Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please help Donnie
1686 12 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

Donnie how can I roll back my GO App to 2.9.2 from 3.0 ?
2016-10-11
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few quick questions to help Donnie     

1) do you backup your iOS device?
2) If so, do you have a backup with DJI GO App 2.9.2?
3) If not, do you by chance save your downloaded IPAs from iTunes?

IPAs.png

When you download an IPA (iOS App) from Apple, they sign the package with your iTunes account info.
This link may help to explain more about the App process -> click here to take a look at 'How to restore a previous version...'
2016-10-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-12 08:13

Hi Terry,
is it possible that you could put these files in a drop box for others to use?  I was wondering if these are hard coded only for your iTunes account?

I was looking on my PC and thought I would back up the DJI Go App 2.92 just to be safe. When I looked inside the iTunes folder I only found DJI Pilot 1.1.2   ?  

So I would be interested in the last version of 2.92 if it is possible.
Thanks for looking into this for me.

Edit, I thought I had been backing these files up all along and I cannot find any of them!  
Rich
2016-10-12
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-12 11:53
Hi Terry,
is it possible that you could put these files in a drop box for others to use?  I was wo ...

Rich,
Unfortunately, Apple signs each downloaded file with your account info. To use my files, you would need to log in to iTunes as me.... There's probably a procedure to resign the ipa, but I've never researched it...

Bottom-line, these files need to be individually saved from your iTunes. When updated, iTunes throws these into your recycle bin.

Here on the forum, there was once a procedure to download older versions of iOS apps with a back door methodology. Let me search and see if it's still around....

Found the link -> Click here to review the blog by Jeff Benjamin on how to download older versions of iOS apps...
Disclaimer: I've never tried this methodology. Use it with your own descretion.
2016-10-12
Use props
Inspire flyer
lvl.2
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-12 11:13

I do not have a backup for my ipad 2
I do not save my IPAs from iTunes

If somebody does have a backup from iTunes I dont know if they could load a single App using there account on to a different iPad
2016-10-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-12 09:28
Rich,
Unfortunately, Apple signs each downloaded file with your account info. To use my files, you  ...

Thanks Terry I watched the video and information it provided which was very informative.  Looks like a long process and there is room to make a mistake along the way

I still have my IPad mini4 on DJI Go 2.92 and it would make more sense to get my iPad ipa file that I already have.

Thank you very much for sharing your computer help (as always)

Rich
2016-10-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have tried and I cant do it , the only way is to back up your files on I tunes and that is what I did.  I am sorry , I really wish I could help .

donnie
2016-10-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-12 10:13

Thanks Terry for helping out - donnie
2016-10-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-10-12 11:28
Rich,
Unfortunately, Apple signs each downloaded file with your account info. To use my files, you  ...

Rich , thanks for helping out too  - donnie
2016-10-12
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-12 16:29
Thanks Terry I watched the video and information it provided which was very informative.  Looks li ...

Rich, if you have a Mac u can synch to iTunes, that way you have a copy of the IPA. Just make sure you don't have a newer GoApp already in iTunes, if you do just delete it before synching and it will be there.
I always keep my apps in itunes and synch manually, never let any devises do a direct download. I also backup my entire computer to a time Capsule, that way I can find old apps in the Trash or if that is emptied it will be in the backup. I also manually move all important apps (copy) to my dropBox.
2016-10-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-10-13 09:40
Rich, if you have a Mac u can synch to iTunes, that way you have a copy of the IPA. Just make sure  ...

Hi cougar

I am mostly a windows PC guy with iPads and iPhone... so I do not have the same ability for back up. I still have the Go App 2.92 loaded on my iPad mini 4 so I am okay for now.

I will try and keep a back up of the Go App from now on

Rich
2016-10-13
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-10-14 00:40
Rich, if you have a Mac u can synch to iTunes, that way you have a copy of the IPA. Just make sure  ...

Hi Cougar,

I am running iTunes latest version 12.5.1.21 on a Mac OSX Sierra 10.12. The DJI GO App in my iPAD Air running iOS10.02 was previously updated to 2.9.2 directly via App Store App in iPAD. The DJI GO App in my iTunes library was DJI GO 2.7.0. I backed it up, and deleted it from my iTunes library.

I followed your steps trying to obtain a copy of the IPA of my DJI GO 2.9.2 from my iPAD, but nothing showed up in my iTune App library after synching my iPAD to iTunes.

Is it because of my DJI GO 2.9.2 was previously updated from App Store via App Store App in iPAD, not via iTunes in my Mac that led me to this situation of not being able to obtain a copy of the DJI GO App 2.9.2 to my Mac after synching by the way you suggested?

Henry

2016-10-14
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-14 09:26
Hi Cougar,

I am running iTunes latest version 12.5.1.21 on a Mac OSX Sierra 10.12. The DJI GO App  ...

Hi Henry, yes you are more then likely correct, unless the app has previously been updated through iTunes (but not directly to the iPad), don't think this way will work. There is way to install apps that are not currently installed but listed in "purchased" option of iTunes but this will only give you the most resent version.

Other then that the only other way to get an old version of the app is rather long and problematic, think this was already covered in a previous post.
Edit: I strongly advise all Inspire 1 users to ALWAYS BACK UP ALL APPS AS WELL AS FIRMWARE. That way you can always go back (within limitations) and get back flying safetly.

Edit 2: Disable automatic downolads on your IOS devices.
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules