Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Antennas on Remote Removable?
2469 10 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtrager
lvl.4
United States

Can anyone tell me if the antennas on the remote are removable?  For those of us who can't fly in a wide open fierld, it's nice to be able to place higher gain antennas on the remote.  For a Pro remote, this should be a must have!
2016-10-8
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Higher gain antennas?  4 miles 6.5km is not enough range?
2016-10-8
Use props
jtrager
lvl.4
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-8 13:15
Higher gain antennas?  4 miles 6.5km is not enough range?

In an open field, yes.  With trees and houses around, NO!
2016-10-8
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

I doubt that the antennas just unscrew due to FCC and CE regulations.  But that does not mean you can't modify the controller if you want.  There are a number of passive reflector devices on the market for the P3 ?P4 controllers that work quite well.  I assume 3rd parties will offer passive reflectors and perhaps upgrade antenna kits.
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The antennas cannot be removed by yourself.
2016-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think messing around with your antennas will void your warranty or dji care, I think judging by reviews Mavic will have plenty of power to keep the drone in line of site.
2016-10-9
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

For a 'Pro' remote it would be illegal.

You would be altering the EIRP of the transmitting device which would violate its FCC or equivalent certification.
2016-10-9
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-9 02:57
The antennas cannot be removed by yourself.

No offense intended but...  Just like DJI has tools and experience to design and assemble drones... Some customers also have tools and experience to dis-assemble and modify drones & controllers.  (And there is a long history with advanced DJI customers making mods.)

While we understand that modifications are NOT covered under any warranty and tampering with the transmitter would violate the FCC part 15 compliance...  Many drone operators also have amateur radio licenses that DO allow them to make such modifications that are perfectly legal under Part 97 of the FCC regulations.

Simply making a statement that "The antennas cannot be removed by your self..." is Naive and simply not true.  DJI customers own tools too.

A more accurate statement might go more like:  "Modifying or tampering with the antennas will void your warranty and violate the Part 15 compliance for the controller.  DJI strongly recommends against tampering with the controller and drone."  That I can respect.

I have no intention, nor feel any need, to modify my DJI drones.  They work fine for my needs.  But others will certianly make mods at their own risk.

2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-10 03:25
No offense intended but...  Just like DJI has tools and experience to design and assemble drones... ...

Hi Fulgerite, thank you so much for that, really a good chance for me to learn more. I'd love to improve myself and be better, thanks again.
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-9 12:25
No offense intended but...  Just like DJI has tools and experience to design and assemble drones... ...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking a look inside the Mavic as soon as it's down waiting on a battery recharge. It's always great to check out the engineering that goes into a high quality product like this. I expect to see some really interesting solutions for vibration damping and great use of the available space inside the body.
2016-10-9
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-9 21:43
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking a look inside the Mavic as soon as it's down waiting on a b ...

The biggest influence on vibration is the prop balance.  Stock props from DJI often are slightly unbalanced resulting in some vibration.  Using a prop balancer and some tape... You can usually improve the balance to the point that vibration is no longer an issue.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules