Osmo+ - blurring on right side of video
2063 12 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mileshaslam
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

First post from me. I took my new Osmo+ out for the first time today and now playing the videos back at home they all have blurring on the right hand side of the image. Is this something I've done wrong or an issue with the software/hardware?

The video below is one example that is completely unedited - uploaded straight to YouTube. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

Miles
2016-10-2
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is it perhaps focusing on what is closer to the camera on the left side rendering the left side out of focus. The OSMO+ has some serious focus issues. Maybe try aiming it at a flat wall and see if the right side is still blurry, it could be a lens problem
2016-10-2
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump - DJI?
2016-10-6
Use props
mileshaslam
New

United Kingdom

Apologies for the delay in adding more info but I have been very busy recently.

This is an issue that keeps on happening with my Osmo. It seems to be on every video, at every resolution unless I zoom in. I'm not sure if it when the digitial zoom kicks in that the issue goes i.e. the impacted part of the image is cropped out.

I've uploaded an unedited file to my Google Drive. As mentioned before the blurring is only on the right side of the screen. The lens is physically clean - is anyone else having a similar problem?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Ek/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Miles
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mileshaslam Posted at 2016-10-28 07:11
Apologies for the delay in adding more info but I have been very busy recently.

This is an issue th ...

Hi, I can't see anything wrong of the video, if you tap focus on the girl, it will focus on the girl, not the far background on the right side.
2016-10-28
Use props
charlie109109
New
United Kingdom

Yes I'm having terrible focusing problems with the Osmo +. I m getting very little or no help from DJI. I have even asked for instructions on how to focus with the osmo + and they have ignored my questions. I am under the assumption at the moment that the Osmo + is a lemon. I am very very disappointed.
2016-10-29
Use props
fans53a0fffe
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 06:10
Hi, I can't see anything wrong of the video, if you tap focus on the girl, it will focus on the gi ...

Hi DJI-Thor,

Tried to explain with this image. There is no reason why the girl at 3m away and the volcano 12 miles away are both perfectly in focus and yet everything on the right hand side (only) is out of focus. Sorry, I noticed my previous post said the left hand side was out of focus but it's always the right.

I'm arranging the repair with DJI.

Thanks

Miles
focusjpg.jpg
2016-11-1
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

Is this problem happening in many Osmo+ units?
This worries me, because I just ordered Osmo+ because I am returning my Osmo that came defective (does not record videos longer than 5 min).
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

charlie109109 Posted at 2016-10-29 09:53
Yes I'm having terrible focusing problems with the Osmo +. I m getting very little or no help from D ...

Can you describe your issue in more details? Thank you.
2016-11-1
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

I was having an issue as well with mine, left side out of focus. Try taking a picture of a flat brick wall and stand exactly 90 degrees to the wall, tap on the center of the screen. With my unit the center and all the way to the right was in focus, but it lost focus towards the left. Because of the way video compression works it can be really noticeable when looking at footage uploaded online. Take some test shots with the included SD card and send it back for warranty, that's where mine currently is.
2016-11-4
Use props
JayLee
New

Malaysia

i having the same issue with dji osmo+ , while AF point to subject is clear and sharp but foreground is blurry,even i try infinity mode foreground still is blur. i sure is inside the lens problem may be too near too far from the sencor. well do anyone have solution to having this?
2017-3-27
Use props
plafonta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277743 ft
Australia

I have the same issue it is almost impossible to focus the osmo + especially with ND filters there is no hope.  Then you only have shutter speed to stop down which means that you can only video st fast shutter speed not worth the money.   I want to try x5 to see if it is any better
2017-3-28
Use props
alik
New

Got my Osmo+ few days ago. All my videos have this issue: Right side of image is completely out of focus (blurry). This is strange. I have time to return the product but thought to seek if there is any fix to this issue.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules