Comment Here If You Suddenly Lost Your Drone / Fly Aways
12Next >
4020 70 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

During a normal flight on the 28th of September in a sunny weather condition the connection to my DJI drone was lost suddenly. The remote started to show a red light and did not respond to any of my commands. For some reason the drone did not return to the home position, although it was calibrated before the flight and was still having a 50% battery when the connection was lost. I have spent also arround 2 hours searching for it but without success.

This event had a very negative impact on my side both emotionaly and financially. The feedback I got from DJI for this incident is a laugh in my face and they expect me now to invest additional money for a new drone.

Please comment here and add your similar experience if any so we can unite in the same cause and try to change the way we are mistreated by DJI.

2016-10-5
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

showardsh1967 Posted at 2016-10-5 12:37
Sorry 4 your loss. Been their done that, lost my quad almost a year ago in high winds. Now it was no ...

On a side note,sorry to the OP. Are you happy with your trackimo ? easy to use/track your p3a ? do you have the 2g or 3g version of trackimo ?

thanks
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, you have synced flight records and provided the data to our tech support, right? if in that case, may I know your ticket or case number?thanks.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-5 11:32
Hello sir, you have synced flight records and provided the data to our tech support, right? if in th ...

Hello, my flight records are synced and the data was provided to DJI tech support. But the feedback received is very disapointing and does not help at all in my case. My ticket number is 300902.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

My situation was the same as driving your car and suddenly all the meters and displays blank out and you lose the control to your steering wheel... Can you imagine that happening? So not only did I lose my DJI drone but it was also a very emotionally distressed event which impacts your life in a very negative way.

Does DJI care about this? Until now I do not have a positive answer. I am looking forward for the upcoming information.
2016-10-5
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

Sorry 4 your loss. Been their done that, lost my quad almost a year ago in high winds. Now it was not a dji quad , but it was gps an had return to home.nothing i could do but let the winds take it away .The sick feeling u get is bad,hoping it does not hurt no one. Called police an they laughed an said what do u want us to do look for it. Said no but just incase it damaged something you didnt have to go looking for who owned the quad. I now own a p3a with a tracki mo and love to fly it. Good luck i hope u find her, if not step up an buy another.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

showardsh1967 Posted at 2016-10-5 13:37
Sorry 4 your loss. Been their done that, lost my quad almost a year ago in high winds. Now it was no ...

Thanks for your words, but suggesting to buy another drone from DJI is the same as supporting the malfunction as something normal and investing again money, time and energy into a possible low quality manufactured device.

Let me ask you something: You go to a store and buy an apple which looks very appetizing. But after you taste it at home you discover that it's rotten. What do you do next? You go immediately back to the store and buy the exact same apple again, hopping not to be rotten?
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 20:46
Thanks for your words, but suggesting to buy another drone from DJI is the same as supporting the  ...

But in your case, it would be like biting into the apple, discovering that it is rotten, and then throwing it out the window. Then going to the store and saying "I had an apple that was bad. I don't have the bad apple, but just trust me that it was bad. Gimme a new apple."  

See how ridiculous that sounds?
2016-10-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So did you replay your flight log to see where the aircraft might have been, you would have seen its last known GPS co-ordinates ?
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 15:03
But in your case, it would be like biting into the apple, discovering that it is rotten, and then  ...

They do not need to believe my word for it, there are flight logs and data which can be used for understanding if the 'apple' dissapeared or I just got rid of it.

And if by throwing out the window you mean hoping for the return to home function to work as described by the manufacturer while the 'apple' suddenly dissapeared from 'my mouth' while 'eating'. And searching an additional 2 hours for the lost 'apple' hoping to find it again, it does not sound ridiculous at all.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-5 15:25
So did you replay your flight log to see where the aircraft might have been, you would have seen its ...

Unfortunatelly after 9 minutes of flying I had a sudden blackout and both my video and remote connection was lost. When this happened the flight log recording stopped, while there was still 50% battery available on the drone. I have searched the surroundings but of course the area was just to big to cover. This was during my vacation in a foreign country and I am now back home without any hope and drone...
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 09:26
They do not need to believe my word for it, there are flight logs and data which can be used for u ...

The logs they need are on your aircraft. The one that you cannot locate. That's where they would be able to find out for sure if a malfunction occurred that they would cover under warranty. You cannot produce the aircraft, therefore there is no proof.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 16:55
The logs they need are on your aircraft. The one that you cannot locate. That's where they would b ...

I have the logs from the DJI app, which are also used for performing an analysis and can confirm or deny situations and reasons. Therefore I would insist that there is indeed available proof for DJI.
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 11:05
I have the logs from the DJI app, which are also used for performing an analysis and can confirm o ...

Incorrect. They need the logs from the machine. Good luck with your fight.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 17:13
Incorrect. They need the logs from the machine. Good luck with your fight.

They have requested and I have already provided to them the flight logs from the DJI app. Just for you to know as a general information, no one mentioned about the fact that only the machine logs are relevant for an analysis.
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 11:17
They have requested and I have already provided to them the flight logs from the DJI app. Just for ...

Yeah they will request the app logs because you said you don't have your drone. The app logs would have told the. If there was an obvious sensor error detected. They likely didn't find any of that, mainly because the app logs will only tell them if there was an error message reported to you in the app. (The app logs don't tell much) The logs on the aircraft tell a breakdown of every nanosecond that the Phantom is in flight and what is going on. Therefore, you don't have that information. For all they know, you are just another guy who crashed his stuff and trying to get a freebie (not saying you are, but it is all too common). The vast majority of these things are caused by pilot error. With no proof (aircraft logs), I wouldn't expect them to offer you much more than a discount (which they don't even have to do).
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 17:22
Yeah they will request the app logs because you said you don't have your drone. The app logs would ...

Did you had the chance to have a look on a log from the app flight data? There are almost 200 different and unique indicators available for every second of the flight. DJI did not mention anything during our communication about insufficient data or any other info similar to the one described by you. Please check first your foundation before exposing it to others.

I am sure that there are ocasions in which people would like to take advantage, but in that case DJI needs to have a clear method of identifing the ones who do have a real case from the others who dont.
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 12:01
Did you had the chance to have a look on a log from the app flight data? There are almost 200 diff ...

I've seen plenty of logs in my time, so I don't need to "check" anything. All I can tell you is that I have had 4 Phantoms and an Inspire 1, close to 2,500 successful flights in various location across the world, and for some odd reason, not one of these things have "disappeared". Hmmmm maybe I am just lucky, or maybe I take the time to follow all available protocols and precautions.

Regardless, this is all I will say on this topic. Good luck swindling a free Phantom from DJI.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 18:09
I've seen plenty of logs in my time, so I don't need to "check" anything. All I can tell you is th ...

I have just checked your profile and you are a registered DJI user only since July 2015. I have found even a thread created by you from July 2015 in which you where describing that you are new to the quadcopter scene: New to P3P

Do you really want us to believe that you had 2500 flights in 1 year? That's arround 5 per day, with 5 different drones all arround the world based on your statements.

Please do not try to mock me, because you are doing it to yourself. I am a desperate individual who just experienced a very unfortunate event and want my voice to be heard. Please do not pollute this thread and forum with fake statements and try to respect the people who are reading and participating in this forum.
2016-10-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After the loss of transmission only the aircraft will hold a record of all that happened, it will perhaps hold information as to why the aircraft did not return to home as expected. Perhaps the battery was too low (50% already used, 50% needed to get home, aircraft will land at 10% irrespective of where it is). But only the data on the aircraft can prove things either way.
2016-10-5
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

I hope you resolve this issue. I truly sympathise. I don't have the knowledge to help you unfortunately.

There are a lot of fly-aways lately judging by the forum. Coincidence or underlying issue...
I hope those that haven't experience these don't turn their backs on those that have, cause when it happens to them...
2016-10-5
Use props
lachlanainswort
lvl.1

Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 07:42
I have just checked your profile and you are a registered DJI user only since July 2015. I have fo ...

Owned. Hahahaha
2016-10-5
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Far from it. His reading skills are on par with his flying skills apparently. I am just done replying to fools
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-5 23:16
After the loss of transmission only the aircraft will hold a record of all that happened, it will pe ...

If the battery suddenly died or the drone had any other malfunction which caused a sudden death I would not be very sure that the aircraft data would have the full picture. Have you analysed until now both the drone and app data, and made a comparison between them? Or your statements are just guesses? I would prefer to keep comments to facts and to avoid creating scenarios which in any case do not help anyone.

Also, the drone was around 500 meters away only from the home point and with half of the battery capacity available...
2016-10-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you have asked the questions I will answer them:-

"Have you analysed until now both the drone and app data, and made a comparison between them?" ......................... No, because you have not provided this information.

"Or your statements are just guesses?"................. You invited comment, so I have made comment based on the statement you made, which contained very limited information.

2016-10-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 16:17
If the battery suddenly died or the drone had any other malfunction which caused a sudden death I w ...

"Have you analysed until now both the drone and app data, and made a comparison between them? Or your statements are just guesses? I would prefer to keep comments to facts and to avoid creating scenarios which in any case do not help anyone."

It's obvious and well known that the app can only store flight data while it has connection to the Phantom but the flight data stored in the Phantom will keep recordinng as long at the battery is powered on in the Phantom.
That's fact and not creating scenarios that help no-one.
2016-10-6
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

Are you sure that in my situation the baterry lasted more than what I have as app data recordings? It may well be that there was a power malfunction and the DJI drone suddenly dropped dead. In any case what you mention is not a fact which actually happened in real life but just another possible scenario...

I will share in a couple of minutes more details on my flight and would appreciate any productive feedback or help.
2016-10-6
Use props
dak162
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 16:42
I have just checked your profile and you are a registered DJI user only since July 2015. I have fo ...

So you are suggesting he was not flying DJI products until the day he made an account on the forum? That's short sighted...
2016-10-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 18:20
Are you sure that in my situation the baterry lasted more than what I have as app data recordings? I ...

No ... I'm saying that when your Phantom loses signal, the app won't have anything to record but the Phantom will continue recording as long as it has power.
We don't know what happened to yours because the flight record on the app just stops with no indication of whether signal was lost or your Phantom suddenly died.
2016-10-6
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

dak162 Posted at 2016-10-6 13:16
So you are suggesting he was not flying DJI products until the day he made an account on the forum ...

I was referring to a DJI account. Is there such a thing as a forum account?

In any case, I apologies if I offended in any way. I am really frustrated and a bit desperate due to the situation I am facing. Any positive synergies would be welcomed.
2016-10-6
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-6 13:45
No ... I'm saying that when your Phantom loses signal, the app won't have anything to record but t ...

OK, clear now. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Here is my flight uploaded flight data from healthydrones:

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=FAjAHJ&page_id=GENERAL
2016-10-6
Use props
dak162
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 08:03
I was referring to a DJI account. Is there such a thing as a forum account?

In any case, I apolog ...

Understood. I can certainly understand your frustration. I hope you get your case worked out.

2016-10-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 20:05

Here is my flight uploaded flight data from health ...

You've already shown that but Healthydrones only ever gives a brief summary and doesn't give much to ivestigate.
2016-10-6
Use props
cdikland
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-5 16:42

Not exactly... Read the thread you linked above more carefully.  Says he is new to p3s but owned ..................
2016-10-6
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-6 23:05

Here is my flight uploaded flight data from health ...

The data recorded in the app on your device abruptly stops in your case.  Maybe your device is to blame, maybe it isn't a supported type, maybe it crashed, maybe it went to sleep, maybe you have a faulty USB port or the cable came out, or the radio transmitter failed or the coaxial cable fell off the board etc.  Any of these things might explain why your data on the app stopped.  If that was the case your aircraft would still be flying and recording data, indicating  there is no fault in the aircraft.  That is why you need to examine the aircraft data to make a determination, and the data on the device is not definitive.  If you have a loss of telemetry, like you did at 4:18 for 7.2 seconds, the aircraft's condition is not recorded on your app, but it is recorded in the aircraft.  If the data in your app happens to show it spiraling into the ocean and reaching 0ft, you could probably use that to make a case for a failure.  I'm not sure if the data recorded on the app is minute in detail, whether it shows the rotation speed of the motors and the load on them for example, but that data IS available in the aircraft, and on analysis it can show DJI if the prop broke or flew off or if the whole aircraft hit a fixed object or birdstrike etc.  The best you can do is prove you flew it to Point "X".  Your logs will confirm that everything was working perfectly.  Now, you need to come up with some proof of something "happening".  A blank record proves nothing.

We know what happened up to the point the data stopped recording.  There is no way to prove what happened after that without further data.  You can't make assumptions that it was a failure or fault on your part or DJI's part.  The best they will do and that you can hope for is a discount, which is probably what they offered you.   You won't share what DJI told you about their analysis which has you so upset, but you keep referring to it.
2016-10-6
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

cdikland Posted at 2016-10-6 14:22
Not exactly... Read the thread you linked above more carefully.  Says he is new to p3s but owned .. ...

I would prefer to not pursue this topic anymore as it does not help anyone in any way.
But the statement he has made about 2,500 flights up to now it is just 'a bit to much'. Considering that last year in July he had his first flight out of his neighbourhood and was declaring himself a newbie. There are only 365 days in a year unfortunately.
2016-10-6
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

endotherm Posted at 2016-10-6 17:46
The data recorded in the app on your device abruptly stops in your case.  Maybe your device is to b ...

'There is no way to prove what happened after that without further data.'

Are you aware of how much data and unique measuring parameters are stored for each second of the flight in the app log file? They can or cannot provide a reason for the my case, but I would not be so categorical.

'You won't share what DJI told you about their analysis which has you so upset, but you keep referring to it.'

I have a total of 20 e-mails with DJI about my case. Sharing parts of it will not give you the complete picture but only the side I choose to show. What I can share is that I have requested a second opinion from DJI as I was not satisfied at all with the first analysis performed for my case. They took my request into consideration which I appreciate and have managed to turn since the discussion into a productive one. I am currently waiting for a final step to be finalized based on the agreement I have with them. As soon as I have a closure on my case I will let you know.
2016-10-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

adrianr Posted at 2016-10-7 18:38
'There is no way to prove what happened after that without further data.'

Are you aware of how muc ...

"Are you aware of how much data and unique measuring parameters are stored for each second of the flight in the app log file? They can or cannot provide a reason for the my case, but I would not be so categorical."

I am aware of how much data is in the app flight record.
But when it stops recording ... that's it baby.
No more recording, no more data and you're left in the dark wondering what happened - and that goes for DJI's experts too.
2016-10-7
Use props
jmssgro3979
lvl.1

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-10-5 22:55
The logs they need are on your aircraft. The one that you cannot locate. That's where they would b ...

No the flight records are on the phone used to run the DJI go app. and can be uploaded to DJI.
2016-10-8
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a P3A, but for the life of me I don't understand why EVERYONE does not have a trackimo or some other "good" tracking device on their drone. If you are investing over $1,000 in an object spending an extra $130 is cheap insurance. I purchase a whole Kit when I got mine from www.drone-world.com that came with the trackimo. Also since I was new I got insurance on it that covered everything including Flyaways.... If you do get another one FREE ( hopefully ) from DJI or if you decide to pay for one, please do some research and get a good tracker for it. Best of luck to you! PS On the bright side I was buying them when they were 1200 for the P3A....
2016-10-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules