Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why's Mavic more expensive in EU ?
5040 9 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvanhaastrecht
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi there,

DJI well done on the Mavic !! One thing bothers me do, why's the Mavic Pro 340 dollars more expensive in the EU compared to US ?

US: $ 999,-
EU: $ 1339,-

Thats 34% more ! DJI please explain (or adjust price).

Kind Regards,
Bastiaan

2016-10-10
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

They don't call it Rip-off Britain for nothing.

Soo glad I left that place...

Remember the low 'VAT' to pay for the war that "will never be increased" and which has increased repeatedly and is now about 20%? Well that could account for 20%, but where the other 14% comes from I'm not sure.

DJI?
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not charge anything extra, if there are extra charges it is not from DJI and it's from your government.
2016-10-10
Use props
ali.pensionhaus
Austria

Various VAT levels & Import Duty within the EU. Sorted by the supplier and you just see the final figure. Buy one from the US and have it sent to the UK or other EU country and you are likely to get stung Custom Charges. Go to the US, buy it yourself, use it there and you will probably get away with it.

Prices can vary from country to country. As a motorcyclist I can tell you Austria where I live is considerably more expensive for Cars and Motorcycles than say the UK. Then again, a couple of Scandinavian Countries are that much more expensive again.

It is just the way of the world. The beauty about the EU is that you can buy from a source anywhere in the EU and not be subjected to import duty on most things. Unfortunately that does not include cars and motorcycles which are subject to Nova and Import Duty here that makes it not worthwhile. Even import duty on second hand is fairly steep.
2016-10-10
Use props
bvanhaastrecht
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-10 16:49
DJI does not charge anything extra, if there are extra charges it is not from DJI and it's from your ...

US sales tax around 0-10%, depending on the state you order and not included in the listed price. EU is included in the price, and for dutch it's 21%.

So worst case in US:
$ 999,- + 10% = $ 1098,90

EU (tax is included in listed price)
€ 1149,- = $ 1334,-

Still a difference of $ 235,10 . To my knowledge, there's no other tax involved in US or EU, so the difference must come from DJI itself. Unless explained otherwise.
2016-10-10
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

bvanhaastrecht Posted at 2016-10-11 14:31
US sales tax around 0-10%, depending on the state you order and not included in the listed price.  ...

Customs duties, import tariffs, currency fluctuations, postages costs.
2016-10-10
Use props
CiqCX6a8ywz8
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bvanhaastrecht Posted at 2016-10-11 14:31
US sales tax around 0-10%, depending on the state you order and not included in the listed price.  ...

The US online price from DJI includes sales tax and free shipping so the price is the price.
2016-10-12
Use props
Airwater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Europe imposes 25% tax on imports from outside the EU. Your 25% import tax is to penalise Europeans for purchasing from abroad and protect EU manufacturers (even though none make their drones in Europe) as well as keep the EU gravy train going.
2016-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Airwater Posted at 2016-10-12 16:38
Europe imposes 25% tax on imports from outside the EU. Your 25% import tax is to penalise Europeans  ...

In Europe and in USA they have what's called trade agreements, these are based around duties and taxes, in Europe our taxes and duties are higher than USA because of the agreement we made with China and this is why Mavic has different price for different regions, I think people in U.K. Can count themselves lucky, your sterling has 7/8 % of its value since pre sales of Mavic, I think if sterling continues to drop you will see the price of all DJI products rise, if they do not it would be cheaper for other Europeans operating in euros to buy directly from U.K. and I can't see that happening.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules