Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Drones tolerance to moist air?
1782 9 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavicowners
lvl.4

Philippines

So if flying through low cloud for a dramatic scene effect how much tolerance do DJI drones have to moist air? ! Do they build with seals etc
2016-10-11
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I haven't flown in low cloud yet so i couldn't speak but as for seals i do not believe there is any at all as the drone needs internal airflow etc for cooling.
2016-10-11
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.1

Condensation can build on the rotors making the craft less stable.  Avoid flying in mist from what I've been told.
2016-10-11
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I'm not sure how condensation, ie getting wet, would affect fast-spinning rotors, but I can certainly see it being an issue if water gets into the electrical motors.

Another issue of course is that your camera lens would be misted...

The battery compartment of the Phantoms has no sealing whatsoever. Frankly I wouldn't even be looking at the Mavic if GoPro had the brains to make their Karma waterproof, perhaps using the same kind of heatsink that the Mavic uses to disperse heat. However the company famous for it's waterproof go-anywhere action cameras created a delicate, don't go outside if it's a bit damp drone, and blew it completely. I don't believe the Mavic is any better in that sense, though it does offer even smaller folded size, longer range and longer flight time.

2016-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

To guarantee the performance of your drone, I would not suggest you to fly in moist air.
2016-10-11
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-12 08:48
To guarantee the performance of your drone, I would not suggest you to fly in moist air.

Hi DJI Mindy, so warranty is not voided when doing so.
2016-10-11
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If you look at the battery connection it's not sealed or anything so it's probably not a good idea.
2016-10-11
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Have there been any issues with unsealed battery's ans mist build-up in the past? It's not like rain or a pool of water.
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-12 14:54
Hi DJI Mindy, so warranty is not voided when doing so.

If the drone is affected with damp for unsutiable environmnet ,it will void the warranty.
2016-10-11
Use props
leanlinao
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Hi I have flow in mountain clouds and most humid places, no problems.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules