flying problem on 11000 feet to 14000 feet on sea level
1447 5 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daag78
lvl.4
Pakistan

there is an flight issue with Photom 2 vision plus  when goes to the heights mountain area ( altitude 11000 to 14000 feet) and fly  my Photom 2 vision plus after a few feet hight ( 30 t0 80 feet) drone land automatically left and right control is working fine but upward control does not work .
i have try every possible solution but still not work i calibrated many times at that place and GPS locked with 14 satellites . i have buy brand new battery each and every thing fine . my drone work fine and properly on any other place but when i goes to that altitude (11 to 14 thousands feet) its not working
helpo me to solve these issue
thanks
Please Watch this video

2016-10-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

That was an odd flight.  It looked like it had no problem lifting off but why it came down like that is puzzling.  The desent almost looked controlled -- are you sure you have the controller set for mode 2?

Try this calibration procedure on the remote control.  It helped me solve some issues I had in the past:

2016-10-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha daag,

Wow, this is very interesting.  11,000 feet is getting up to the limits of the Phantom 2 max service ceiling above sea level.  It also looks in the video like a hot and windless day at that altitude making the air even thinner.  You then started a pivoting PAN - you began turning around your position without moving forward, backward or sideways.  What happened to you is Vortex Ring State (VRS)!  Look it up on WikiPedia.  I made the entries for quadcopters there so I have a bit of knowledge about VRS.  VRS is also called "descent under power".  That is why you keep pushing the left stick up but the P2 keeps going down.

The P2 V+ is known for going into VRS.  The P3 and P4 Phantoms were redesigned to eliminate VRS.  BTW, if you keep crashing like that your gimbal will separate and the camera ribbon will tear and you have to get another camera.  The Vision + camera is expensive.  You can make a "preventer" out of a paper clip that will hold the gimbal in place in a crash.  Let me know if you want to learn how.  I can post photos.

The best solution for your problem is to learn how to stay out of VRS.  VRS is caused by pushing air down in one place so that there is no more "clean" air to push down against so the P2 can stay up.  The P2 starts to go down and goes down faster and faster no matter how much you push the left stick up.  It is "Descent under power" - descent while applying power to go up.

The solution is simple.  Keep moving up, sideways or forward or backward.  Do not stay in one place and do not go down in one place.  This lateral movement keeps the P2 in "clean" air outside the vortex ring trap.  To land at 11,000 feet in hot air and no wind, you have to come down at about a 45 degree angle, (or so). You can not come straight down until the P2 is 3 to 4 feet above the landing area.  At 3 to 4 feet, you are close enough to the ground that "ground effect" will keep an air cushion under you.  Also, land on something soft like grass or a rug you can throw down on top of the grass.

Hope this helps!  If it does we can help you more, like with the preventer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Oh dang!  I forgot about VRS!  Cetaman is spot on about that and I forgot because I haven't flown my P2's much since i got the P3P.  

My personal experience with VRS had a fairly benign outcome because I had the foresight to put some 3D printed leg extenders on my Phantoms.  Originally I got the extenders to raise up the camera out of the grass and dirt but I found they also acted as a shock absorber in a crash.  The P2V+ in the middle has had two encounters with VRS and the leg extenders did an excellent job of breaking the fall and leaving the Phantom with nothing worse than a grass stain!  

2016-10-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gil Posted at 2016-10-5 01:50
Oh dang!  I forgot about VRS!  Cetaman is spot on about that and I forgot because I haven't flown my ...

Aloha gil,

Was that not a classic, "slow motion" example of VRS?  He should post it on YouTube as an example.  They really have flying challenges up there in them seriously high mountains.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha daag,

Wow, this is very interesting.  11,000 feet is getting up to the limits of the Phantom 2 max service ceiling above sea level.  It also looks in the video like a hot and windless day at that altitude making the air even thinner.  You then started a pivoting PAN - you began turning around your position without moving forward, backward or sideways.  What happened to you is Vortex Ring State (VRS)!  Look it up on WikiPedia.  I made the entries for quadcopters there so I have a bit of knowledge about VRS.  VRS is also called "descent under power".  That is why you keep pushing the left stick up but the P2 keeps going down.

Aloha صبر کا پیکر، واہ، یہ بہت دلچسپ ہے ۔  11,000 فٹ ہے اٹھے پریت 2 زیادہ سے زیادہ خدمت چھت سے سمندر کی سطح کے اوپر کی حدود تک ۔  یہ ویڈیو اس بلندی ہوا بھی پتلی بنانے میں ایک گرم، شہوت انگیز اور وندلیسس دن کی طرح میں بھی لگ رہا ہے ۔  آپ ایک پاووٹانگ پین کو پھر شروع کر دیا - آپ اپنے مقام کے ارد گرد منتقل کیے بغیر آگے، پیچھے یا sideways شروع کیا ۔  تجھے کیا وورٹ انگوٹی ریاست (و) ہے!  تلاش اس ویکیپیڈیا پر ۔  میں وہاں قادکوپٹرس کے لیے اندراجات کو بنایا گیا ہے تو مجھے تھوڑا سا علم و کے بارے میں ہے ۔  و "قدرت کے تحت نزول" بھی کہا جاتا ہے ۔  ہے کیوں آپ بائیں چھڑی کو آگے بڑھانے رکھ لیکن P2 رکھتا ہے رو بہ زوال ہے ۔

The P2 V+ is known for going into VRS.  The P3 and P4 Phantoms were redesigned to eliminate VRS.  BTW, if you keep crashing like that your gimbal will separate and the camera ribbon will tear and you have to get another camera.  The Vision + camera is expensive.  You can make a "preventer" out of a paper clip that will hold the gimbal in place in a crash.  Let me know if you want to learn how.  I can post photos.
P2 V + و میں جانے کے لئے نام سے جانا جاتا ہے ۔  P3 اور P4 پحنٹوم و کے خاتمے کے لیے نئے ڈیزائن کردہ تھے ۔  BTW, آپ اسی طرح جانب ٹوٹتے ہوئے رکھیں اگر آپ گامبال جدا ہو جائیں گے اور کیمرے ربن آنسو گا اور آپ ایک اور کیمرے حاصل کرنے کے لئے ہے ۔  وژن + کیمرے مہنگی ہے ۔  آپ "مانع" سے ایک کاغذ تراشہ ہے جو گامبال جگہ میں ایک حادثے میں منعقد کرے گا کر سکتے ہیں ۔  اگر آپ جاننا چاہیں مجھے بتائیں کہ کس طرح ۔  میں تصاویر پوسٹ کر سکتے ہیں ۔

The best solution for your problem is to learn how to stay out of VRS.  VRS is caused by pushing air down in one place so that there is no more "clean" air to push down against so the P2 can stay up.  The P2 starts to go down and goes down faster and faster no matter how much you push the left stick up.  It is "Descent under power" - descent while applying power to go up.
آپ کے مسئلے کے لئے سب سے بہترین حل و سے باہر رہنے کے لئے کس طرح سیکھنے کے لئے ہے ۔  ہے تاکہ P2 تک رہ سکتے ہیں تو خلاف دھکا کے لئے کوئی زیادہ "صاف" ہوا و آگے بڑھانے ہوا نیچے میں ایک جگہ کی طرف سے کی وجہ سے ہے ۔  P2 جانے کے لئے شروع ہوتا ہے اور تیز اور چاہے کتنی رقم آپ کو بائیں طرف دھکیل تیزی سے نیچے جاتی ہے ۔ چھڑی ۔  یہ اوپر جانا طاقت لگاتے وقت نزول "اقتدار کے تحت نزول" - ہے ۔

The solution is simple.  Keep moving up, sideways or forward or backward.  Do not stay in one place and do not go down in one place.  This lateral movement keeps the P2 in "clean" air outside the vortex ring trap.  To land at 11,000 feet in hot air and no wind, you have to come down at about a 45 degree angle, (or so). You can not come straight down until the P2 is 3 to 4 feet above the landing area.  At 3 to 4 feet, you are close enough to the ground that "ground effect" will keep an air cushion under you.  Also, land on something soft like grass or a rug you can throw down on top of the grass.
اس کا حل آسان ہے ۔  Sideways یا آگے یا پیچھے کر, حرکت پذیر رکھیں ۔  ایک جگہ پر نہ رہ اور ایک جگہ میں نہ جائیں ۔  اس الجہتی تحریک P2 وورٹ رنگ جال سے باہر "صاف" ہوا میں رکھتا ہے ۔  11,000 پاؤں گرم ہوا اور نہ ہوا میں زمین کے لئے، آپ کے بارے میں ایک 45 ڈگری پر زاویہ، آنا پڑے (یا تو) ۔ تین سے چار فٹ لینڈنگ علاقے P2 ہے یہاں تک کہ آپ کر سکتے ہیں براہ راست نیچے نہیں آئے ۔  تین سے چار پاؤں پر آپ قریب کافی "اثر گراؤنڈ" آپ کے تحت ایک فضائی گدی رکھیں گے کہ زمین کے لئے ہیں.  اس کے علاوہ زمین نرم گھاس یا آپ نیچے سب سے اوپر پر گھاس پھینک کر سکتے ہیں ایک موٹے روئیں کا غالیچہ جیسی کسی چیز پر ۔

Hope this helps!  If it does we can help you more, like with the preventer.

Aloha and Drone On!
امید ہے کہ اس کی مدد کرتا ہے!  یہ کرتا ہے تو ہم آپ کو زیادہ، جیسے مزاحم کے ساتھ مدد کر سکتے ہیں ۔  Aloha ڈرون!
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules