Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shooting Panoramas
1959 6 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

Hi,
One of the things that piqued my intrest while watching the promo videos was the street artist that was using the Mavic to shoot panoramas.
Then I saw one video where the image aspect ratio could be rotated to portrate mode. For panoramas???
I shoot a lot of these and was curious about the Mavics interface.

Is it a matter of pivoting the drone manually and taking shots?

• It would be nice if I could pick a subject, then hit a 'pano' function
  • Then input two degrees
  • The start point for both angles is the current orientation of the drone.
  • The drone would then pivot and shoot through the range of the two angles to shoot overlapping photos that could be stiched together at a later date.

Could the drone possibly shoot 360 automatically? It would be great to be able to drop the drone on the ground, fly it to a point in the shy, hit a button, and a 360 pano would be shot automatacally, then the drone would return.

2016-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not to sure what's on the program for shooting panos , but litchi app and dronepan have programs in there apps for P4 to auto shoot 360x180 panoramas and I'm sure they will update for mavic dronepan is a free app litchi will set you back $20 they also have programs for mission flying by waypoints.
2016-10-8
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

I agree...  It would be really cool if DJI would add some software magic to let the drone expose 12 overlapping 12MP shots and stitch them...

You can do it manually...  But an automatic mode would be awesome!
2016-10-8
Use props
KLRico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

Airborne 360 panos would be *amazing*!

Edit: What I really mean are the spherical panos. I know the camera tilt is limited to +30 degrees, but automatically capturing as much spherical pano coverage as possible would be awesome.
2016-10-8
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

As an example...
I'm sitting here in my house which is close to the beach, but not on it.
I'm preparing dinner and notice a great sunset outside.
I can't run down to the beach so I take the Mavic outside and turn it on.
Sunsets don't last long so there isn't time to line up a good angle.
I send it straight up to a decent height and hit 'instant pano' and the drone automatically pivots and takes a series of shots in the 360.

It would be nice if the whole process took less then five minutes.
Then I could check out the photos later when I have time and decide what I want to keep, or stitch together in Photoshop.
2016-10-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can use apps to automate Panorama taking but it's very easy to do it yourself and faster doing it manually.
2016-10-9
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

There will also apparently be a facility on the Mavic to have the gimbal rotate 90 degrees to portrait mode to shoot the pano.

The will give a great pano a superb vertical FOV.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules