Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attaching wire harness from gimbal
1381 5 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scouters
New

United States

got my Inspire and proceeded to land on the camera.  Some of the wire pins disconnected when the gimbal shock mounts twisted.  Does anyone have pointers for reconnecting?  Even with mag glass and tweezers it's tough.  Thanks
2015-2-1
Use props
kgarrison.gmail
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you land on the camera? The landing gear drops when you are too close to the ground.
2015-2-1
Use props
ajgraham.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

kgarrison.gmail Posted at 2015-2-2 07:59
How did you land on the camera? The landing gear drops when you are too close to the ground.

The ground proximity detector does not always work. I was flying above the damped floor of a gym and managed to land on the camera but luckily there was no damage. There are a couple of posts spread in different discussions showing the same effect.
2015-2-2
Use props
Scouters
New

United States

Its not really relevant to how to work with those wires and pins but........................ We had taken off about 200 meters from our patio (we were on patio) on the ice of our pond and when the battery started running low we brought it back towards the patio to land on our hot tub cover.  Unfortunately our hot tub is beneath a large tree and when the Inspire was about 1 meter from landing the battery level must have went below 10% and it took over control to return to the takeoff point and land there.  Problem is that it first starts climbing to a higher elevation before it traverses to the landing point, bigger problem was the looming branches about 30 meters above the hot tub.  When it took over I tried to force is to land and did it faster than the landing gear can deploy.  So anyways, any tricks on working the wire harness for gimbal?
2015-2-3
Use props
xzces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Lol, I don't know if I'm the only one but my landing gear doesn't do anything automatically. I alway raise and lower it myself with the tx, so I understand ur situation

I tried it out once hovering 2ft above the ground and it didn't come down. So I gave up on it. At least manually it works. Btw, I always take of and land manually.
2015-2-3
Use props
Scouters
New

United States

I got it hooked back up and everything is good but pins didn't seem as secure as the original installed ones that didn't disconnect during crash landing.  Fingers crossed...............
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules