Zenmuse Z3
3922 13 2016-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
precisionflying
New

I received my m100 and the Zenmuse Z3.  The problem I am having is when I get on the GO APP it states that "Camera update required.  See firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy for details."

So I go to the tutorials found the Z3 and it has the "preinstall firmware" that's all.  I load it up on the SD card follow the directions for the x3/x5 since there isn't anything specific for the z3 and notta.  Still get the same message that an upgrade is required.

The camera works...kind of, it can go up and down, but it won't turn left or right but a couple of degrees.  I can hit the calibrate and it spins around and does its thing no problem, but with the controller it doesn't do much at all.

Please advise!
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you verify what firmware is currently on the Z3? You only have a M100 and do not have an Inspire as well, is that correct?
2016-10-14
Use props
jakeyzack
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-14 14:58
Can you verify what firmware is currently on the Z3? You only have a M100 and do not have an Inspire ...

If I could upvote this issue 1,000 times I would!  This issue is critical!

I have the same setup and the same problem.  Matrice 100 with the Zenmuse Z3. I can move the gimbal up and down but not left and right, and can't utilize the optical zoom. Like you precisionflying, I first tried installing the Matrice 100 + X3 firmware via the SD card with no luck.  I Then tried the Inspire1 + Z3 firmware (obviously the drone is different but the camera matches) and that didn't work either.  To make it worse, I tried checking my current firmware using DJI Assistant 2 via USB plugin, and my computer doesn't recognize my Matrice 100 (I tried this on both Windows 10 and Windows 8 machines).

I called DJI support and they confirmed there is currently not a firmware package released for the Matrice 100 with the Z3, and suggested that I disconnect my Z3, go find an Inspire1 at a hobby shop, and connect it to that, and maybe the firmware install might work, and connect my Z3 back up to my Matrice (?!?!?).  Thanks for thinking outside of the box, but I'm sorry, that's not a feasible solution.

If you're going to market the Z3 as a camera option on the Matrice 100, then please provide firmware that makes this camera functional!
2016-10-19
Use props
Geronimo13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 529721 ft
France

Same configuration with M100 and Z3. t least my config is working. But My  DJI GO apps display that n update is required.

Still trying to find the updated firmware AND the procedure to upgrade my config.
2016-10-30
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly the Z3 on an inspire 1 and many of us are having issues as well.   In fact i don't think i have read that the camera is working as advertised for anyone.   Mine is losing down feed  while filming video.    It records fine but you cannot see what you are filming, green screen or blank.  Kind of useless.   For still shots it works within close range < 500,  beyond that it is flaky, video jumping in an out.   I am very disappointed.   Many people have been complaining about this for months on the inspire forum and DJI has not done anything.   They cannot even give up an update stating they are working on a firmware fix.   

2016-11-4
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Question: Did anyone test the Zenmuse Z3 with A3 and LB2? Is it working yet? How did you update the latest firmware?
Thank you.
2016-11-28
Use props
cobujo
New

United States

I should mention that there is now a firmware update for the Z3 with the Matrice 100.  All is good (for now).  Thanks!
2016-12-14
Use props
nicholasbowersm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5282280 ft
New Zealand

I am building a custom rig.  N3, Lightbridge 2, Matrice 600 Gimbal plate system, and the z3.  Problem is the app says Gimbal is not connected.  It goes through its motions on start up and then nothing.  Really really frustrated given the lack of documentation on all of these products and that they are supposedly all compatible off the shelf.  What am I missing here DJI?  Could it be camera software?  How come I can find nothing on how to update the z3 software.  I dont have any DJI drones or gimbals to use for update.  Only the hardware above.
2017-2-9
Use props
Hazardpro1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I shall be following this one...
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nicholasbowersm Posted at 2017-2-9 02:24
I am building a custom rig.  N3, Lightbridge 2, Matrice 600 Gimbal plate system, and the z3.  Problem is the app says Gimbal is not connected.  It goes through its motions on start up and then nothing.  Really really frustrated given the lack of documentation on all of these products and that they are supposedly all compatible off the shelf.  What am I missing here DJI?  Could it be camera software?  How come I can find nothing on how to update the z3 software.  I dont have any DJI drones or gimbals to use for update.  Only the hardware above.

You PM'd me about this and I never saw a response from you. In my initial correspondence, I failed to see what camera you were using.

Per the N3 Specs, these are the compatible devices. The Z3 is not listed.
N3 Specs.JPG

Per the Z3 manual, these are the supported platforms: Z3 Compatible Platforms.JPG

When customers have used the M600 mounting plate on non M600 rigs, like on S1000s etc., they've primarily used the A3 flight controller. If you're still looking into getting this to work, the only thing I can recommend is getting in contact with a local dealer to see if they can ensure that the Z3 is fully updated using one of those supported platforms.
2017-2-10
Use props
nicholasbowersm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5282280 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 15:51
You PM'd me about this and I never saw a response from you. In my initial correspondence, I failed to see what camera you were using.

Per the N3 Specs, these are the compatible devices. The Z3 is not listed.

It does work, turns out my new N3 PMU shorted out at first power up.  Get FPV sent me new controler and all is good.  I am in Auckland NZ and the GPS on all my DJI gear, Phantom 4 pro and this N3 is in and out, mostly out and the gimbal drifts like crazy on the P4 pro?  What is going on?  Any ideas?
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nicholasbowersm Posted at 2017-3-5 23:18
It does work, turns out my new N3 PMU shorted out at first power up.  Get FPV sent me new controler and all is good.  I am in Auckland NZ and the GPS on all my DJI gear, Phantom 4 pro and this N3 is in and out, mostly out and the gimbal drifts like crazy on the P4 pro?  What is going on?  Any ideas?

What kind of areas are you flying in? Was this happening to both units right out of the box, or did this happen after firmware updates or any hard landings?
2017-3-7
Use props
HELOUAV
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 14:50
What kind of areas are you flying in? Was this happening to both units right out of the box, or did this happen after firmware updates or any hard landings?

I am having same problem with Z3 and M600Pro. Camera goes up and down but not left to right.  updates done via SD card still no correction;
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HELOUAV Posted at 2017-3-20 03:37
I am having same problem with Z3 and M600Pro. Camera goes up and down but not left to right.  updates done via SD card still no correction;

I'm sorry if it was missed, but do you use it as a single operator or dual?
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules