Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ideas on Mounting a Shogun Flame to the Inspire 1 RC
2354 6 2016-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurlazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

Hello all,

I've recently purchased a second RC for my Inspire 1 and a Shogun Flame to use as both a client monitor and an AC monitor. It is easy enough to mount the monitor onto a stand but I can easily see the value in having a portable option as well. I'm curious if you all have ideas or experience mounting a proper monitor to the Inspire RC. There is an obvious place for the camera mount when you remove the tablet mount from the RC, but I wonder if it is sturdy enough to support the Flame with its batteries (<5lbs)?

I'd also like to know if there's anyway to mount the DJI Remote Focus to this setup on either RC. It seems that expanding my setup to a 2nd RC has now expanded my crew requirements to 3 people; 1 pilot, 1 cam op, and 1 focus puller. I'd love some ideas on how to keep this to two people while still taking advantage of most of the benefits of using a 2nd RC.

Here's a photo of the gear I'm trying to rig together. RC_Flame_Setup.jpg

Thanks!

2016-10-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You better get a fourth person to shake the Dew off your Lilly when you take a leak too !!  Just kidding but I dont think this needs to be a 3 man operation .  The  camera operator  on the slave should be able to handle the task and pull the focus  as well ,just take some practice .  I would not mount that heavy monitor to the RC, place that on a tripod mount.  

Just my two cents, good luck

donnie
2016-10-15
Use props
cjwsoft.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57320 ft
United States

https://evolution3d.com/shop/rad ... -lcd-monitor-mount/
2016-10-17
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

cjwsoft.gmail Posted at 2016-10-17 07:40
https://vimeo.com/187606712

https://evolution3d.com/shop/radio-mounts/deluxe-dji-phantom-34-inspir ...

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thanks cj!
2016-10-17
Use props
kolbjornfla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16076 ft
Norway

Hi there Mazurlazer.
This is my rig. A work in progres..
page 1.jpg
2016-10-18
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

kolbjornfla Posted at 2016-10-18 06:47
Hi there Mazurlazer.
This is my rig. A work in progres..

What is the purpose of the dual monitor setup like this ? It is beautifully executed but I dont  Understand the function .

donnie
2016-10-18
Use props
kolbjornfla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16076 ft
Norway

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-18 15:44
What is the purpose of the dual monitor setup like this ? It is beautifully executed but I dont  U ...

Hi Donnie.
I got  several reasons for this. First i got a 1500 nit monitor. That is 3 times as good as my tab. Much easier to see in sunlight. I can also film in Log mode and see in realtime on my monitor how it will look after collor corr.
Easier to adjust for best result on pics and movies. I can have a clean picture on the monitore whitout any other info to block visibility.  It sits so high up that i do not have to move my eyes  very much to shift from the monitor to the Inspire 1. This is almost FPV whitout the need for a spotter. I have just one controller, so this helps alot when doing all by yourself.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules