Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Image Ratio
1688 3 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been researching this and can't figure out how to fix it.  My Inspire shoots images that are 3992 X 2242.  This is not 12Mp  I read on the Inspire Pilots page that others are getting 4000 X 3000 and that when they switch from one tablet to another it changes their image size.  Why is the image size dependant on the device being used to run the app?  I hate the letterbox style images i'm getting out of my inspire and want the full use of the sensor.  Any thoughts??

I am using a LG GPad 7" and an Acer A1-840 8" both running Android app 1.0.4

**Update** Just talked to DJI Support and they confirmed that the image output is determined by the device you are using.  So iPad gives 4:3 and android you get 16:9.  I asked if this could be addressed in a firmware update to at least give you a choice of photo size output and he ended the chat..  Can anyone advise?

*********UPDATE- Blade Strike addressed this in another post and said that DJI are aware of the issue and have created a fix.  In next app update users will be able to select photo size of 4:3 or 16:9!  Thanks for the info Blade!**********
2015-2-1
Use props
johnmillsnz.ema
lvl.2

New Zealand

I hi-lighted this issue a number of weeks ago, and surprisingly enough - most people don't appear to be concerned about losing 30% of their images in the cut-down/wide format. I have an iPhone 6+ that I purchased to use with the Inspire - it only allows the Inspire to make 8.5MP images.  As you now know, an iPad will give the full 12MP because its screen is the 4:3 ratio.

Given that I purchased the Inspire primarily for still photography - this is a major issue for me.  It gets even worse when I need to crop the (wide) image to fit a print format, and lose even more pixels!

I have been trying (unsuccessfully so far) to find an Android user who is successfully using a 4:3 tablet and getting the full 12MP, as I am concerned that the iPad may soon not be supported.
2015-2-1
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Wow the hits to the DJI user community just keep on coming DJI really played us all had fun with our money for several months then pushed an untested and incomplete Drone to market for us to beta test.  Then told us all to ground them until they could send prop locks. Failed to add many advertised features to the pilot app then conveniently wiped all traces of those promises from their website.  They act like it Apples fault they can't use the IOS app, they should have negotiated all of that with Apple before even developing an IOS app.  
2015-2-1
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too purchased mine primarily for still images over video and this is very frustrating.  DJI support said that they would talk to the engineers about possibly addressing this but said they could not promise that it would be changed.  They suggested that I buy an iPad (even though they currently don't support IOS??).  I love the inspire and all of the cool features but this is a real kick in the gut!  Can someone from DJI please let us know if this is being addressed.  If it will be fixed in the future that will be fine with me.  I just want to know that eventually I will be able to use the inspire for its intended purpose without having to spend $400 on a new iPad that I don't need.  I already bought two android tablets just for use with the Inspire.  So Is our video limited as well or only still photos?
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules