Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pilot App question
1807 8 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rotorshawn.yaho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10823 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the Piloit App, what does the little finger button do that lets you draw lines on the map?  Is it just markers for yourself or are they flight paths or limits??

Thanks

IMG_3842.PNG
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

When watching the DJI Tutorial it suggests this is an automated flight path, but not sure if that is correct as instructions in manual very limited.
2015-2-2
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 05:21
When watching the DJI Tutorial it suggests this is an automated flight path, but not sure if that is ...

I'd seen similar but not sure what it does for elevation since you're only marking a birds eye view of path.
2015-2-2
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone posted an early (pre-shipment) video tutorial suggesting it was for geofencing so that the Inspire could not fly beyond the lines you drew, but about a week ago I saw a post by a DJI person saying it is just a way for you to draw an area on a map to provide visual reference to help you fly within that area. Kind of like a geofence without the actual fence.
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, but there is a DJI tutorial on the DJI site (First Video - Pilot App) and within the tutorial it states categorically that you can draw an autonomous route  (8.16 into the video) but doesnt say anything about setting height.
2015-2-2
Use props
drklion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Abe and the rest have mentioned it does have a purpose but it is not functioning at this time.  For now you should use it as a guide to stay within that area of drawing.  Nothing more nothing less until DJI updates it and makes it do what it was suppose to do.
2015-2-2
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

Watch this DJI video for explanation. For Map Mode, start at 8:03.

2015-2-2
Use props
dandmpetro.emai
lvl.1

United States

I did see A You tube video of the Inspire flying a flightpath that Someone drew that spelled out Inspire.  I will find it and see if you all thinks it has merit.  
2015-2-2
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

If that part of the video comes true I will be very happy but as for now the auto pilot functions are definitely not yet available for Inspire.  If you look at the FAQ in the manual I think you will see they say its not available now.  The thing that is funny about it is that it wouldn't be quite as simple as the youtube video implies! Would it? I think there would be a few other steps?  Maybe someone can test it by drawing a precise flight path and using auto takeoff

But seriously I can't wait to see how it actually turns out.
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules