Difference between official FLY MORE bundle and Amazon's?
2522 7 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

I purchased the FLY MORE bundle direct from DJI at the end of last month. According to DJI's store, it includes a total of 2 batteries.

But on Amazon there is the FLY MORE bundle and it has 3 batteries.

Does anyone know why there is a difference there? Or am I just mistaken?

Thanks!

-Kevin
2016-10-13
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I believe that is a mistake on the DJI site. The Fly More package has 2 ADDITIONAL batteries (3 total), plus the charging bank, mobile charging adaptor, more spare props, and the case (am I missing anything?) Some on-line sellers are throwing in a couple 64GB class 10 microSD cards for the same price.

I ordered THOUGH Amazon, with free shipping, but not "Shipped FROM Amazon". My purchase is protected by Amazon, but I don't have sales tax, like I would with Amazon Prime.

I don't think it matters if you order direct from DJI or from any of a number of other sellers... No one is going to see these things at their door until some time in November. I am hoping for November 7th, but am almost certain it will be the end of November, or the beginning of December.

I say this because I think they announced it early, because of the GoPro announcement, but I don't think they have the units to ship. But now, the GoPro is in stores early (they are at BestBuy TODAY, Oct. 13th). Good move on GoPro's part... They will get a lot more sales, just for being in stores, weeks before the Mavic.
2016-10-13
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-14 04:03
I believe that is a mistake on the DJI site. The Fly More package has 2 ADDITIONAL batteries (3 tota ...

Yeah, good point. I hope it's just a mistake.

I considered buying from Amazon (even if it's from a reseller) because I buy almost everything on Amazon (and even have an Amazon Store Card for 5% cash back). But, I ordered from DJI directly thinking I would get it faster -- and because I wanted the replacement plan, which I don't think you can get from Amazon. I'm guessing you can order it AFTER and just submit the proof of purchase and serial number, but I didn't want to take the risk.

You're right, I think they don't have the units on hand and wanted to be aggressive with GoPro. And yes, it was very smart of GoPro to get it in stores by today... good move on their part. It even has me tempted to go down and pick one up.

We'll see I guess. I suppose I'll be happy with a Nov 7-15th delivery date. I'm leaving for Sweden/Norway/Denmark on the 18th, so it sure would be nice to be able to bring it along (though I will have to see what rules apply there for flying).
2016-10-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-13 16:03
I believe that is a mistake on the DJI site. The Fly More package has 2 ADDITIONAL batteries (3 tota ...

I'm waiting for the Mavic release. I'm not getting the GoPro because they are out early.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-14 04:31
Yeah, good point. I hope it's just a mistake.

I considered buying from Amazon (even if it's from  ...

All the packages are the same, the Fly More is 3 batteries total.
2016-10-13
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-10-14 04:34
I'm waiting for the Mavic release. I'm not getting the GoPro because they are out early.

Yeah, I always planned to potentially get the GoPro package as well (but with much less priority). I already have a lot of GoPro Hero 4 gear, and I plan to get some Hero 5's anyway. Getting the drone package is reasonable considering it's the cost of two Hero 5 Blacks, but you get the drone, the handheld stabilizer grip, the camera, the box, etc. Basically, it's like $500 over the cost of a single camera, so might as well.

BUT -- that said -- I can clearly tell that GoPro's drone is pretty amateur. The UI, while nice and simple, is way way way too limited, and the size is huge.

Being an owner of two DJI Inspire's (v1.0 and v2.0) I can tell you that I'm super excited for Mavic. So much that I keep checking my order status
2016-10-13
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-14 04:37
All the packages are the same, the Fly More is 3 batteries total.

Really great to hear! Thanks for clearing up that confusion, I appreciate it a lot.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-14 05:57
Really great to hear! Thanks for clearing up that confusion, I appreciate it a lot.

No problem at all.
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules