OSMO 4K FOOTAGE IS GRAINY
7189 13 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bv3wpUtouSTb
New

I shot a bunch of awesome daylight footage yesterday around town, came home to edit and all the 4K footage is grainy.

Please help.

This is the link to a scrrenshot of footage showing in FCPX.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr0533 ... 50.08%20PM.png?dl=0
2016-10-9
Use props
davejmer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329140 ft
United States

Are you using Osmo mobile or other?
2016-10-9
Use props
shotbysara
New

davejmer@yahoo. Posted at 2016-10-10 10:03
Are you using Osmo mobile or other? If it's the Osmo Mobile, make sure you don't make the mistake I  ...

Its just the regular OSMO with the X3.
2016-10-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

shotbysara Posted at 2016-10-11 07:11
Its just the regular OSMO with the X3.

Hi, is all your footage grainy? are you using the standard sd card the osmo came with?
2016-10-10
Use props
shotbysara
New

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-11 07:27
Hi, is all your footage grainy? are you using the standard sd card the osmo came with?

Not all my 4K footage just some. Yes original SD.
2016-10-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

shotbysara Posted at 2016-10-11 07:30
Not all my 4K footage just some. Yes original SD.

Ok, I thought I read on your first post 'all' 4k was grainy, anyway did you try lower resolutions to see what that was like? with the 4k clips that are grainy did you change any settings before you shot those clips, like fps etc?
2016-10-10
Use props
shotbysara
New

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-11 07:43
Ok, I thought I read on your first post 'all' 4k was grainy, anyway did you try lower resolutions  ...

I'm sorry, I was just so upset I was out filming most of the day Saturday, come home and my favorite shots are grainy. Not "all" but a majority of my videos are very grainy.

These are the setting I used the entire day. I never touched them. So good and bad footage was with these settings

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/stn2h ... LsHB3BM7yNsg9a?dl=0
2016-10-10
Use props
Ebaez12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118888 ft
United States

davejmer@yahoo. Posted at 2016-10-9 22:03
Are you using Osmo mobile or other? If it's the Osmo Mobile, make sure you don't make the mistake I  ...

All my "4K" media was grainy cuz obviously the dji go app downgrades the resolution. (This is the answer I've been looking for). So now all your "4K" media is saved on your phone and PC as its proper resolution and not in 720p like the dji go app saves it?
2016-10-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

shotbysara Posted at 2016-10-11 08:24
I'm sorry, I was just so upset I was out filming most of the day Saturday, come home and my favori ...

The settings look fine, maybe the only thing is I can suggest that you set the anti-flicker to auto, this probably won't make any difference, but worth a shot.
Do you have another sd card to try?
Also at times high shutter speed can cause strange effects on the recordings.
Or simply you may have a defective unit.  
2016-10-11
Use props
digitalmediaeli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

Render a short clip and see if its still grainy.  I edit 4k form my Inspire in FCPX, and its grainy during the edit because of background processing. It usually clears up after the reailtime processes finish, or when I pause the video.  It never shows up in the final file.  Not sure if that is what you are experiencing.  Render the footage and check.
2016-10-11
Use props
Madhusudan
New
India

facing the same problem
2017-4-14
Use props
fanscef2e837
New

United States

I’m also having the same problem. It’s all of my videos. In every lighting situation and I’m a professional photographer and videographer. I was hoping somewhere along the way I could find a cause in import or expert settings in premiere pro, a better sd card, different settings. I’ve tried everything to no avail. I have tried every type of natural and artificial lighting with the same results.

Anyone figure out the issue?
2019-5-8
Use props
fanscef2e837
New

United States

I’m also having the same problem. It’s all of my videos. In every lighting situation and I’m a professional photographer and videographer. I was hoping somewhere along the way I could find a cause in import or expert settings in premiere pro, a better sd card, different settings. I’ve tried everything to no avail. I have tried every type of natural and artificial lighting with the same results.

2019-5-8
Use props
fanscef2e837
New

United States

2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules