Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic - Intelligent flight modes?
14975 12 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

hello all

i cant find any detailed information on the maveric pro intelligent flight modes. i am aware that you get some new modes, but can it do waypoint and course lock too?

thank you!

2016-10-9
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

In addition to TapFly, Active Track, & Gestures; the MAVIC Intelligent Flight Modes include Course Lock, Home Lock, Point of Interest (POI), Follow Me and Waypoints. Like the P4, Course Lock and Home Point lock helps to lock the orientation of aircraft so that the user can focus more on other operations. Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints mode enable aircraft to fly automatically according to the pre-set flight maneuvers. The new modes begin around 2:30 in this DJI introductory video:

2016-10-9
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Also, can't remember what it's called, but it will follow the terrain. So if you encounter a hill it'll keep the set altitude instead of crashing into the hill.
2016-10-9
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jake X380 & P3S Posted at 2016-10-9 21:00
Also, can't remember what it's called, but it will follow the terrain. So if you encounter a hill it ...

Terrain Follow mode keeps the MAVIC at a pilot defined height above the terrain as the terrain rises. See the above video at 2:51 for an example of Terrain Follow.
2016-10-9
Use props
uoXG9VmQXgol
lvl.2
Switzerland

thanks a lot for the info!

2016-10-9
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

http://www.dji.com/mavic

Under; Powerful, Creative, Easy, Worry-Free Learn More sections (Link above) you will find pretty much ALL of the basic info!

"This obstacle avoidance system is activated in every Intelligent Flight Mode including all ActiveTrack modes, TapFly and Terrain Follow"

Creative - Profile, Spotlight. Gesture mode for follow and selfies. Tripod mode sets speed at 2.2mph
Easy - Fly By Phone, Tapfly, Spotlight, Profile and Circle.
Worry Free -Level Headed: Terrain follow function follows uphill, someone said support said this does not work downhill yet. Limit is 9ft-33ft.

Easy -At Your Command, Sport mode seems to turn off most of those modes passing the 22mph intelligent mode limit, up to 40mph.

2016-10-10
Use props
fanse33c6ec0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1535 ft
United States

D&G Posted at 2016-10-10 01:00
http://www.dji.com/mavic

Under; Powerful, Creative, Easy, Worry-Free Learn More sections (Link above) you will find pretty much ALL of the basic info!

I tried tap-fly with the Mavic Pro. Just across the yard, I tapped on a tree. It flew straight into it. Bummer. Luckily it wasn't damaged, except on propeller was a little cracked and scuffed but still working without replacement. So what happened there? Obstacle avoidance was turned on, and I have seen it work in manual flight mode. Why did the Mavic just fly right into this tree?
2017-1-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

fanse33c6ec0 Posted at 2017-1-24 12:26
I tried tap-fly with the Mavic Pro. Just across the yard, I tapped on a tree. It flew straight into it. Bummer. Luckily it wasn't damaged, except on propeller was a little cracked and scuffed but still working without replacement. So what happened there? Obstacle avoidance was turned on, and I have seen it work in manual flight mode. Why did the Mavic just fly right into this tree?

I turn it off, just a hassle to have on most of the time because facing the sun sets it off. Check out Micheal Kincaid video on youtube on the avoidance. He tested on things like garden hose and it couldn't see that. More people avoidance while low.

I'm not sure what the p4 pro can do, but that looks like it'll make people happy who fly thousand+ dollar craft without thinking. Mavic is more elite imo. They could have done without the forward sensors, it's not very useful. Think you either do it all the way or make it more compact, longer flight times.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans860f974c
New

United States

follow me on magic doesn't work me
2017-2-22
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i am new ..this week came my mavic but i cant find where are modes ...can someone tell me please?
2017-3-26
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Tealk Posted at 2017-3-26 06:39
i am new ..this week came my mavic but i cant find where are modes ...can someone tell me please?

Hi.

here is a link to the app, perhaps not the latest one but a good start I would say.

http://fromwhereidrone.com/dji-g ... -every-menu-button/

I don't know if you have flied before or not but are you perhaps in beginner mode?
If so there will not be any other modes.

Have you enabled multiple flight modes?
You might start with something else before entering this modes.....it might be a very short while your thing is working (No offence)

Happy flying
2017-3-26
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

Bottom right side of your DJI Go 4 app, has an icon that looks somewhat like a controller.  Kind of like a round edge square, with two vertical lines on top, like antennas.  Tap that and then scroll left for more Intelligent flight modes.
2017-5-20
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

On my screen I can't see the icon....
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules