Osmo Mobile Balance Adjustment Knob Stuck
4304 13 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vicbarry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400387 ft
Ireland

Hi there, the Balance Adjustment Knob which you loosen to extend the balancing arm is stuck. As a result I can pull the arm in and out, but can't twist the wheel to lock it. Any ideas?
Thanks
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please record a video about this issue?
It's probably a hardware issue. I'll help to check it.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, when you say stuck, you mean you can't tighten it up anymore?  Please try some tools, like use a cloth to increase friction and see if you can turn the knob on.

If still doesn't work, please email support.eu@dji.com to send it in. Thank you.
2016-10-12
Use props
vicbarry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400387 ft
Ireland

I tried everything. Store sent a replacement. Thanks
2016-10-26
Use props
Jota
New

Spain

Hi,

My Osmo Mobile suffered from the same problem after the 3rd use.
It was received on the 3rd of December 2016, tested on the 4th, and not used again until the 25th  of December (Christmas Present). Then I noticed the problem.

Support says they won't replace because more than 15 days passed form activation. The product was just used 3 times, it ruined my Christmas, it's buggy, and still DJI wants to repair it instead of sending a brand new one.
Since the problem seems to be a production process problem, repairing it will not guarantee not to happen again. It's very frustrating to deal with support, who just fits you into and specific case in the most robotic way, applying the corresponding rules.

I want a new Osmo, not a repaired one.

Who can I contact to explain my case?
2017-1-4
Use props
Jota
New

Spain

Jota Posted at 2017-1-4 11:07
Hi,

My Osmo Mobile suffered from the same problem after the 3rd use.

Any updates on this? Is anyone taking care of this forum?
2017-1-21
Use props
fansce470143
lvl.1

Canada

I just received mine after waiting 45 days and I haven't even turned it on and it the balance knob is stuck and cannot be unlocked so that I can put a phone in it and use it.

Wow. Didn't even record a single video or use it once and it's already broken.
2017-2-17
Use props
fansce470143
lvl.1

Canada

My Zenmuse M1 just arrived today and I literally have not even had a chance to use it. All I did was try to open the holder and put my phone in and now the holder is stuck in a fully open position and the locker knob will not unlock. I can't close the holder arms to secure my phone so I haven't even been able to even turn it on and balance it, let alone film something with it. What a rip off. Now I'm gonna have to wait for weeks for DJI to respond to my email, send it back and wait another month for a replacement. I was really excited about DJI products but not anymore. They feel very very cheap and I can't believe an expensive product like this would break so easily.
2017-2-17
Use props
calmplex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20922 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same trouble with mine. I can't turn the knob to loosen or tighten. I'm still able to move the arm itself to try and balance but can't use the knob to lock it in place. It just started happening today (I've had the osmo mobile since October 2016). How can I get some help? I tried contacting online support, but after they suggested I update firmware for an issue with the knob being stuck I stopped the support chat. Hoping someone can help soon.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem. The knob was stuck fast. I used a rubber pad to get better purchase on the knob and applied a bit of force and the knob came free.  Your judgement on how much force to apply.
2017-4-3
Use props
calmplex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20922 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-4-3 08:07
I had the same problem. The knob was stuck fast. I used a rubber pad to get better purchase on the knob and applied a bit of force and the knob came free.  Your judgement on how much force to apply.

Yea I couldnt wait any longer to hear from anyone so i just took a tool to it and eventually it came loose. took some paint off the knob but at least it works now.
2017-4-4
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

calmplex Posted at 2017-4-4 12:52
Yea I couldnt wait any longer to hear from anyone so i just took a tool to it and eventually it came loose. took some paint off the knob but at least it works now.

Ok. Good to hear you got it working.
2017-4-4
Use props
GeoIII
lvl.1

Same problem here...I received it as a gift yesterday, today the balance control knob is stuck fast.
2018-5-11
Use props
GeoIII
lvl.1

DKI makes it very difficult from a policy standpoint to get stuff like this fixed.  Their support reps (mine was via chat and was as helpful as policy would allow) hands are tied. Purchased through Amazon so am going to return for a refund and perhaps repurchase, perhaps not.  But they tried to say it was everything from a software issue to abuse to try and not have to replace my two-day-old unit. I finally just decided to return it through Amazon for a refund. To add insult to injury, I have to actually pay the postage to return a defective, two-day-old product.  So much wrong with this picture, from a unit that breaks one day out of the box to a return process that's all hassle to having to pay postage on top of everything else.
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules