Samsung S7 and Mavic Pro
10183 62 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HLcompositemode
New

Portugal

MavicUser Posted at 2017-1-3 02:37
I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S7 with my Mavic since I received it... I've only had one app crash when running DJI Go 3.0.1, no issues so far with DJI Go 4..  I've also tried the Wifi mode with the Mavic from my Samsung Galaxy S7, and it connects without any problems.  I've never tried flying with Wifi mode as I find that the controls are too imprecise, and prefer using the Radio Controller for greater range and better control.

Hi this is a concern of mine also. I have a Samsung S7 edge and after reading all that have been said, I´m in doubt if I risk buying this drone :-(
2017-1-3
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I've been using a Samsung S7 Edge with DJI GO 4 and I've had only a few issues... minor, actually.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf4467f95 Posted at 2017-1-2 22:39
I haven t and I can t take another device to 500 euros  to flight the mavic

It s not my job to buy something else to see if it s work

I see, you haven't been able to get your S7 to work for 3 months.
That is a Samsung issue and not a DJI issue.
Back in October is when this started and DJI urged Samsung to resolve the issue.Others have stated it works so possibly a settng on yor device.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MavicUser Posted at 2017-1-3 02:37
I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S7 with my Mavic since I received it... I've only had one app crash when running DJI Go 3.0.1, no issues so far with DJI Go 4..  I've also tried the Wifi mode with the Mavic from my Samsung Galaxy S7, and it connects without any problems.  I've never tried flying with Wifi mode as I find that the controls are too imprecise, and prefer using the Radio Controller for greater range and better control.

Thank you for posting.
2017-1-3
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-10 07:47
The GO app works just fine on Android. The S7 issue is a Samsung issue and not a DJI issue. DJI has already been in contact and has urged them to remedy this.

DJI-Ken,
Are you sure it works "just fine" on Android? I have a Nexus 6P, running vanilla Android (no modifications), and DJI GO 4 blows up if you start the app when the phone is in landscape mode, plus, the app crashes randomly. In theory, the Nexus and Pixel phones should be the most compatible devices available, as those are the devices that Google develops Android FOR, as a base. They are Google branded phones.

I realize that DJI GO 4.x is still pretty new, and a work in progress... But I think saying that it works "just fine" might be a bit of an exaggeration at this time.

For now, I just have to remember to hold my controller sideways when starting GO, and then re-orient it after the app has started.
EDIT: DJI-Ken, I when I posted the above, I did not realize how old your comment was... Back on 10/10, GO 4 was not even available. That said, there ARE currently issues with GO 4, and it would be nice if they could fix the crash on landscape startup.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2017-1-3 07:17
DJI-Ken,
Are you sure it works "just fine" on Android? I have a Nexus 6P, running vanilla Android (no modifications), and DJI GO 4 blows up if you start the app when the phone is in landscape mode, plus, the app crashes randomly. In theory, the Nexus and Pixel phones should be the most compatible devices available, as those are the devices that Google develops Android FOR, as a base. They are Google branded phones.

My post was two months ago and it was working just fine on my Android S6.
Just saw your edit, anyways below is the DJI recommended device list and I only see the 7 ll, and 9.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-1-3
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

I use the S7 not edge on mavic goapp4 just fine.
2017-1-3
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

fansf4467f95 Posted at 2017-1-2 16:28
Nothing happens
The phone does not found the mavic on wifi
Or on my computer the mavic appears to the wifi list connections

I have an S7 (non-Edge) and it's been relatively stable with Go 4 for the past several weeks. I believe there was a Samsung update that seemed to help. I have still had an occasional app crash, but no phone reboots.

I just tested the WiFi mode and my phone was able to see and connect to the Mavic's Wifi, so I'm not sure why that doesn't work for yours.
2017-1-3
Use props
Cruz
lvl.1

United States

Been flying since before Christmas.... at first I had issue with my S7 Edge..... the USB connecting to the phone was not seated fully..... removed the USB from the slider in the RC handle ..... haven't had an issue since..... good luck! Running all of the latest updates for the phone the aircraft and DJIGO4 app.....
2017-1-3
Use props
Johnny2637
New
United Kingdom

I used my s7 with my mavic for the first time today and had numerous issues with the screen flashing and going blank. The app completely crashed on one occasion and I had to perform a return to home on the controller as I couldn't see where my mavic was on the screen. Not the best first day's flying with my mavic. I will try using the usb connection on the controller on the next flight and see how it goes.
2017-3-4
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Have an s7 edge and an iphone 7 for work... always use the samsung when flying my mavic
2017-3-4
Use props
7pGtKjD8I005
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329980 ft
Australia

Hi Ken, I see the Ascend Mate 7 is still on the the DJI recommended device list. I'm currently using that device but I am frustrated because it used to work well with the old DJI go app.... BUT NOT with the new DJI GO 4 app.....It is more difficult to connect, it lags and the video breaks up. It's getting to the point where I'll have to buy an iOS device.....MORE $$$$$ just so i can fly my Mavic. Why is Android so neglected, and with so many Mavics flying out the factory door,there must be a couple of dollars laying around to throw at developing the GO 4 app for Android to the same standard as iOS......... PLEASE!
2017-3-5
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

I have an S7 since Christmas and I've only had one problem that wasn't my fault.  I once had  some kind of weird hang up when swapping between the POV display and the map. (Bottom corner touch.). It froze for about 15 seconds before resetting or rebooting... not sure which.

I did have problems originally, until I realized that I wasn't seating the cable into the phone properly.  Now I always unhitch the cable from the little square bracket in the remote, connect to the phone, and reinsert back into the square bracket.  I also fly with DND on since I don't want people bugging me when I'm flying and auto screen brightness turned off, so maybe that helps too.  Also, as others have pointed out, turn off the fast charging when connected to the remote.  S7 with Verizon, if that matters.

It would be awesome if the Go4 app had the ability to do all of that automatically, but its not that hard with toggles and such.
2017-3-5
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

I use s7 too and have had minimal issues to date
2017-3-5
Use props
airRN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sent my new Mavic up yesterday for the first time using the S7 Edge. Did a livestream and the video was fragmented and disrupted. Is this a phone issue or because I was shooting in 4K?
2017-3-16
Use props
alaska42
First Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that there is a problem with the S7. It happened with a recent 7.0 upgrade. I have had my mavic since December and no problems at all. After the S7 update, it is disconnecting and crashing consistently. So much so that it is a danger to fly. I have download the Litchi app and it has been stable.
2017-3-16
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like we need to have ONE consolidated/Sticky post regarding phone's compatibility/issues. Every time I check the forum, there are many 5 posts about X or Y phone (very often S7...) not working with DJI Go 4 App.
S7 Edge with Nougat OS update= Random App crash, 2 to 3 times during 15 min flight.
Note 3 with MM OS = No crash
S7 Edge with MM OS = No crash

Will test with a S6 and report finding as well.

DJI, maybe you could create a general sticky post for this?
2017-3-16
Use props
kreatikon
lvl.1

Czechia

I ve been using S7 for 3months with Mavic without single crash... no problems whatsoever...
2017-3-16
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kreatikon Posted at 2017-3-16 05:17
I ve been using S7 for 3months with Mavic without single crash... no problems whatsoever...

Nougat OS or MM (Marshmallow)?
2017-3-16
Use props
kreatikon
lvl.1

Czechia

chalde Posted at 2017-3-16 06:53
Nougat OS or MM (Marshmallow)?

My android is 6.0.1 MM, S7 (not edge)
2017-3-17
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kreatikon Posted at 2017-3-17 05:15
My android is 6.0.1 MM, S7 (not edge)

Yeah that's why - Nougat will break the App
2017-3-18
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

airRN Posted at 2017-3-16 03:03
Sent my new Mavic up yesterday for the first time using the S7 Edge. Did a livestream and the video was fragmented and disrupted. Is this a phone issue or because I was shooting in 4K?

I think this is an issue with having it set for higher resolution. I have the same issue and it is set up at 1080. Going to knock it down to 720 this weekend to see how it goes.

I was going to try my S7 but that is my main phone so I am worried that I get a call in the middle of a flight. The S5 has done well besides a few crashes of the app but it seems that is the case with Android. Just wish DJI would make the S7 one of the devices to use as if you are using the phone it may nullify any warranty?
2017-3-18
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Believe me, I am extremely happy for those of you with no problems with the GO4 app and I sad I'm not one of them.  I flew with the S7 for about 2 weeks and it became too unstable.  I now fly with the S5 which is on the list and it's still horrible.  Just got back from a flight and had to use the RTH on the controller as the S5 screen updates just froze (even the map) and I couldn't tell the orientation of the aircraft.  I am certainly not alone as you can see on the Google Play store and the 1 star ratings for GO4 exceed the 5 star ratings.  Most complaints are about phone incompatibility.  While this may not be statistically significant, neither is the forum.  I think one thing is clear is that there is a real problem being had by not just a few users.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules