P3 Pro Compass Error, Exit P-GPS Mode.
2178 14 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ty.thorsen
lvl.1

United States

I currently have two aircraft, P3A and P3P.  My P3A flies like a dream, never having had a problem.  Because of this experience, I have recommended it to my father, who I have now bought a P3P for.  I have updated downloaded the app, updated the firmware, and checked the text file generated on the sd card for proper installation.  I took the P3P a local field and calibrated both the IMU (status screen said that IMU calibration was required) and the compass.  Everything appeared to be ok, so I took off...

After about 10 second of flying, the app said "Atti-Mode" and the aircraft began veering hard in one direction.  I brought it back in manually.  I turned everything off and back on again, recalibrated everything, and rechecked the firmware versions (all looked good).  I took off a second time, staying lower to the ground and flying a few circular patterns.  I figured out the the aircraft turns to "Atti-Mode" everytime it faces west, and until you turn it nearly 180 degrees the opposite way, it will stay in atti-mode.

Concerned that this problem may be because of the area I was in (an open field), I took out my P3A, flew it for 20+minutes in all directions, and had zero problems.

What can I do about my P3P switching to atti-mode when it faces west?  I cannot in good-faith give this to my father, as he would end up having a fly-away...
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI email account?
I'll help to check it.
2016-10-9
Use props
ty.thorsen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-9 23:54
Hi, could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI email account?
I'll help  ...

The records should be synced to the account:
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ty.thorsen Posted at 2016-10-11 05:40
The records should be synced to the account:

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll help to check your flight records and I have moved away your email account.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I have checked your flight records.
There's compass compass interference.
Could you please try to fly in another open filed and remember to do the compass calibration again?
2016-10-10
Use props
ty.thorsen
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-10 20:56
I have checked your flight records.
There's compass compass interference.
Could you please try to f ...

Thanks for checking; I do see the compass error once I begin to fly, which is when the P3P announces "Atti-mode."  I had re-calibrated multiple times with no change.  I will try to calibrate again at another field tomorrow and give you feedback.

The only odd point I find with all of this is that my P3A flies perfectly, and was calibrated in the same location on the same day...
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ty.thorsen Posted at 2016-10-11 12:48
Thanks for checking; I do see the compass error once I begin to fly, which is when the P3P announc ...

If the error persists, please keep us posted.
2016-10-10
Use props
userb9ff932b11
New

United Kingdom

Hey

I am also having the same problem on my p3 pro, I thought it was a firmware problem as it started after doing the upgrade to latest version so I downgraded and it's still comes up with compass error. The same as you when I turn the quad away from me it goes in the atti mode and comes up compass error but when I turn it 180 degree back facing me it goes back flashing green and holds GPS. I was given the p3 pro as a gift and the person who brought it no longer lives in the UK so can't get receipt of him to take back. Left with a expensive paper weight in till I can figure it out. Keep me posted if your manage to fix yours
2016-10-11
Use props
JammieDodger
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-11 07:04
If the error persists, please keep us posted.

Hey i'm also having this dme problem
2016-10-12
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Ive been having this issue for ages on my P34K, its currently at their repair centre
2016-10-12
Use props
JammieDodger
New

United Kingdom

simondobbins Posted at 2016-10-12 12:00
Ive been having this issue for ages on my P34K, its currently at their repair centre

Keep me posted what they say is wrong with it
2016-10-12
Use props
kdalley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 602329 ft
Canada

Hi
I have a P3 4K as well and as soon as I updated the firmware and tried to fly I also ran into the same issues. Compass error, Max distance reached when only about 30 meters away and at about 20 meters altitude.
The drone also went west and it took some time to bring it back to land. Did a IMU calibration and Compass calibration and made sure max distance was unchecked. Tried it again and the same thing happened again.
This all came about immediately after the firmware upgrade.

2016-10-12
Use props
kdalley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 602329 ft
Canada

kdalley Posted at 2016-10-13 06:11
Hi
I have a P3 4K as well and as soon as I updated the firmware and tried to fly I also ran into th ...

I did a IMU calibration another couple of times and appears to have cleared up the compass issue. Now I have another unrelated issue. I have a screamer...motor that emits a high pitch noise. It is now on the self imposed grounded list as I could see when landed that the speed of the prop was slower than that of the other 3. Immediately ordered a replacement motor.
2016-10-13
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

JammieDodger Posted at 2016-10-12 22:29
Keep me posted what they say is wrong with it

Hi,

Just got word back from DJI as to the problem the the craft.. The following needed replaced, i would assume then its a fault in the model.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 13.40.45.png
2016-10-18
Use props
ty.thorsen
lvl.1

United States

I have had a bit of poor weather recently, so today was the first day I was able to get out and about to retest the P3P.  I redid the IMU and the compass multiple times... with ZERO changes.  Each time the craft faces a certain direction, no matter where I am, it continues to have the Compass Error, and shifts to "Atti-Mode."  Latest flight logs have been uploaded, but they are all short flights as my P3P was impossible to control when it switched to Attimode today.  My wife recorded some video of its problems on her phone, so hopefully I can post it somehow.  About to send back to Amazon and move on, unless there is another route like sending it to DJI...
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules