Received Used Battery to Replace Dead New Battery
1087 4 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pDe8W7hTmlyB
New
Flight distance : 4344 ft

I bought a new Phantom 4 in a combo deal from Newegg that included 2 extra batteries plus the charging hub. First thing I did after opening the box was plug in the batteries into the charging hub and found that one of them was dead. Went through the whole convoluted return process with DJI, including sending them video of the battery in the charger, pictures, multiple forms over email and as Word files, etc. They eventually asked me to return the dead one and they sent me a replacement. But the replacement I got is obviously used based on external wear on the case, but that's just cosmetic. The bigger issue is that the DJI GO app reports that the replacement battery already has 10 cycles on it.

I completely understand that a warranty replacement can include refurbished components if you're sending back a used component that failed within the warranty period. But this was a completely brand new, never before used, just pulled out of the new box, component that was dead on arrival. Why should I receive a used replacement for a new component?
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your case number and the SN of the battery? I'll help to look into it.
2016-10-9
Use props
Stickhog
New
Flight distance : 4344 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-10 09:50
Sorry for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your case number and the SN of the batte ...

Thank you Mindy.
The case number was: CAS-260913-P0B2K0.
The serial number of the replacement battery is: 082AD2503106GV.
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stickhog Posted at 2016-10-10 11:21
Thank you Mindy.
The case number was: CAS-260913-P0B2K0.
The serial number of the replacement batt ...

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.
2016-10-9
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just went through the same process, and the battery i recieved also shows usage, dirty, dings, rub marks... yet the app shows 0 charges
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules