Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nexus 4 compatibility with RC
1338 4 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amcdon
New

United States

I've already pre-ordered but I was taking another look through the specs and noticed that the RC only fits phones up to a maximum thickness of 8.5mm. So to be sure, I looked up the specs of my Nexus 4 and found that it's .6mm too thick (9.1mm). Does anyone know what the material is inside of where the phone sits? Is it soft so I could wiggle my phone in so it fits? Or is it hard plastic? Just wondering if there's some margin in that 8.5mm max thickness since my phone is so close.

On another note, anyone have any idea (based on experiences with the P3 or P4) if the Nexus 4 can even handle this task as far as performance? I saw DJIKen mention in another thread that the P4 can be used with the second generation Nexus 7 tablet which has the same internals as the Nexus 4. I'm in the market for another phone soon anyway but I would still like to know if I should move that timeline up.

Thanks all.
2016-10-8
Use props
amcdon
New

United States

Just bumping for some visibility. Would really like an answer on this because I'll need to get a new device to use if mine won't work and I'd like to start that process sooner rather than later. Thanks!
2016-10-10
Use props
djiuser_SypiSvSvFfAK
lvl.1

Canada

Did you ever find out? I, too, have a nexus 4
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_SypiSvSvFfAK Posted at 2018-8-1 19:45
Did you ever find out? I, too, have a nexus 4

Hi, sorry about the inconvenience,  I would like to clarify if you're trying to connect your phone to the RC? Do we have an option to use a recommended device? As the Nexus 4 is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app and we cannot ensure if our application will work on the specific mobile device. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-2
Use props
jsdhornby
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-2 12:16
Hi, sorry about the inconvenience,  I would like to clarify if you're trying to connect your phone to the RC? Do we have an option to use a recommended device? As the Nexus 4 is not yet optimized with our DJI GO 4 app and we cannot ensure if our application will work on the specific mobile device. Please keep us posted for further help.

Thanks, Tony for your reply. I had been hoping to hear from the original poster to find out if he had made his Nexus 4 work with the Spark. I do, however, understand that DJI does not list the Nexus 4 as compatible.
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules