Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
10204 38 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Guys,My Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view. I note there have been numerous complaints concerning this issue and I am having trouble finding a solution maybe someone out there can help me.Here are the details concerning my situation.
1) Bought new Phantom 3 Professional
2) Got everything connected and no problems flying my machine or video recording.
I was able to use my Iphone 5s (although very restrictive size for flight views) with the Go App no worries.
Now have tried to connect 9.7" Ipad Gen 3 and am unable to get "camera view" only "How to connect" Screen when I select Phantom 3 Pro.
I note that app auto selects Phantom 4 and will give me "camera view" but when I force select the Phantom 3 no go.
I have reconnected Iphone 5S no problems. I go back to iPAD but still no luck. Have reinstalled app several times same issue, have replaced data cables with new but still same issue.
Checked all firmware updated no change now not sure what to do have tried to contact DJI Support but is temporarilly unavailable.
I have read the Gen 3 Ipad is not compatible with Phantom app but as I said it does give "camera view" if I select Phantom 4 so pretty sure this is not my issue.
Please if anyone has a sollution for this it would be appreciated.

2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It can connect to your iPhone 5S properly, which means the remote and aircraft work fine. When you select Phantom 4, you can see "Camera", but it's gray, right? and it shows "How to connect" when choosing Phantom 3 Professional, that means your iPad is not connected to the remote. Maybe incompatibility is caused by it's system.
You could try to reset it through iTunes if convenient, and then check again. Or you could try another order to turn on them.
Besides, the APP is the V3.0, right?
2016-10-8
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Natalia,
Thank you for your response,
You are correct as far as the 5s is concerned and I agree the aircraft works fine but as far as the phantom 4 part is concerned I can see "Camera" but it is blue not grey and if I select it it does in fact go to camera view same as iphone does for Phantom 3 But will not connect to Phantom 3 as expected. I have tried various methods to turn all three on but no change, not sure about your comment V3.0 is this another app I could try?
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

robertatsaenth Posted at 2016-10-9 15:26
Hi DJI Natalia,
Thank you for your response,
You are correct as far as the 5s is concerned and I agr ...

V3.0 is the latest DJI GO APP for IOS device, you could try to delete and re-install it, then check what will happen.
2016-10-8
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

I have just had a conversation with DJI Support online.. not much help but to say is a software issue and I should wait for their next update of firmware... but are not telling me when that may be... they did suggest I try an earlier version of the DJI app
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Robertatsaenth, please help me double confirm the following info, thanks so much.
1.What is the model of your iPad? and the operating system?
2.Would you please access to camera page through your iPad and check the version on "About" page, and provide us a screen shot.
3.Please turn off all devices, then turn on the remote, aircraft, APP one by one.
2016-10-8
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

iPad Model A1430.... Version 9.3.5 (13G36)....
IMG_0001.PNG
2016-10-9
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

have done step 3 as suggested but still same result
2016-10-9
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

DJI App Version 3.0.0
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

robertatsaenth Posted at 2016-10-9 16:20
have done step 3 as suggested but still same result

When you click "Camera" under phantom 4 on your iPad, you get this page, right? how about the iPhone 5S?
According to this screenshot, the mobile device is not connected to the remote.
2016-10-9
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

Yes... Correct  ...If I connect 5S to Phantom 3 it shows what camera sees on phantom 3
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

robertatsaenth Posted at 2016-10-9 16:59
Yes... Correct  ...If I connect 5S to Phantom 3 it shows what camera sees on phantom 3

OK, after testing it with different mobile devices, it seems an incompatibility issue caused by operating system of iPad. Maybe you could try to reset it through iTunes or upgrade IOS system to have a test if convenient. Or it's suggested to use other mobile devices instead firstly.
2016-10-9
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

or try a different lead - or disconnect lead and re plug, works for me when I get this message...
2016-10-9
Use props
untitledshot
  • >>>
Australia

Note : i have the exact same issues with the phantom 3 advanced :

-I can't connect the controller to either an Iphone/Ipad or Google nexus5/galaxy s6.
-I am able to control the drone using the controller BUT the application won't connect to the drone and controller.
-Note : I thought it could be the USB which is damaged, but I have a special micro usb cable that check the voltage, and the usb controller is working just fine.

all happened after upgrading the drone itself.
2016-10-9
Use props
robertatsaenth
lvl.1
Australia

IOS of Ipad is the latest version available have reset Ipad 2 times to "first time set up" no luck... will have to purchase another mobile device to try but not sure that will work....
Here is an interesting thing tho... My friend just visited with his Phantom 4 and my Ipad connects to it no problems.... now it would appear DJI Software is a problem will try earlier version of DJI go app and see if that fixes problem....will keep you advised..
Thanks for your help
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

untitledshot Posted at 2016-10-9 17:33

Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it? the firmware for aircraft, remote and APP is up to date, right?
Please try to reboot all devices, you could turn on remote firstly, then aircraft and APP.
When using Samsung, please enable USB debugging and MTP mode.
2016-10-9
Use props
untitledshot
  • >>>
Australia

Natalia, I tried on 4 different devices with the app v3.0.0.
The issue started when I upgraded the drone. The controller does not go into upgrade mode (e.g. tried with phone, 2 different usb sticks).

It's either an issue with software or hardware on the device. But looking at the fact that (1) this started after firmware update and (2) I am not the only one having this issue (3) Usb seems to charge ok, this would led me to think that the issue is software.

Do you have any debugging tool we could use (e.g. using the micro usb on the remote) ?

2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

untitledshot Posted at 2016-10-9 20:09
Natalia, I tried on 4 different devices with the app v3.0.0.
The issue started when I upgraded the d ...

As you mentioned " The controller does not go into upgrade mode", do you still remember the currently firmware version since we could not check it on the app now.
Please try to reset the remote by press C1+C2+Shutter button at the same time, then restart your device.
2016-10-9
Use props
Aussie_John
New

Australia

Hi DJI (if you are listening)

as all the posters here and on many other forums/threads have mentioned and now I am having this exact same problem - and now it is April 2017 and DJI has not resolved this issue in any of their updates!
I have upgraded my bird to 1.10.90 yesterday and now none of my devices (iPad mini (latest update), iPhone6 (latest update),  or Galaxy J5 (5.0.0) will connect to the RC camera - exactly as the untitledshot image in this thread above. Because of this I cannot update the RC firmware and as DJI in their wisdom has now decided that the firmware can only be upgraded via the App I cannot even do that. I suspect that the issue was caused by the FW update on the bird yesterday to 1.10.90 as that is when all this started. Prior to this update all devices worked OK with the RC meaning that there is no problem with the leads or the devices.

I have also tried the C1+C2+Shutter button procedure and that brought up the blue light but when I restarted the RC the issue is still there.

As I like many others use this device for my videography business I am amazed that DJI doesn't place some degree of priority into resolving this issue as the affected devices are now nothing more than a 'brick'.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans75a1199f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-9 02:07
Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it? the firmware for aircraft, remote and APP is up to date, right?
Please try to reboot all devices, you could turn on remote firstly, then aircraft and APP.

Hi Natalia
How do I enable USB debugging?
Thanks
Phill
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans75a1199f Posted at 2017-4-6 21:13
Hi Natalia
Thanks

Phill, the way to enable it may different for mobile devices, please search it online, hope this link helps: https://www.google.com.hk/?gfe_r ... able+USB+debugging+
2017-4-7
Use props
SpartanNo7
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, first post here, but really need help.

I've bought a second hand Phantom 3 Advanced, and like OP, I cannot get the app to recognise that the RC has been connected. I only see the "How to Connect" option. The RC charges when connected to my device, but doesn't give me the "Camera" option. Every device I've used, along with cables, have been tested as working with a friends Phantom 3 RC. So far:

- I've used a Pixel XL/Samsung Galaxy S6/Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
- Drone has been updated to v1.10.90 successfully.
- Tried upgrading firmware on RC via USB stick, MicroSD with adapter and connecting directly to drone, none of which seem to work. No report of success or failure left on the card or stick. No blue light on controller. (All formatted before dropping the firmware onto them)
- Uninstalled, and reinstalled app on all devices, no change. Device just charges, no Camera option.
- Swapped coms board with friends working RC, but no difference. Coms board confirmed working on friends RC.
- Tried the C1+C2+Rec on/off reset, but no difference.

And probably plenty of other things that I've forgotten to mention. Any other ideas? I'm concerned my £400 was wasted, and I'm not exactly loaded.

I tried the DJI chat yesterday, which lasted a couple of hours, and seemed to be nothing more than the guy sending me links to Youtube videos that I've already studied.
2017-4-7
Use props
Phill2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-7 00:11
Phill, the way to enable it may different for mobile devices, please search it online, hope this link helps: https://www.google.com.hk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=WEnnWMLGIIjM8gfDlYuADg#safe=strict&q=how+to+enable+USB+debugging+

Thanks Natalia
I did find it online and it's made a huge difference.
Thanks for the tip.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phill2 Posted at 2017-4-17 22:05
Thanks Natalia
I did find it online and it's made a huge difference.
Thanks for the tip.

My pleasure, hope you have great time on flying the drone!
2017-4-17
Use props
timbo779
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I'm having some issues with my connection as well...details below.

I had about 15 flights on my Phantom 3 Advanced in a 2 month period at the end of 2016.  I was unavailable to use my drone for 4 months and when I turned it on this week I was prompted for firmware updates.  I successfully updated Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.10.90 on my A/C but think that the R/C upgrade was somehow interrupted.  There is now a slow red blink on the R/C when it is turned on, indicating a critical error, and there is no connection to the DJI Go App to allow me to assess or re-try the R/C upgrade.  I am able to force a connection to my A/C, where I have control of the gimbal and motors; however, the LED status light on the controller flashes green (slowly) rather than maintaining a solid green light.  

Since I am unable to connect to DJI Go I attempted to re-install or rollback Firmware v1.3.20 on the R/C in an attempt to get the unit back to its minimum software needs, thinking I might then be able to conduct the necessary and more recent updates through the DJI Go app.  To do this I placed the '.bit' file in the root drive of a formatted usb thumbnail connected directly to the R/C.  I believe I was able to reset the R/C using the "C1+C2+video recording" buttons, waiting for the beeps before pressing the iso dial, at which point the R/C LED light turned blue but continued to blink and beep, simultaneously.  After about 30-40 minutes the beeping stopped but the light turned back to a blinking red.  After manually linking the A/C and the R/C, the green blinking light returned to the R/C but I am able to control the gimbal and motors as mentioned.  I presume I could fly the drone at this time but I have not tried as I'd prefer not to fly blind.

I have tried multiple iOS devices, updated (and uninstalled / re-installed) the latest DJI Go app, and used multiple cables but it appears to be an issue with the usb port of the R/C that prevents the connection.  A USB port issue may have also prevented the attempt to rollback the A/C to v1.3.20 for the purposes of connecting to the app to complete the subsequent updates.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated as I'm on holidays and a grounded drone makes for a frustrated photographer!

Thanks,
Tim  
2017-4-18
Use props
fansabee619c
New

United States

SpartanNo7 Posted at 2017-4-7 02:05

I've bought a second hand Phantom 3 Advanced, and like OP, I cannot get the app to recognise that the RC has been connected. I only see the "How to Connect" option. The RC charges when connected to my device, but doesn't give me the "Camera" option. Every device I've used, along with cables, have been tested as working with a friends Phantom 3 RC. So far:

I'm having the same issues.  I picked up a broken P3 Advanced from a nephew and fixed it.  The set screw  on one of the axles had come loose.  I HAVE flown it "Line of Sight" and controlled P3 and the camera, but never got DJI Go to connect.  I upgraded all four of my batteries' firmware to v1.10.90 from a micro SD but was not able to upgrade firmware on RC.  I tried several different thumb drives and never saw the blue light.  

Now I can't start the motors from the RC - however, I CAN still control the camera.

Remember, I have never had the DJI Go give me a "Camera" option, so upgrading via DJI Go isn't an option yet.  I've re-installed DJI Go five times so far on an iPhone 6s.

If this is, in fact, a DJI Go app or a firmware problem, please let us all know, so we can stop banging our heads against the wall trying to alleviate these issues on our own:-)

We really do appreciate your attention on this matter
2017-5-30
Use props
fans13b483d7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431585 ft
Australia

As above. I am having the exact same issues. My Phantom 3 Professional hasn't worked since the firmware update at the end of 2016. (v1.10.90) As soon as I did that update I haven't been able to fly since, as nothing connects. The aircraft works fine, as does the RC, but I cannot get them to link together, nor can I get any other message on the APP other than How to Connect As I cannot connect, I simply cannot get past this part of the process.

So have I tried the APP on other devices, you bet I have.
Galaxy Note 4 (worked perfectly on this device until I updated the firmware, no longer works on this device)
My wifes Galaxy S7 nothing - same result
My daughters iPhone 5S again nothing.
My brothers iPhone (not sure of model, but he bought it new this year, so a very recent model - again wont work.
iPad - wont work
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 version - again nothing.

Have I tried different USB cables - again yes I have

Tried four different USB cables, including the one that came with the machine - again cannot get past 'How to Connect' on the APP so cannot get into camera view..

Why are DJI telling us there isn't a problem, when CLEARLY there is. I have a science degree (doesn't make me a tech genius, by any means, but does show I have some degree of intelligence, yet everything I have tried simply will not work.

DJI you need to fix this, thousands of people have paid you millions of dollars for your products, which have your Firmware installed on them, and they simply DO NOT WORK. Its time to sort this, I have spent a day and a half trying every solution I have been given by tech support, and have watched somewhere in the region of 60+ videos on YouTube, all to no avail.
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

untitledshot Posted at 2016-10-9 01:33

[view_image]

That is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I have an older wifi only iPad.
I am upgrading to a newer version of the iPad and hopefully this will fix my problem.
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-9 02:07

Natalia, how do you tell what version of the GO app you have?
If I delete my app and the download it again, aren't I going to get the same version?
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

fans75a1199f Posted at 2017-4-6 21:13
Hi Natalia
Thanks

Phill, what is USB debugging?
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

timbo779 Posted at 2017-4-18 08:13
Hello,

I'm having some issues with my connection as well...details below.

Tim, I have been in the same boat as you and it is becoming clear that this is a HUGE problem and it doesn't seem like DJI is interested in fixing it.
I think I am just going to mothball my 3 Advanced until they fix this thing and go back to flying my P3S.
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

SpartanNo7 Posted at 2017-4-7 02:05

You and me and everybody else.  People are really getting mad as it's becoming clear that this is a huge problem. And all DJI does is put people like Natalia out there to field questions and give tired old answers that don't work.
I got tired of the limited range of my P3S and got an Advanced, joyously looking forward to the super range and now I can't even hook up the controller to the drone.
There are ALOT of angry guys out there.
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

fansabee619c Posted at 2017-5-30 08:12
I'm having the same issues.  I picked up a broken P3 Advanced from a nephew and fixed it.  The set screw  on one of the axles had come loose.  I HAVE flown it "Line of Sight" and controlled P3 and the camera, but never got DJI Go to connect.  I upgraded all four of my batteries' firmware to v1.10.90 from a micro SD but was not able to upgrade firmware on RC.  I tried several different thumb drives and never saw the blue light.  

Now I can't start the motors from the RC - however, I CAN still control the camera.

They don't seem to want to do anything. They just put Natalia out here to give the same tired old answers and suggestions that don't work.
2017-6-20
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
United States

fans13b483d7 Posted at 2017-6-20 20:05
As above. I am having the exact same issues. My Phantom 3 Professional hasn't worked since the firmware update at the end of 2016. (v1.10.90) As soon as I did that update I haven't been able to fly since, as nothing connects. The aircraft works fine, as does the RC, but I cannot get them to link together, nor can I get any other message on the APP other than How to Connect As I cannot connect, I simply cannot get past this part of the process.

So have I tried the APP on other devices, you bet I have.

Lotsa luck to all of us. In the meantime it's mothballs for my Advanced until they fix this thing.... which they don't seem to be in a hurry to do.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-6-20 20:56
Natalia, how do you tell what version of the GO app you have?
If I delete my app and the download it again, aren't I going to get the same version?

When running dji go app, you can check the version number on "About" page.
Here is the screenshot for your reference: 版本英语.png
2017-6-23
Use props
NoelCc
New
Australia

Hey guys what was the resolution here? My mini iPad won't connect to DJI go yet my android phone does. The RC connects to the bird and can fly?
2017-7-15
Use props
NoelCc
New
Australia

NoelCc Posted at 2017-7-15 23:42
Hey guys what was the resolution here? My mini iPad won't connect to DJI go yet my android phone does. The RC connects to the bird and can fly?

Can someone help pease. This frustrating
2017-7-17
Use props
powervideo
Flight distance : 192313 ft
Australia

My P3P hasn't flown since mid-2016 when I upgraded the firmware.  Killed it instantly.  I've now got a P4 and a P4P but would love to resolve this connectivity issue so I can sell my P3P.  Like everyone here I have tried multiple USB cables, multiple mobile devices and multiple un-install/installs of the DJI Go App.  Plus....switching out the USB module.

It seems DJI either:
A) doesn't know what the fix is and won't commit the resources to fix the issue.
B) knows what the problem is and doesn't want to tell owners that the only way to fix the issue is to return thousands of these affected units to DJI.
C) doesn't really care about these older Phantom systems and hopes the problem will go away as people trash their obsolete investments and upgrade.
2017-7-25
Use props
Asim501398
New

powervideo Posted at 2017-7-25 01:11
My P3P hasn't flown since mid-2016 when I upgraded the firmware.  Killed it instantly.  I've now got a P4 and a P4P but would love to resolve this connectivity issue so I can sell my P3P.  Like everyone here I have tried multiple USB cables, multiple mobile devices and multiple un-install/installs of the DJI Go App.  Plus....switching out the USB module.

It seems DJI either:

Hi. DJI,

I am having the same problem as many mentioned above. For the last two day I have been crazily trying to resolve this issue. I have searched may videos on YouTube but no luck. I have two phone that tried to connect my Phantom 3 Professional with.

I have Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Both show the camera view for Inspire drones but no camera view for Phantom 3 drones.

I tried the DJI Go App on iPhone 8 Plus and iPad 3s as well but on iPhone products it don't show camera view for any of the DJI products. Therefore, I am under the impression that DJI Go app is corrupted and DJI should fix this app from theri end or if you have a solution then please provide the gudance so, I could connect my phone with drone. I am attaching the screen shots of my Samsung Galaxy S 8 Plus phone for your review.

Asim Malik
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules