Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
frozen image transmission X5R
946 5 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farek14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877552 ft
Poland

I have problem with frozen image transmission. Sometimes video transmissions gets frozen on master and slave. There is no error like "lost video transmission" everything is okay but video preview on both iPad is frozen. I was changing channels but nothing is helping. After that I have to land and turn of drone and turn it on again. This is annoying I can't work
I'm using iPad Air 2. Everything is updated.  
The problem occurs for some time. I hope that the update fixes the problem, but nothing has changed.
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you confirm what firmware you have on the unit? Do you have hardware decoding enabled? How much free space do you have on the device? Have you tried reinstalling the app?
2016-10-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

Please look at the hundreds of responses about this matter.

Jamie and others: appreciate your trouble shooting but most users with problems are experiencing this with default settings. He's got an iPad Air 2 so HW decoding cannot be a problem. Your other two suggestions waste users' time. Sorry if this sounds harsh but get someone higher up the chain to issue an advisory as so many people are complaining.

2016-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue has been well documented and has affected every camera series X3 Z3 X5  to date.

Did you look at that other threads discussing this subject?  copied 2 links below... everyone is waiting for DJI to come out with a new FW fix.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64560-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-62472-1-1.html

Rich

2016-10-16
Use props
farek14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877552 ft
Poland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 02:42
Can you confirm what firmware you have on the unit? Do you have hardware decoding enabled? How much  ...

Firmware is currently the latest, but on the previous firmware fault also occurred. And it doesn't matter  it i have HW decoding enabled or not and i have recording on dji go app on or off. I was trying everything. I was trying other iPads, reinstalling app. I bought a new original cables to the tablet. Nothing helped!
EDIT

One more. Fault occurs only occasionally, I do not know what it depends on. Sometimes it does not appear for several flights, and sometimes at 3 takeoff in a row. It's very annoying when you record a crucial stage and it is impossible to repeat and I'll lose it entirely preview.
2016-10-17
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

farek14 Posted at 2016-10-17 05:51
Firmware is currently the latest, but on the previous firmware fault also occurred. And it doesn't  ...

Try and clean the contacts between the Camera contacts and the Gimbal Contacts, use some Contact cleaner and rubber eraser, go slow and do a good job , make sure you leave no lint particles.  also check all the connections on the Gimbal to the aircraft , make sure no Kinks and all of the Cables  (2 ) are well seated .
****Below is the camera  gimbal board,  clean that and the mating surface on the Camera Isolation mount.
Here are some other suggestions to try :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie

gimbal board.png
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules