DJI Go App - Battery Percentage
1381 3 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dannyb81666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

My question is regarding the battery level in the DJI Go app. Lipos need 20% capacity remaining to perform well ... Does the DJI go app take the 20% into account? as in 0% is really 20% left ? or do we have to land with 20% battery as reported by the app ..

2016-10-9
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I take no notice whatsoever of the percentage value since it is never accurate.
Fly by voltage which is absolute and not estimated.

Fly until around 3.4v per cell under load and then allow time for rebound. This will keep your cells at nominal of around 3.7v
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-10-9 14:13
Personally I take no notice whatsoever of the percentage value since it is never accurate.
Fly by vo ...

What percentage is usually indicated when you hit 3.4v?

Have you found what voltage it forces a landing at? I'm curious how deep dji discharges their batteries... I manage my R/C plane and helicopter packs like you, I set a timer to end the flight before getting anywhere near 3v under load.

I've seen more than a few people on youtube flying until a landing is forced. I think relying on the LVC to know when to end a flight overdischarges them pretty badly and will kill a pack in no time.
2016-10-9
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-10 06:50
What percentage is usually indicated when you hit 3.4v?

Have you found what voltage it forces a l ...

You are correct, I only use the percentage as a general guide, and terminate the flight by battery voltage, 3.4 as the other poster stated is a good number. This allows the battery to rebound to 3.7 or so. Over discharging a LiPo is one of the faster ways to kill it.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules