I now email myself a copy of the .apk from time to time... Just in case.. seems to me like every other release is an improvement, kind of like they have 2 dev paths.
2016-10-18
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

I just downloaded the 3.0.1 app and all is fine now. c2 works great now
edit:  also updated IOS to 10.0.2
2016-10-18
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

I had/have the same problem with video feedback from drone. All problems started after updated the IOS to 10.0.2 and GO app to 3.0.0 and today to 3.0.1.
After 7 batteries of test and trial, I found that if the ANTI-FLICKER is set to AUTO in the camera-settings the video is a lot better. I used to have it set to 60Hz (US) but it causes video problems. Too late now but will try to set it to 50Hz and see how is it.
Will also try the 50Hz in MAIN page, HD, FSP 50Hz.
2016-10-18
Use props
g1dtf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230151 ft
United Kingdom

Does the 3.0.0 Android version of the Go App also have the C2 + EXP jog dial combo not working issue or is this only on the 3.0.0 IOS app.
2016-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules