Serial Number after shell replacement
4420 16 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dax
lvl.2

Canada

I sent my P3A in for a warranty shell replacement.  Got it back in great turn around time, but there are now no serial numbers on the fuselage.  The camera still has it's serial number, but it's different than the aircraft SN.

Since I have a commercial insurance policy on this aircraft (referenced by the Serial number) it's fairly important to have this on the vehicle.

Is this typical on a shell replacement?
Anybody else been thru this?

I contacted DJI support and got a response of them asking me to take a picture of the issue.  So apparently I guess I'm supposed to take a picture of a serial number that doesn't exist......  So helpful as usual.  

So DJI, how do I reference this aircraft in the future?
2016-10-6
Use props
dax
lvl.2

Canada

Ah yes the ever helpful DJI service team.

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.

Regarding to your concern, for Phantom 3 P/A/4K the serial number is below the battery, above the DJI logo, starting with a letter P.

For any inquiry please do not hesitate to contact us.

Except did I mention there is no serial number!!!
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Dax, would you please provide us your case number? we'd help you look into it.
2016-10-6
Use props
dax
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-6 18:47
Hi Dax, would you please provide us your case number? we'd help you look into it.

The original request is Request #291344 this is the shell being replaced.
The new issue with no serial number has been assigned #306805.

This is my complaint, DJI can't keep the service record in one place and as an end user I get bounced around and have to start from scratch with a new person regarding the same issue.  

My questions or issues get answered with some totally irrelevant piece of information, as if my question never even got read.

I have a different P3A that has been back to DJI 4 times with the same issue.  Each time I have to deal with somebody new.  The issue has been there since it came out of the box on July 4th, and I've had to pay for parts to be replaced that weren't necessary and have had to spend countless hours documenting and proving the problem exists.  At the end of the day I've paid triple price for that P3A and never even been able to use it properly for my business.   Not even once.  

Now I'm looking at moving beyond phantoms for my business and into a Matrice 100 and 600, but if this is the level of service I'm going to expect, forget it, I am completely done with DJI.  Great product, absolutely incredibly disgustingly bad service.

You should invest in your corporate clients more, they are the customers who will spend more, help you develop, and be the ambassadors of your product.  
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dax Posted at 2016-10-7 23:54
The original request is Request #291344 this is the shell being replaced.
The new issue with no se ...

Hi Dax, thank you so much for your details and feedback, really sorry for the inconvenience caused. We'd love to improve our service to you and all other customers.
Thanks again for your supporting and suggestion.
2016-10-7
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-8 04:17
Hi Dax, thank you so much for your details and feedback, really sorry for the inconvenience caused ...

Another question in that regard, is it possible to find out the serial number without having physical access to the drone but having some flight records saved?

I'm currently not at home tho I'd like to enter the SN into the beta program.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

EpicLPer Posted at 2016-10-14 17:40
Another question in that regard, is it possible to find out the serial number without having physi ...

If in that case, please sync your flight record as the following tutorial, and provide me your DJI account username (it's a e-mail address), i'll help you check it once get your reply later.
2016-10-14
Use props
fanscc9e59e7
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-7 09:47

Can you please help me get an update on this issue.

This aircraft is unusable to me without a serial number as I can not insure it for business use without a serial number.  

This issue has been sitting with your support department for close to 3 weeks now without any update.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanscc9e59e7 Posted at 2016-11-2 01:01
Can you please help me get an update on this issue.

This aircraft is unusable to me without a se ...

Really sorry for the trouble caused, will help you escalate what happened and handle it asap.
2016-11-1
Use props
Osprey Aerial
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 15:22
Really sorry for the trouble caused, will help you escalate what happened and handle it asap.

Im at a loss of words as to how disorganized DJI is!!!  Every request I send is met with confusion.

I just got an email from support giving me a serial number of a P3A that I returned to DJI and they replaced with an entirely new vehicle.  Completely irrelevant,  and nothing to do with this support ticket what so ever.  They even told me to use the Serial number when they now own that vehicle.   ??????   How does this make any sense?

The Serial number I need to know about is under CAS-257262-R8W9P6
The P3A was sent in for a cracked shell replacement and sent back to me without any serial number on the shell.

2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Osprey Aerial Posted at 2016-11-5 02:01
Im at a loss of words as to how disorganized DJI is!!!  Every request I send is met with confusion ...

From what I see, they only replaced the bottom shell and no internal components. The serial number of the aircraft itself would not have changed from a shell replacement. The only time that the SN would be replaced for the aircraft itself is when there is a change to the main controller. Since that was not the case, you would use the same SN that you mentioned on Oct 06 at 12:51. It is unfortunate that the SN sticker that was on your original shell was not applied to the new shell, but I hope this clarifies what happened. Is there anything else you need for your drone's insurance purposes?
2016-11-4
Use props
Osprey Aerial
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-5 03:13
From what I see, they only replaced the bottom shell and no internal components. The serial number ...

That does help, thank you.  At least I know I can ref the original SN

Unfortunately my insurance company will not insure without a mfg SN sticker, so I will have to somehow figure that out if I plan to ever use this vehicle for commercial purposes again.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Osprey Aerial Posted at 2016-11-5 03:56
That does help, thank you.  At least I know I can ref the original SN

Unfortunately my insurance  ...

Would documentation confirming the serial number suffice, or are they sticklers for the actual sticker? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, your original box has that SN on it as well, or was this also a replacement unit at some point? I can try to see if there are any additional alternatives.
2016-11-4
Use props
Osprey Aerial
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-5 04:28
Would documentation confirming the serial number suffice, or are they sticklers for the actual stic ...

I have the sticker with the Serial Number from the box, this is the same unit and has not been replaced.

I have contemplated putting the box SN sticker on the UAV, but have been hesitant as this is my only real proof of SN and would hate to loose it too.

The other part of my concern was not knowing how to reference it with DJI if it ever needed further service, so you confirming the original SN is still in place helps alleviate that issue.  Thank-you.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Osprey Aerial Posted at 2016-11-5 05:56
I have the sticker with the Serial Number from the box, this is the same unit and has not been rep ...

You're welcome. I'll see if theres anything that could be provided so you have an extra copy of the SN.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans8804e345
New

India

Sticker of serial number has been damaged and i am not able to read the number moreover i don't have box....so how am i supposed to know the serial no of my phantom 4 pro...

2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans8804e345 Posted at 1-24 00:04
Sticker of serial number has been damaged and i am not able to read the number moreover i don't have box....so how am i supposed to know the serial no of my phantom 4 pro...

You may enter DJI Go 4- General Settings- About, then provide us with the SN of the flight controller so that we may be able to help check the SN of the drone.
2020-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules